Thankful in November for our May 09 Babies! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 02-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bwahahaha! Olivia does this too! It's so cute, it certainly makes the tantrums easier to deal with. They tend to be super short lived anyway.

Blessed_Mom - no tantrumming yet! Good for you! I'm hopeful that Olivia doesn't get much worse once we get into 2-3 years... she's really not bad now and it's almost always driven by something else (hungry, tired, has a cold, bored, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

LMAO.  Em doesn't go into the carpeted rooms, but she throws herself down very.carefully, hahahaha.  Like, she'll go down on her knees, then slowly spread out until she's face down, THEN start howling.  It's a controlled throw, rotfl.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#32 of 41 Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Em's tantrums are sometimes short, sometimes not.  I actually have had to football-carry her off of the playground kicking and screaming, with Ozzy on the other hip.  *sigh*

She's just, um, "strong-willed" (isn't that the term for "hard headed and doesn't listen"?  ROTFL).  She's not a "wild" kid at all, she's very cool and calm, she just knows exactly what she wants and if she doesn't get it she throws.a.fit.  Redirection does NOT work very well with her, because she's so fixated.  So  half the time I just have to totally remove her from the situation, and sit with her while she gets all the screaming out of her system.  I'm trying to be empathetic and verbalize with her while it's going on, "I know you're angry, I see that makes you mad" etc.  Most of the time she won't let me touch her, but I have to be there anyway because when it's winding down she wants to grab on to me and hold on to me (still without me touching her-- if I go to hug her back she pushes my hand away... she just wants to cling to calm down).  

It's not fun, but it is what it is, she's a toddler.  

Right now I'm mostly trying to focus on being consistent... not giving in to a tantrum, but also not saying "no" to her unless I have to (doing the mental check list of "is it dangerous?  does it really matter if she does this? etc").  

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#33 of 41 Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi Ladies!

Luke talks up a storm--at this point, once he hears a word/phrase once or twice, he incorporates it into his regular vocabulary.  Of course, his pronunciation isn't the best, so the more he talks, the less I can actually understand because he has a dozen words that all sound really similar. 

So far, his "tantrums" have been more along the lines of dancing in place and whining, rather than the throwing himself on the floor and screaming, and I'm hoping that continues.  And most of his tantrums are about food--ie, he wants to eat RIGHT NOW instead of waiting the two minutes for his oatmeal to cook or whatever.  He's pretty cooperative in general and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Our other news is that I'm about 15 weeks pregnant--due at the end of July.  We're excited & this pregnancy is moving so much faster than our first because Luke keeps us on our toes winky.gif

Loving life with DH DS1 (5/7/09) and DS2 (7/23/11)
#34 of 41 Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy Novus! How exciting!!

#35 of 41 Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM

Congrats Novus!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#36 of 41 Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM

Congratulations Novus! Fantastic news. How fun for Luke to have a little brother or sister on the way.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#37 of 41 Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 AM

Congrats, Novus :D

My LO is still a very picky eater. Feeding her is the single most stressful thing about her. As I mentioned , she doesn't tantrum and is a very well-behaved kid in general. Very sweet and laid-back. If only she would eat. She is 24.5 pounds and is very petite.

Hasn't outgrown her allergies either....

#38 of 41 Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Olivia isn't necessarily picky, but doesn't like foods that you always expect toddlers to like! Won't go near a chicken nugget, but is happily enjoying a grapefruit as her afternoon snack. Loves curry, mexican and indian food, things like that. We always joke that she is going to be an expensive date :lol

She is also petite, 32.25 inches and 22.5lbs at her last appointment about a month ago. She was still in the 75th and 70th percentiles, respectively, though she looks petite.

#39 of 41 Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I wouldn't really call Luke a picky eater either because he eats *almost* everything under the sun.  Except for veggies and eggs.  He refuses every kind of vegetable, regardless of what form it's in, how it's cooked, etc.  Same with eggs--he tastes the "egginess," regardless of how it's cooked.  I do wish I could get him to eat some vegetables, but I guess all I can do is keep offering.

Loving life with DH DS1 (5/7/09) and DS2 (7/23/11)
#40 of 41 Old 02-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Congrats Novus!!

Anna is very small too, my others were in 3T by age 2, so it's wierd to have one that can still wear 18-24 months :p Tantrums: check. Awful horrid tantrums that consist of screaming her head off, kicking, arching her back, flailing everywhere. She is an extremely picky eater and for the most parts only wants sweets. It started just to get some quiet, but has grown into a very bad habit. I'm pretty good at holding out on her, but daddy, not so much. Getting her to sleep at night is still a fight, she will stay up till midnight and still scream when we insist we hold her till she gives up. She has words, but you have to listen carefully, I hear them all the time, but my husband still doesn't understand her. She really is a quiet kid (unless she's screaming) which probably has to do with being the third. I've always heard each kid after the first takes longer to talk, which is definately holding true here.

Do any of you ladies have an clues or experience on this one: She will chew on her food but spit almost all of it out. That is about all she does with real food. I'm at a loss on it. The only thing I ever really see her eat is apples and macaroni and cheese and sometimes she'll do it with those too.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#41 of 41 Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 AM

Would one new thread be okay for you ladies? I feel odd when I see the word november in february :p If not feel free to ignore it :)

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1298229/enjoying-every-moment-in-2011-with-our-may-09-babies#post_16263101

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page