October 2009 Mums and TODDLERS! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 119 Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our first thread over here in Toddlers. Mamas whose babes have had their birthday already: how did it go? Tell us all about it!!!

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#2 of 119 Old 09-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't believe it's been an year! Dd's birthday is tomorrow, but we'll celebrate it with family and friends in a couple of weeks, when my sister (dd's godmother) is visiting us.

I'm so happy dd graduated to toddlerhood, but sad in a way; she's my last baby.

Happy birthday everyone!

caffix.gif

#3 of 119 Old 09-30-2010, 05:46 PM

For me it's funny Owen has been a toddler IMO since about 10 months when he started walking or toddling, LOL. We're not huge 1st b-day people, I think it is too overwhelming for many kids that age, so we just have a mellow family dinner planned.

IDK how much I'll be able to post since DS is such a toddler, he's a BUSY boy.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#4 of 119 Old 09-30-2010, 06:01 PM

DD will be 1 in less than 2 weeks. Where did the time go???

I guess this means I'll have to check the "Toddler" thread only from now on. Bye bye babes, hello big boys and girls!

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#5 of 119 Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 PM

is it really bad that i teared up when i saw the post in LWIB saying we moved to toddlers? eeeek.
she didn't want to come out into the world, so our birthday celebration is quite some time after the dd and not for a while. but she's toddling all around, that's for sure. walking like crazy!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#6 of 119 Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Lyra's not walking ye. Cruising a bit while holding onto furniture, but not standing independently either.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#7 of 119 Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Emily is not walking yet but she is cruising so it shouldnt be long. i havent made any birthday plans. i think i am in denial. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#8 of 119 Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 AM

S is not walking yet but will hold our hands and walk, and in fact demands it, has for awhile. She cruises on furniture too. She says dada and mama and dat and ba (ball) and bee bee (baby -- her favorite toy, a baby doll).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#9 of 119 Old 10-02-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

No words over here except "mama" and "da", and we suspect that "a-DAH" means dog.

#10 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Hey I was just lurking in the newest DDC & saw that kawa kamuri is pregnant, too!! Has she posted here recently? Hooray for all the new babies!

I totally wish there was an easy way to send a PM to every member of our old DDC, asking them to come join us this month. I actually lie awake at night thinking about things like that. I'd so love to hear from everybody!

My Oct baby has started walking! He still says only mama & dada.

I finally had my 1st PPAF, which is why I was over there lurking in the DDCs. Maybe I'll get to join the party over there again soon.

I'm not kidding, this past year has whizzed by so fast that it feels almost like a Twilight Zone episode or something. Like, people around me must be lying- didn't I just give birth to this baby?? Er, I mean..... toddler!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#11 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

I have Crystal (Kawa Kamuri) on my Facebook and I haven't seen an announcement.. I should go stalk.. LOL

Edit: and I JUST got my first PPAF yesterday. Right as DH and I were eating dinner, ready to go out on a date.

#12 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM

for everett's 1st birthday, my mom made the 4.5hr drive up and surprised us
that weekend we just had a few friends over for a bbq and a friend made some yummy cupcakes - everett didn't have any but callum did

everett babbles but no real words, or maybe they are - sounds like he says mama to me but not totally sure. he loves climbing stairs and the usual cruising, and can stand on his own but no walking yet

the biggest change is how much he actually plays with his older brother. they really interact which is great

everett has 9 teeth and is still nursing what feels like non-stop, and for long periods of time. it's kind of a chore, and sometimes i kind of hate it (like after 45 minutes on the boob non-stop), but i know it isn't forever and i remember how positive it was to let ds1 self-wean. so hanging in

still haven't got the balance right, but trying.

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#13 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 02:59 PM

i have not got ppaf yet. i am still waiting. i am afraid though. lol. when DD1 was 18 mo old i got a 3 day bleed, the first ppaf, then 6 weeks later found out i was 6 weeks preg. this time i am charting and checking cf. hopefully another preg wont sneak up on me, i much prefer planning them.

still havent made plans for a bday party. i keep telling everyone i am denial. i do not want her to be a year already but tues is her bday. sigh. better get on it. if the weather permits i would like to have it at a park, maybe fly some kites. then go to the grandparents houses separately.

DD2 can walk now only holding one of my hands. she says mom and dad. she signs mom and milk. she doesnt like putting blocks in holes but she loves taking my bbt in and out of its case.

she will only eat what she steals from me. if i give it to her on her tray she will play with it and throw it. but if i am eating it, she will steal it and wolf it down. she can eat almost anything except normal choking hazard stuff. she has 6 teeth now.

it sounds like everybody's babies are about on the same page. isnt it amazing how babies grow?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#14 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Lyra cut her first MOLAR over the night!

