the "yup, s/he's mine!" thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what habit(s) or behavior(s) does your toddler have that make you think "yup, s/he's mine!"

i have a horrible nervous picking habit. perhaps better identified as a picking compulsion. i can't help it! when i was little, i'd hide out in the downstairs bathroom so i could pick at the seam of the wallpaper, and blamed the cat when i got caught (not very smooth, but hey, i was a kid). dd seems to have inherited the picker gene. no price sticker is safe... no tape, hangnail, or tag... today she was trying to pick the sticker off the inside of the dryer door. it made me laugh. she is definitely mine
#2 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Bossy.... She tells all the little kids at the playground how to play. And they do what she says.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#3 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 PM

OMG, I could go on forever, my DD does a lot of stuff like me. But the most noticeable thing is how she sits on her butt with her knees bent back. I used to do this constantly when I was a child. She also makes this Ooh ooh noise that I do all the time, which I didn't even realize that I did until she started to do it.

fly-by-nursing1.gifSAHM living on the beautiful Eastern Shore with my husband the car nut banghead.gif, and bebe Eleanor, born 9/16/09 luxlove.gif plus two kitties! cat.gif
#4 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 07:57 PM

My kid speaks less than ten words (more like five) but he has the frustration noise I make down pat. And he uses it all the time (just like me )!
#5 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 PM

She runs back to her bedroom to read alone (well, she flips thru her books and pretends to read). If we interrupt her alone time she gets upset (it only lasts about 15 mins). Both mom and dad are introverts and English majors! It must be genetic. She is only 15 months, it is so adorable.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#6 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 PM

He pulls on his earlobe when he's thinking or tired, which I have done my entire life!
#7 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewyf View Post
She runs back to her bedroom to read alone (well, she flips thru her books and pretends to read). If we interrupt her alone time she gets upset (it only lasts about 15 mins). Both mom and dad are introverts and English majors! It must be genetic. She is only 15 months, it is so adorable.
I was also an English major, and 15 mo dd does this too! She'll disappear for a minute and I'll find her sitting in her chair or on the floor "reading." She loves books.
#8 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Both my boys wrinkle their noses like I do. I didn't know I wrinkled my nose until my first son started doing it!

#9 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM

-She has a real tough time sleeping (I've always dealt with insomnia).
-She scratches her head when she's nervous or thinking... me too.

Quote:
We have a variation on this one. She'll grab two novels off the shelf (my books) and take one for herself and give me the other one and tells me "mommy read" so we both have to sit down and have quiet time reading. She does that with kids books too, but I prefer to read my own books over reading Maisy to myself.
#10 of 14 Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Not so much that he's mine, but he sure is daddy's son! Husband is notoriously unobservant (my new haircut can go unnoticed for weeks.) I recently rearranged son's room, with the bed in a totally different orientation. 3 days later, my son ran into the room and stopped short, saying "Hey! The bed is in a different place!" Granted, he doesn't sleep in that bed, but he spends plenty of time cuddling on it, and had already by then climbed on and off the bed numerous times. Husband was so pleased!

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#11 of 14 Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM

His book OBSESSION. I was an English major, despite my best efforts to get myself to study something that actually can get you a job.

He sleeps in late and goes to bed late, and reverts back to this schedule no matter what I do. Both DH and I are night owls by nature.

Also, we apparently sleep in the same odd positions, side by side.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
#12 of 14 Old 11-06-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
I love coming around to the backseat and seeing DS look up from the book he's been "reading" and grin! Now that he has a few words, he also "reads" aloud back there...I love it.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
#13 of 14 Old 11-06-2010, 03:15 AM

He very carefully puts things away just right... Then scolds anyone who tries to move it.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#14 of 14 Old 11-06-2010, 05:22 PM

DD 's book obsession and also her coloring passion is both like DP and me.

She hates combing/brushing her hair like her mama. LOVES water like her mama, DP calls us mermaids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page