Mothering Forum banner

Bright yellow liquid in toddler's diaper

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JudiAU 
#1 ·
This morning, when I was changing DD's diaper, I noticed that although she hadn't pooped, her butt didn't smell so good and I gave it a wash. At the next diaper change, I found a bright yellow, smelly liquid in her diaper. Definitely not pee.

I thought really hard about what she's consumed the day before and the only new thing was that she had some chamomile tea before bedtime. Could this have caused the...I don't know if I want to call it a problem, yet, but my searches on yellow poo made me quite worried!

#4 ·
Nope, no supplements. And there was something about the smell and look of it that makes me sure it wasn't pee. It could have been a wet fart
orngtongue.gif
, but it was such a bright yellow that it worried me. Here poo is never anything close to that color. And it happened twice. Since then, it seems everything has gone back to normal, but I'm still wondering about the chamomile tea.... She's even asked for it recently, and I hesitated to give it to her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.