Long hair on toddlers (particularly boys) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayJennie View Post
What kind of hair gel do you use? We considered hair gel, but I'm not a huge fan of putting tons of chemical's on my kid's head. It probably doesn't hurt to put a little hair gel, but if I was using it everyday I would want it to be pretty organic/chemical free (we use all natural and dye free/scent free soaps and shampoos as well because my son has kind of sensitive skin).
We use Aubrey Organics if we run out of our handmade soaps, I use the gel and have not thought about using on my LO, I use it in my hair though.

See:
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/categ...x?categoryID=7

Our 13 month old is just about to the hair in the eye stage, growing through it!

'09   
#32 of 33 Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I revive this thread? My son is going to be 17-months-old in a couple days and I keep getting comments from my MIL about his hair getting "too crazy". He's my youngest of four boys and the only one who ended up with curls. I can't stand the thought of cutting them all off, but it's really hard to keep it out of his face. Quite honestly, I don't want to cut his hair. My main problem is the comments from my MIL. Looking at pictures of my husband when he was a baby/toddler, his hair was long and curly! I feel like she's being hypocritical when she tells me that I need to get Timothy's hair cut.

~Lizzie~

Four boys: Corey (11) blahblah.gif , Aiden REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif  (8), Simon superhero.gif   (5), Timothy bouncy.gif (2).  Shh! Surprise no. 5 in October 2012! belly.gif

#33 of 33 Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
eclipse, I just about cried with your DS's hair cut pics! But he's so stinkin' cute and looked very happy! I can't believe how long his hair was. Wow!

My 6yo has shoulder-length blonde hair that still curls into finger curls in the front. It's only wavy in the back now. You can see him at just-turned-3 in these pics - he'd never had a haircut. Within six months *everyone* was calling him a girl. We finally trimmed it up a little sometime around 3.5 years and have continued to trim it now and again. But even if we hadn't, it would NEVER have been way down his back! Here he is a couple months ago before the most recent trim: http://gallery.mac.com/hvbarrett#100...&bgcolor=black

The baby in those pics - and, yes, all of mine have been nearly bald at birth - now has SUPER curly hair - just covered in ringlets! His hair has never been cut, either, and when stretched out it's now longer than the 6yo's! The little guy will be 3 next week. A decent pic of his hair a couple of months ago: http://gallery.mac.com/hvbarrett#100...&bgcolor=black

And all three of my boys have been called girls at some time or another. My younger two (the longer-haired, curly-tops) get called girls frequently even though they're always dressed in pretty clear "boy" outfits. I generally just nonchalantly interject, "Oh, he's a boy. Yep, they're all boys!" and get big eyes and lots of "Wow!"s at the fact that I am out and about with three boys.

Thankfully with the curls we haven't had to deal with needing to hold their hair back, but that IS why we eventually cut DS1's hair at 18m. His preschool teachers kept telling us it was in his eyes, and so we finally made the leap. I did keep it on the much longer side, though. He's 8.5 and has had ONE clipper cut, ever, only because he decided he wanted to try something shorter.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page