balance bike - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-27-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I think we are going to get DD a balance bike for her 2nd birthday. It's not until Feb but I want to be on the lookout for sales. Do you have a brand you reccomend (or don't!) for little ones. She tried her friends bike and was able to move it along on her tiptoes which makes me think she'll be pretty close to ready come birthday time. Only problem is, his bike sells for close to $200! Yikes! Not going to happen. So we are looking for a bike that a shorter child can use and won't break the bank. Thanks for your input!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#2 of 5 Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 PM

I bought one from walmart.com for 30 bucks. Didn't see it in the stores but they have it online. I think its called the wee ride or something similar. I've been very happy with it.

#3 of 5 Old 11-27-2010, 02:32 PM

My Dad recently bought DS a Zum bike (I think from Costco) and its great.  Its made of wood too, which is a plus. DS is still a bit young to fully experience it but his playgroup friends love it.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#4 of 5 Old 11-27-2010, 06:10 PM

My ds had a Strider bike- and honestly though he's a pretty big and coordinated kid, he found it to be kind of hard to hold up the bike and ride it at 2.  He also has a Kiddi-o tricycle that was a hand-me-down from his sister- it has gotten a lot more riding than the strider in the last year.  The Kiddi-o is great in that it adjusts down to small enough for a 2 year old, but got large enough my oldest could still ride it at 6, before we handed it down to little brother, its a really well made trike, and the handle bars won't turn so far as to tip it over, like some trikes will. 

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#5 of 5 Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 PM

My ILs are getting DD this one for Christmas this year. There are a few other brands on Amazon for under $100.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Tags
Strider Prebike Balance Running Bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page