~*February '08 Mamas and Toddlers*~Winter thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Someone requested a new thread :)

Steven is growing by leaps and bounds. He's my little linebacker. I can hardly believe he'll be 3 in a few short months. We're *mostly* potty trained. He still has a few accidents where he starts to pee and then tells us he has to go.

As for the other kiddos: Austin started Pre-K this year. He started at this school in October and has already almost completed the Pre-K curriculum. His teacher wants to focus on trying to get him through the Kindergarten curriculum and get him passed that as well. He'll still have to do Kindergarten, but he'll have a headstart on everyone else.

Tristyn is 10 months old now. She crawls and pulls herself up onto her knees and is the life of the party. She's always smiling and waving her arms and chattering away to anyone who will listen. She's a tiny little thing. Much smaller than my boys have been. We were worried for awhile because she was around 8 months and still only 13-15 lbs. She's gained a significant amount of chub since then so I'm not too worried :)

And in even more fun news: Baby #4 is baking as I type :) I'm due in June and somewhere around 12/13 weeks along. A completely different pregnancy from any of my others. Still not sure *what* to make of it. I'm not planning on finding out the sex and may even avoid an ultrasound this time altogether.

Work is miserable. I'm ready to quit and hopefully will have the opportunity to soon.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Sarah Lynne! How exciting! A miracle is still a miracle even if it wasn't expected or planned.

I sure wish I'd had more kids, but I think I'm wrapping things up now; I'll be 46 in February and my donor was kind of rude during the last TTC attempt so it just doesn't seem worth it to keep trying.

My older kids are all grown and gone now, so Terran is essentially an only.

He was PL'd at home as long as he was nekkie-butt for the longest time, but then one day found a pair of undies, decided he wanted to wear them 24/7, and that was pretty much that. He had two accidents, one when I thought he didn't really have to go and was just curious about a particular skanky public bathroom I avoid and the other when his brother was blocking the way to the bathroom. I should qualify that with the fact that he can only poop standing up and privately, but he lets me know in plenty of time and can aim well enough to use a prefold on the floor and has never had a poop accident, so that's good enough for now. He was already dry through the night before the advent of undies.

Work is mostly nonexistent. I'm glad I have savings, experience living on the cheap, my "volunteer" (barter) job, and the occaisional odd jobs and  Etsy/craft fair sales and even more glad that I worked through infancy so I can stay home now, when he seems to need me so much more and the economy is worse.

We're mostly unschooling, but I'm not withholding answers to his many, many questions or the resources I have accumulated through the years with his siblings. I pulled out http://www.ballstickbird.com/ , which was the reading program that finally worked for Chris, to show him how all 26 letters can be formed from three basic shapes, and he was able to sound out a few words but is quite content to look for the letters he knows in environmental print and to draw the "letter bits".

Naps are a pleasant memory. I pretty much don't get "alone time" right now, but I'm cool with that because I know how temporary it is. We do okay with parallel activities where I sew or write and he plays imaginative games, so I still make most of Terran's clothes, some of my own, and a few to sell. When I reopen my Etsy store, it will also have some simple Waldorf toys and alternatives to disposable and/or plastic home items, but I have no idea when that will be.

We'll be going over to Christopher's for Christmas, a friend's for Hannukah,  and celebrating Solstice at a fairly large public gathering. I have a few gifts for Terran, but he doesn't need much. I could have made everything I bought, but then it wouldn't have been a surprise unless I got someone else to watch him while I made it, which I don't want to do.

We're still nursing and cosleeping and all that "crunchy" stuff.

Still no grandbabies, but I love being a "cyber auntie" to all the newest little ones. ;)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Great to hear from you NOS :) Glad to hear Terran and you are well. I'm sorry about your donor situation. Hopefully you will soon feel content with Terran being an "only." It's easier said than done, I know that much! I keep telling everyone adamently that this is our LAST baby, but I can't completely wrap my mind around not being able to reproduce :P It has me thinking about doing surrogacy in the next few years to help someone else have the blessing of a child (and all my favorite parts about making/growing babies!) without adding to our personal financial burden (and possibly contributing to alleviating it.)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM

Yay!!  Hi guys!  Congrats again Sarah Lynne!

Hard to believe we have almost 3 year olds!  James is a wonderful, sweet little guy.  We are expecting a new baby in the next couple of weeks and he's so excited.  He loves on my belly all the time.  He potty trained on his own a couple of months ago, I was thrilled!  He's even dry for naps and over night!  His speech is coming along, he's later than Grace was, but she was really early so I just have to keep reminding myself of that.  He is using sentences now and I understand most of what he says, so lots of progress! 

I hope others check in and give us updates!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM

. Ugh, what a rant. :( Sorry!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 12-28-2010, 06:49 PM

so glad to see this thread on here as it's been a very long time since i caught up with you mamas.  i am going to read up and then reply soon.  it's definitely hard to realize i have an almost 3 year old.  she's supposed to be the baby still!  haha.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.

User Tag List