Novembabes '09 The Toddler Years - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-18-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello to everyone old and new! This is a group for those who had babies in November 2009 and are now entering the beginnings of the toddler years. Some of us have shared the experiences of bringing up babies and now hope to continue our journey as we learn about what the toddler years will bring. I hope many will join and we can learn, laugh and share as we go through this time together! Welcome to all!Welcome.gif

Tired Mommasleepytime.gif of Lukejog.gif (11/7/09) and Dillonbabyboy.gif(9/19/11)
Practicing:novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif  h20homebirth.gifwhale.gif and married to my DH Danielblowkiss.gif (6/3/06) Always remembering our angel babybrokenheart.gif (8/07)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! I'm excited that we're all entering a new stage with our LO's. DS sleep seems to be getting slightly better - his blocks of sleep are a little longer than they used to be, although he has been on strike with his naps.

So is anyone else getting the baby fever part 2? I'm starting to feel it but DH and I have talked about trying to move before getting pregnant again - we just don't have the room for another one where we are now. How are everyone's holiday plans going? I know it seems sad but we still haven't gotten our tree yet but at the same time I'm not that upset b/c I know it's going to be hard with DS - how are you all dealing with the trees and toddlers? Well can't wait to hear about everyone else! Take care!

Tired Mommasleepytime.gif of Lukejog.gif (11/7/09) and Dillonbabyboy.gif(9/19/11)
Practicing:novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif  h20homebirth.gifwhale.gif and married to my DH Danielblowkiss.gif (6/3/06) Always remembering our angel babybrokenheart.gif (8/07)

#3 of 13 Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 PM

We're doing well here. Ds has been such a mellow little guy, but he is now starting to vocalize his demands a bit more. Ohhh the screeching!! Usually it's to get a hold of one of the Wiggles VHS tapes which he loves. I posted recently about it becoming his "lovey".  He is so fun though! Although we're dealing with disrupted sleep at night again. It got better last month and now he's waking 3-4 times a night and crying awake. I'm wondering if he's working on another tooth, which is what happened a month ago. It was so much easier with ds1, who got 8 teeth within a month. Wham bam and it was done.

We got him a little Radio Flyer scoot about for his birthday and he has so much fun scooting forward and backward. He hasn't quite figured out the steering yet.

He's gotten less interested in eating lately. He's been on solids since about 8 months and he still eats but not as much and is sticking to his favorites. I'm hoping he will be more adventurous as I already get frustrated with his brother's picky eating.

Otherwise we're great. Staying home for the holidays this year. I enjoyed all the time I had for my baby moon last year (Dh took off 4 weeks. So when Thanksgiving hit this year I was ready for a LONG break. But now dh and ds are out of school as of today!!

#4 of 13 Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Hi mamas!
It's been a long time since I have posted, but I'm still here smile.gif magnolia is doing so good. She is walking and into everything! I definitely am ready for another, but we are going to wait 2.5 yrs while I go back to school. It is going to be so hard, but well worth the wait. We do have a tree, and mags has done really well with it. We don't have ornaments on the bottom half, so that is a big help. It has been so cold here. Keeping a toddler warm is a challenge in this old, drafty house. She has only had one cold so far, and seems to have a good immune system. No ear infections or other problems. We are still Breastfeeding, and she still plays with solids. She doesn't eat hardly any food. The child is a boobaholic smile.gif we babywear a lot, but the wrapping days are winding down. Cry. .... Buckle carriers seem to work best as she is up only for minutes at a time. So that's my update. I hope everyone is enjoying their LO and motherhood. Lots of love ***
Lauren

Lauren

bellycast.gif 

#5 of 13 Old 12-20-2010, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Luke has become very vocal as well - especially when he wants either DH's or my cell phone, he loves electronics! DS also got a radio flyer scooter for his birthday and LOVED it for about a month and now he's bored with it - he can get around real well without assistance, so I think he feels like it just gets in his way now. I am also ready for a long break, I don't think I'll really get much of one though b/c DH has been working out of town a lot so he gets home late a lot more now a daysirked.gif which makes my job a lot harder - I get burned out pretty easy here lately. Luke also had his first fever, almost 103 at one point, it was scary but at least now we've been over that hurdle. It lasted about 2-3 days and he's been much better recently, a whirlwind of energy! I think our baby wearing days are about at an end as well - I use our ergo for times where he just wants to be held and I have to do stuff around the house but other than that he just wants to be on the move.

So my question this time around is how do you balance naptime with getting out of the house? Luke doesn't take a nap every day and he doesn't have a consistent routine, he also gets up pretty late b/c he's gone down late the night before. So I'm trying to figure out how to balance getting him a nap without completely letting it consume our schedule and trying to get out to see other Mommas. Any thoughts? Well it was great to hear from some of you, TTFN!

#6 of 13 Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Hey! I was wondering when we were hopping over, I still bounce back and forth between babes and toddler forums.

