Mothering Forum banner

2.5 year old separation anxiety

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MamaAsheri 
#1 ·
I am a SAHM of one 2.5 YO son (my first/only). I have never had a reason to leave him with anyone for more than a little while (up to an hour or two) here and there -only with people he knows well. We have just moved to a new town and he doesn't want to use any type of child care (stvthe gym, for example). I have tried a couple times but he said he cries because he doesn't see mommy anymore. I have never forced the issue or forced him to stay long. He does fine with people he knows although he may be sad when I first leave. He us not clingy to me when we're together.

Tonight we started watching Polar Express. At the beginning, a little boy leaves his mom and dad at home and gets on a train going to the North Pole. My DS got very sad and cried about this to the point we stopped th movie and told him the boy stayed home with his mommy and daddy.

When I was a kid I remember having recurring nightmares about being split from or abandoned by my parents. Is this just normal or what!? My mom put me into full time daycare when I was 2 so I don't think it's an issue of staying home with the child vs daycare. I don't get it. How can I tell if he's having those same fears I had a child and how to I relieve them?

confused.gif

Mama Asheri

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.