totally PL when naked but pees in pants/diaper/underwear. And now I can't let her be naked because of a rash! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been so happy because DD is totally Potty Learned when naked on the bottom.  We've been having her wear long dresses or shirts in the house and she happily goes on the potty 100% of the time when she has nothing on on the bottom.  However I've tried having her in underwear or just pants with nothing on underneath and she goes in her pants 90% of the time that way. 

Now we have an added problem that she has been having a skin allergic reaction on her bottom and thighs and legs, which is very red and hurts her.  We think she's either allergic to the dog's bed (it's filled with cedar chips) or the wool rugs we have in the house.  She rolls on both of them and we can't keep her off.  Since we can't get rid of the dog's bed or our rugs, I've been having her wear pants with nothing on underneath and she is constantly peeing in them, barely ever using the potty anymore...What can I do?  Do I just put her back in her diapers until she gets older or should I keep on going like this?

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM

We're having the same problem...with no pants she's happy to go potty, but any sort of cloth on her bum she thinks she's got a diaper on.  She's 24 months and her brother started using the potty after a week long intensive potty learning week, but I just haven't been able to devote the time and energy to her intensively.  I just pop her back in a diaper if we're going out or if she's having a no no day.

~Lizzy

Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 PM

My ds did that for awhile too. But I never had in my mind that he would potty learn in a week/two weeks/ whatever. He was usually naked at home during the summer of his second birthday. So this helped with the potty learning, but he wasn't consistent about staying dry with clothes on (except at night, he was waking up dry) until later that fall. Also wasn't potty learned at daycare until closer to 2.5 yrs. I think with some children it just takes more time.

If I were you I would probably stick her back in a diaper until the rash clears up, that way you'll be able to verify that it actually is the dog bed or rugs.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

It is for sure the rug that's causing the rash.  Oh well. 

Well, I've tried underwear and cloth pull ups but she thinks they are diapers and she still pees in them sometimes.  I am currently just putting her in pants with nothing on underneath it, and she "gets it" now and is back to 100% on the potty indoors.  However I have to help her pull them down when she goes to the potty, otherwise she gets frantic cause she can't get them off or trips over the legs.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 12-10-2010, 10:05 AM

Dd was like this too.  We just went cold turkey and at first did just underwear.  When she'd have an accident, I'd rush her to the potty.  Day 1 was the worst, with no success whatsoever. Day 2 she was starting to get the hang of it but still wet in her undies most the time.  By day 3 she had more hits than misses and by day 5 she was completely potty trained.  I'd say it took between 2-3 more weeks until she didn't have any accidents at all.

User Tag List