Another Poop & PL'ing thread (kind of TMI with poop talk) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is 26 months and doing fabulous with PL'ing for the past 2 weeks.  However we have a slight poop issue.  He will actually go on the toilet, he doesn't hesitate, not scared, nothing like that.  Howver, his BM's have decreased significantly since PL'ing.  In diapers, he would poop every day and sometimes 2 x a day.  Now, he is definitely NOT going every day at all.  He is getting constipated and Friday night he woke up coughing and coughing.  Then he started screaming and crying.  The poor kid had coughed and started pooping due to it but was so constipated the poop got stuck coming out!!! 

So I bought him some Miralax.  I only gave it to him once so far and it did the trick.  He drinks plenty of fluids, get a decent amount of fiber.  What else to do?  I do not want him relying on meds to have BM's forever!

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#2 of 3 Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Does he let you know when he has to go?  And if so, does he get anxious about it?

My daughter used to be a once or twice a day pooper.  She turned 2 about 3 weeks ago.  For the last month and a half, she's been peeing in the potty all the time, very few accidents, but gets very anxious about pooping, and sometimes is skipping a day here or there.  Sometimes she poops first thing in the morning after holding it and goes in her diaper even before I get her out of bed.  Sometimes during the day, she can't hold it, and tells us when she has to go.  It's hit or miss.  We try and put her on the potty, but she'll often refuse to go, and then we offer her a diaper knowing that might be easier for her, but sometimes she says no, and then ends up going in her underwear.

We don't make a big deal out of the pooping in the underwear and tell her its ok (because she gets upset), we act like the pooping in the diaper isn't anything of importance, but when she does go on the potty, we make a ridiculously big deal out of it.

That's probably not much advice, but I just think the pooping is so much harder for them, and it takes time.

#3 of 3 Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

He usually just goes in the bathroom by himself and then starts yelling for me.  Pees he can handle alone but "stinky" he needs mama help,lol.  But no, he does not get anxious at all, just needs wiping help.  I'm thinking he might be holding it in because it's time consuming?

Thanks for your view!  My kid is weird.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page