Son saying 'pee pee hurt' - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, my son is 2 1/2-ish and he's been saying his pee-pee hurts.  I don't see anything when I look at it, he is uncircumsized, but I didn't think I had to really do anything special due to that.  I feel very weird posting this, but I don't have any other mom friends who didn't circ.  What do I do?  Should I take him to the Dr?  Is this something I can figure out?  I this appropriate to be posting even? 

#2 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 10:51 AM

post over in the Cases Against Circumcision forum.  There's lots of good info there!  This is not uncommon, and rarely is a reason to go to the doc.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM

I don't have a boy, but I saw your post and wondered if maybe it could be a UTI or something? Particularly because it seems like he's said it more than once? Just throwing this out as a possibility, hope you get it figured out soon!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM

I agree to post over in the specific area as you will get more responses. He could have seperation starting. My 4yo is going through this right now and every now and then he will complain that it hurts and I had time show me where and when he retracted it I saw it was open more than it used to be. Best of luck and I am sure all is fine. 

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#5 of 7 Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM

My 33 month old daughter had been saying her "peepee hurts" for a few  days...we took her to the dr and she had a uti.  She didn't have any other signs, so it might be worth ruling out.

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#6 of 7 Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 PM

my uncirc'ed son had this once and after visiting the doctor etc we realised it was probably an irritation to a bubble bath he took. maybe that could be a reason for your ds? now we only take clean water baths and occasionally if he does take a bubble bath i don't let him sit in there for eternity. just something to consider...

#7 of 7 Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

We don't do bubble baths yet and he never says it hurts when he's peeing, so I'm guessing separation.  I wasn't aware that this could be uncomfortable for little boys.  Also, it comes and goes, sometimes only once a day he'll say it, not more than a few times, and not every day.  So separation fits best.  Thanks for all the replies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page