small feet and snow boots - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
tzs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dd has the tiniest feet...she's still in infant size 2 and miiiiight get into 3's by the end of winter. it's hard enough finding soled shoes in her size but i have yet to find a pair of snow boots. they all seem to start at size 5. poor kid......do petite babes not get to play in the snow?!?

closest i've gotten is suede boots at walmart but suede in the freezing snow????? and would i be too picky to not want to drop $50?

does anyone have any leads for warm boots for tiny toes?

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#2 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM

I found some that looked decent in size 4 at our Baby's R Us, but I didn't look to see if they had any in any smaller sizes since DD is a 3 1/2 now so I get her size 4 shoes.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#3 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 PM

The Children's Place sells winter boots in size 3.  I saw them in the store last winter.

Mama to three

#4 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Will something like this work?

http://www.6pm.com/baby-deer-vinly-eva-boot-infant-toddler-silver 

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

#5 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 PM

I know you said you didn't want to spend too much money, but if your baby's going to be romping in the snow, you want to make sure you get her good boots that will keep her feet dry. These Stonz booties look great, and come in sizes from newborn upward! You might be able to find a lower price, if you search around a bit.

#6 of 14 Old 11-18-2010, 05:05 AM

Last year we ended up doing regular shoes with snow booties over them. You know, the waterproof ones that attach to a snowsuit, if you can find a snowsuit where they're not already attached? Don't know if I'm making sense. But he wasn't too into walking around in the snow, he was only out there for short periods of time. This year his feet are a bit bigger finally (just barely into a size 5) so we were able to find regular snow boots at a thrift store. It drives me nuts that they don't make soled shoes, boots, etc. for small kids.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#7 of 14 Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM

I think Target has them in size 4. That might work with thick socks.

Mama to my sweet girl born at home 6/09
#8 of 14 Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Khi View Post

I think Target has them in size 4. That might work with thick socks.

I know our Target doesn't, but it might vary based on location.  Our Target's snow boots started at size 5 though.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#9 of 14 Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM

We did Stonz last year when DD was just over 1 (october bday). They were fine because she really didn't play in the snow for long periods of time. This year, however we are moving to 'real' boots (sorels) because she will be outside more. They come in a size 4 and they are fairly small fitting, IMO

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

#10 of 14 Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I bought http://www.jackandlily.com/c378102668p17575302.2.html at Costco for $18.  I actually bought 2 pairs because they're so great!  My DD is in a size 3 (12-18mo), but they come in 6-12mo size as well.  They soft soled, well made, cute and affordable!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#11 of 14 Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

they have jack and lily at costco?!?! crap.....i gotta go!

thanks for the suggestions everybody...i think something will work!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#12 of 14 Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Just another plug for Stonz booties. They are awesome. We had a pair for DS2 last year not because his feet were small but because they were so fat! We would have needed to size up 2-3 sizes to get boots that would fit his fat feet and then he wouldn't have been able to walk. They wear beautifully... DS wore his all winter and walked everywhere in them and they still look brand new.

Mama to my 3 wild things.

#13 of 14 Old 11-20-2010, 02:07 PM

We got a pai of the mole hill sno moc, just like the stonz but for $24 on ebay or altrec

#14 of 14 Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 PM

IDK, but I got DS1 a pair of kamiks last year that I think he'll still fit into this year... and I ended up picking a pair of 6's up at khols for $5 last spring, which I *THINK* (fingers crossed!) will fit ds2 this winter :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page