#15 of 119 Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Wow, molars! Youch! With us, dd doesn't nurse much at all lately. She is too distracted, and frankly she seems to prefer the company of dh or even a friend of mine to my company. She nurses mostly when I can get her into bed -- when we're out it's a lot harder to get her to nurse. I often resort to nursing her in her car seat or sometimes just sitting up in the front seat holding her, because she gets too distracted or busy. I think she may be cutting some more teeth too soon. What is the usual order? She has eight teeth so far.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#16 of 119 Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Hey I was just lurking in the newest DDC & saw that kawa kamuri is pregnant, too!! Has she posted here recently? Hooray for all the new babies!

I totally wish there was an easy way to send a PM to every member of our old DDC, asking them to come join us this month. I actually lie awake at night thinking about things like that. I'd so love to hear from everybody!

My Oct baby has started walking! He still says only mama & dada.

I finally had my 1st PPAF, which is why I was over there lurking in the DDCs. Maybe I'll get to join the party over there again soon.

I'm not kidding, this past year has whizzed by so fast that it feels almost like a Twilight Zone episode or something. Like, people around me must be lying- didn't I just give birth to this baby?? Er, I mean..... toddler!
Aw Zjande, I miss you too! I wish they would just re-open our old DDC.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#17 of 119 Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Yeah, it hit me a while back when Kara started unloading drawers and emptying cabinets, disappearing into empty rooms and throwing mega-tantrums .... She's acting like a toddler already!

They recently built a new pavilion in a private area of the park with it's own small play area, so I'm planning to get there early and put my dibs on it for her b-day celebration. Her dad's b-day is the week before and he's working that day, so it will probably be a double celebration. I'm excited!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#18 of 119 Old 10-06-2010, 06:33 PM

#19 of 119 Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My son is still an infant. My son is still an infant. My son is still an infant.

(denial denial denial) lol

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#20 of 119 Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Does anyone else have a climber? Owen is climbing, pulling the chairs out from the dining room table and climbing up ONTO the table. He also climbs the picnic table. Yesterday was a very pivotal day of maturing into toddler status, it seems like every month Owen has a developmental leap a week or so after his month birthday.

Yesterday he was just acting so little boy. Not baby-ish at all.

#21 of 119 Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 PM

My baby is one today! I can't believe it. A part of me just wants to put my hands on her and say REVERT! REVERT! Go back to that tiny baby. Then I remember that I actually get sleep now and like it that way!

I have not been on MDC for awhile. I have lurked briefly but haven't posted. Congrats to all the yearlings and their mamas!

It sounds like everyone is busy and that all the little ones are growing up so quickly. Bridget doesn't walk yet but she does stand up in the middle of floor and then sit back down completely unassisted so it is coming. I'm not in any rush, though! Those walking, running toddlers are a lot of work!

starmora-That was nice of your mom to drive so far for his birthday! Did he not like the cupcake or did you not want to give him one yet?

MsVyky-How'd the cutting of that molar go? Bridge has 7 teeth but no molars yet. When she gets really cranky I think one will show up anytime but they never come!

Harmony96-How is baby's skin? I have missed the last several months.

Norasmomma-Yes, I know what you mean about them throwing tantrums! Bridget is quite contrary. Any question you ask her, she shakes her head no. She gets MAD if she can't have what she want swhen she wants it. It has happened too fast. On top of that you have a climber. Oh my! Good for him, maybe not so much for you! He sounds athletic.

abeecharmer-Awesome that she signed nurse!

Serenyd-My favorite (said with sarcasm) is when I'm sorting laundry form that hamper into laundry baskets and as I fill that baskets, Bridget is on the other end of them pulling out the clothes and throwing them on the floor. I'm sure she would love the drawers like Kara, too. She just hasn't had the chance yet!

Bridget can give a high five, and point out her facial parts, i.e. where's your nose?, ect. She can drink from a cup and likes eating a wide variety of foods. She still nurses like a champ. What is everyone going to dress their babies (ooops I mean toddlers!) up for on Halloween?

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#22 of 119 Old 10-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Happy Birthday Bridget!

Ugh, today Owen has turned into that tyrannical toddler of my nightmares, in addition to his climbing, he also can now lift up the toilet seat, and get into the garbage. WHY is the garbage soooooo interesting to toddlers is beyond me, they friggin LOVE it though. I came out of the bathroom, after I had removed him from the toilet, then he went into the kitchen(and it got way too silent, IYKWIM) and of course there he was eating a banana peel he'd found in the garbage He was macking on it like it was the most delicious thing he'd ever eaten.

