Favorite cloth baby doll? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for a perfect cloth/Waldorf style baby doll for DD2 for Christmas when she'll be 16 months. We have lots of sweet baby dolls (all cloth) from DD1. They get lots of play, but DD1 never attached to one special doll. DD2 is super sweet with dolls. I'd like her to have her own special doll. I'm having trouble finding one I love. I've searched several toy stores as well as etsy. It's finding a nicely formed face that I'm really struggling with. I want the doll to be a baby - not a kid. I'm looking to spend roughly $50 at most ($25-35 would be awesome). Any suggestions?

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#2 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM

We got a Peppa doll from Nova Naturals when DD2 turned 1:

http://www.novanatural.com/baby/small-dolls/cuddle-doll

Nothing fancy, but it's sweet. DD2 likes her face a lot (and points to "eye!" and "nooos", even though there's no nose there...)

She unwrapped it herself, and she really seemed to be able to tell from the beginning that it was HER dolly. (So we got another in case of unfortunate events, and I can vouch that this one survives machine washing pretty well...)

Academic mama to Miss T. (09/05) and Miss V. (05/09).
Oh, and (hence )
#3 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM

I was going to suggest that one too. DD loves it (although she loves the plastic baby my mom got her more!)

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#4 of 5 Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM

I was going to suggest the same doll. We got one for DS last year and it's a nice doll, and a nice size at 13" too.

Life with a toddler: it's not so much the volume, it's the pitch!
#5 of 5 Old 11-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJane View Post

We got a Peppa doll from Nova Naturals when DD2 turned 1:

http://www.novanatural.com/baby/small-dolls/cuddle-doll

Nothing fancy, but it's sweet. DD2 likes her face a lot (and points to "eye!" and "nooos", even though there's no nose there...)

She unwrapped it herself, and she really seemed to be able to tell from the beginning that it was HER dolly. (So we got another in case of unfortunate events, and I can vouch that this one survives machine washing pretty well...)

I'm thinking of ordering 2 of these to encourage as lovey/sleeping companions - are the very soft throughout the whole doll?  Some of the stuffed animals that my DD brings into bed with us aren't very comfortable if they happen to get rolled onto in the middle of the night due to compact stuffing in the limbs, etc.

Thanks for your help.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page