when did your toddlers naps stop? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB View Post

This is how I feel too. I can't believe how little sleep some of the LOs in this thread are getting. My DS is 33 months and naps every day unless there is something going on and I need to keep him up.
Not every young kid that doesn't nap is lacking sleep. My DS3 who dropped his nap at 18 mos. gets 14 hours a night average, though sometimes it's as high as 16-17. Plus his sleep is much more regular because no matter when we have stuff going on during the day, he is always awake then anyhow (when he was a "napper" those off days were just horrid). Not every kid can sleep so long at night and go without a nap during the day, but it works out pretty well for my kid, and if I tried to force him to stay up later and nap during the day he'd be pretty miserable...I know this because when we had it in our heads that all children NEED to nap at that age he WAS miserable.
#32 of 35 Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 PM

one of my kids is still napping, the other is dropping his nap. they are going to be 2 in january.

the one who is dropping it just simply refuses to go down. and he used to take like 1.5hr - 2hr naps no problem. a couple of weeks ago he just started to refuse. i think he still needs it though... he crashes out for a catnap usually around 4 (in the car, or on his beanbag chair or something). but you can't force someone to go to sleep, so it is what it is. he is definitely more high-strung of the two, for what it's worth. the other guy is really mellow.

they both sleep about the same amount of time at night, from 8ish to 7ish, and have been STTN since weaning at 15mos.
#33 of 35 Old 11-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They haven't. DD is 4.75 and still naps most afternoons. She's STTN since about the time she turned 2. On days she's unable to fall asleep, she sits on her bed and reads books quietly, but that's maybe 1/5 of the time lately. She has been through phases where she wouldn't nap for a week or two for some reason, but she always goes back to napping.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#34 of 35 Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My DD skipped a nap a few weeks ago but had a meltdown at bedtime. I even tried putting her to bed an hour early that day so she wouldnt be overtired. SO it was back to napping. Honestly I think this one is going to nap all the way to highschool.

Right now she falls asleep for both her nap and her bedtime with ease. She sleeps from 9 pm - 8 am and then goes down at about noon till about 2 pm. So she gets about 13 hours total, sometimes a little more.

If she starts having trouble with nap or bedtime, I may cut an hour off her nap and see how that goes. Right now there is a strict no napping past 330 rule.

I do a similar thing as one of the PP. I tell DD to read her baby a story and tell her baby what she did today and wants to do tomorrow, if she cant sleep. She usually passes out 10 min later.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#35 of 35 Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Don't panic just yet. DS (27 months) has several times had DAYS of bad, or even no, naps, in a row when I feared he was given them up then fallen back into the routine. We just kept up the routine. He sleeps from 7:30 p.m. to 6:30-7 a.m. and from 1-3 p.m., BTW.

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page