He's being incredibly difficult and yes toddler-ish. He is mirroring my DD around this age, except he is about 2 months ahead of her physical development at the same age. She signed and spoke much more, he is signing, and understands signs. He signed milk a long time ago, and now signs "yes", and also shakes his head "no" for most things. Also he barely is napping.

#23 of 119 Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 AM

a big fat DITTO to laundry/toilet/garbage monsters! And mine is absolutely hellbent on getting into the "off limits" stuff like gadgets, batteries, medicine bottles, scissors, pens, nail clippers, etc. Removing the item or the child results in a tantrum.

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one feeling bittersweet about our new LO's turning one already. we had DS's birthday party last weekend and I just got around to uploading pics (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=8e61c09358).

Today he started climbing! Save me! Still no walking on his own yet (so not complaining; I'm not looking forward to chasing after him) but he will walk holding hands and is pretty much velcro'd to my legs anytime I'm not down on the floor with him. He doesn't seem very sure-footed (takes after me in that area) so he might be a late walker, but what do I know.

He's so communicative, using more signs and words, and really into his songs and books. He can point out his nose, hair and ears, and whenever anyone says "mouth" he says, "Ahhh" and pats his mouth. I don't know how he picked that up, but it's hilarious. I am so enthralled by his sense of humor. I'm just astounded by how he's matured so far. Aren't babies amazing?!

I think he's working on some new teeth. He has 8 so far (4 top, 4 bottom) but I don't know what's next. molars?

Doula ~ CBE ~ Life Partner to my ManBearPeach ~ Multiple-miscarriage Survivor ~ Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, CDing, Babywearing, Co-Sleeping Mama to my Boy Bean , born 9/30/09!
#24 of 119 Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
MsVyky-How'd the cutting of that molar go? Bridge has 7 teeth but no molars yet. When she gets really cranky I think one will show up anytime but they never come!
Not too bad, actually. She's working on the 2nd molar now!

#25 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Checkin in! Persephone has been walking since 10 months, and is easily running now. (she has to learn some coping skills to get away from her siblings. LOL) The only words we know for sure are "Mama" and "No" but they aren't super super clear. She has such an awesome personality that she is easily my most laid back baby, though Odin comes in close behind her. She's still our little PJ no matter if she can walk or not, even if we have to put her diaper on backwards because she pulls them off already. And even if she refuses clothes just like her other two siblings with sensory issues. She's our "Mimi" which somehow became her nickname despite our best efforts not to call her that. Ivy insisted that she was "Mimi" because it rhymed with "baby" and therefore it was only logical that she be named "Mimi" LOL And wouldn't ya know it.. the other kids picked up on it so fast that we really didn't have a choice. LOL

Anyway, I'm here. Its nice to see updates on so many DDC'ers!

PS. The garbage can has a home on the washing machine. Been there for months or she'll pick things out of it to eat! EWwwww

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#26 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 08:45 AM

I have one of these babies! Less than a week away from her birthday and I can't believe it. She has week walking for a few weeks now and she is getting really fast already! She has a few words, but her favorite is "Hi!" Depending on her tone, Hi means all sorts of different things. Man, this year has flown!
#27 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 AM

hi everyone! we've had a rough go with allergies (seasonal) lately but things are going great in the developmental areas. we signed out of EI a few months ago and we haven't looked back. millie started walking right at 11 months and she practically runs now. it is bittersweet because she's my last, but honestly i'm ready for some sleep.

my depression is getting better, but when we go a week with horrible sleeping, i get over tired and can not cope. sleep deprivation will do weird things to you!

the best thing about toddlerhood: she's starting to tell us what she wants and can follow simple instructions.

the worst thing about toddlerhood: she already thinks she's 18!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#28 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
Does anyone else have a climber? Owen is climbing, pulling the chairs out from the dining room table and climbing up ONTO the table. He also climbs the picnic table. Yesterday was a very pivotal day of maturing into toddler status, it seems like every month Owen has a developmental leap a week or so after his month birthday.

Um yeah.. this is Israel. He is a major climber. Today he is 1!!! Where did my baby go. He is started to walk too. 6 steps yesterday!!
Glad to see there are now 3 of us crazy enough to get pregnant this soon!
Ill post pics later today after cake

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#29 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post

Checking in! My LO is crazy!! She is a total climber. She loves to empty out the cabinets and play in there. If I put boxes or things to block her from getting into things, she'll climb right over the top. Going around is not in her vocabulary. ha!!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#30 of 119 Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Israel and pumpkin cake made by Dada
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/1...bration-1.html
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/10/few-more.html

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page