Panicking Over Rash, What could it be???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2 year old has a rash all over his body from his cheeks to his knees, it happened like over night. We are racking our brains trying to figure it out. I really hope its not measles, he has had no cough, no fever, no runny nose. The only part that itches is his groin area were its really red and blotchy, every where else is just flesh colored bumps, unless he is running around than they turn red. He is a red head so just running down the hallway makes him look flush. The Internet has a gazillion causes for rashes I am just hoping one of you moms can share your experience if any of your toddlers experienced this. What it was? and if I should really freak out? Cause I am already really freaking out, he is so precious to me I can't stand not knowing whats wrong, please help if you canshake.gif

Mama to a crazy preschooler!nocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifselectivevax.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Fifth's Disease maybe?  Look it up on the internet and see if it looks similar. 

#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Did he have a fever at all the last couple of days? Earlier this summer, my son had a higher fever of around 103 for 3 days, which then went away and was followed by a bright red, very fine pointed rash all over his body. It was Roseola. I know typically that has a rash on limbs and truck as compared to groin, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

No fever, he has been pretty normal for the past two weeks, thats why the rash was so shocking. But the rash is going away and if it does not come back than it most have been "fifths disease" or somthing like that. Thanks

Mama to a crazy preschooler!nocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifselectivevax.gifhomeschool.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page