We are not actively trying really (it is hard to since my cycles have been so long and wonky since having DS) but we aren't preventing either. Would love to be in a bigger house, but we could manage in the one we have.

Naps are unpredictable. If I need to go out, we go out, and Gabe will nap in the car on the way to and from. Thankfully he is a cheerful guy who can roll with the punches. Otherwise I think he is trying to cut down to 1 nap. I like him to get one predictable nap, like either go out in the morning or the afternoon, not all day, so he gets one good nap in there. But we really have more of a routine than a schedule.

He eats a good bit of solids, but still loves his boobies. I think we nurse about 4 times a day. He STTN mostly. I would really like him to be weaned by 18 months or so. It seems to be a window of opportunity that somethings can be eased away without much struggle or trauma (like binky's, blankeys, etc). That and I would like the boobs to get a little break before the next baby.

We have no decorations. No time to put them up and he would tear them down anyway. he's happily destructive.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#7 of 13 Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 AM

I haven't posted in a long time, but we are doing well.  DS started walking about 2 weeks ago.He is quite vocal, but no full words yet.  He loves dancing and banging on the drums. He likes most foods,but I can see how he is getting a bit more cautious around new foods and assertive at telling us which ones he likes best.

In the past month he has started sleeping longer at night (8pm-5am), but inconsistently, so he sometimes still wakes up at 2am. I stopped nursing him at night about 2 weeks ago when on his own slept through. Naps are a different story.  He has been having a hard time going down for one of his naps. My DH stays at home with him while I work FT and what he generally does is go out after the first nap (about 9:30am) and takes snack with him and get back by lunch time. 

He has had a cold last spring and just this past week he vomited several times on Friday. We do not know exactly what it was, but since he did not have a fever and did not get dehydrated he is now recovering.

We have been talking about TTC#2 very soon after DS was born, but more seriously for the past 5 months.DH is ready too, but he wants to get a job first, which makes sense, so that I can stay at home as we had planned with DS.

Hope everything is well with everyone else!

love,

-c

#8 of 13 Old 01-23-2011, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Wow it's been a while since we've had any activity - I wanted to pop on and share some news. And yes I was hoping to make the leap from Baby to Toddler forum if that's okay with everyone else. I definitely feel like the Mom of a toddler now. Luke gets into everything! He's definitely high energy like his Dad!

Well my news is that we just found out that I'm pregnant with #2 - wasn't really planned but hey we're still happy about it. I'm only concerned about how to factor that in with Luke, like weaning him off co-sleeping, weaning in general before the baby gets here and just the fact that our time together alone is limited. I knew it would come but Luke still feels like so much of a baby still. But again we are happy for this new little one. Anyone have any advice about preparing for #2? TIA!

#9 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 AM

No advice, but congrats, and me too! technically due 9/28, but since DS was 2 weeks "late" I fully expect this one to be an October baby.

He also gets into everything.

How is your pregnancy going so far? mine is good, symptoms are pretty mild, but definitely there. We could not hold it in as we were too excited, so nearly everyone knows already. I don't know that we were full on TTC, but we were not avoiding, either.

I think later in pregnancy when he can feel the baby move and such will really be when he will start to understand a bit more.

I think we are in the process of weaning, which is OK with me, I wouldn't mind a little break for the boobs between nurslings. My milk already seems to be decreasing, and I am not 5 weeks yet.

Gabe's favorite thing lately is to spin in circles, it is too cute!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#10 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Yay Congrats Katrina! You're due on my Mom's birthday. It's funny that we would have a September baby b/c both my Mom and Dad have September birthdays the 25th and 28th. My due date calculator says the 18th b/c we know the conception date but if I go from the date of my last period I get the 22nd so we'll see. But last time going from the date of conception Luke was born on his due date, the 7th -  so I'm thinkin' that's pretty accurate.

We haven't told anyone except our Midwife b/c I just told my DH yesterday. I actually found out while I was up in MD visiting my family and had to wait three days before I could tell him!!!! It was torture - waiting a day the last time was hard but this was awful - not to mention I was starting to feel the exhaustion and queasiness and had to try and hide it. Like you it hasn't been real bad yet though. I'm praying that this pregnancy is different in that sense. I lost 15 pounds in the first trimester last time.

We weren't actually TTC either, in fact we weren't planning on getting pregnant until later in the year - we want to move into a house, where we live now is too small for our growing family. But hey I guess we'll figure it out. My main concern is whether or not I should wean - he's not all that interested during the day but it's mainly how I get him to sleep at night and in the middle of the night. And I have no idea how that would work with a newborn in the mix. But I also don't want to deprive either of them. But also like you my milk is decreasing already is was before I found out I was pregnant. Don't they say that around 20 weeks pregnant you notice a significant drop in milk supply?

Oh and Luke is also spinning now - it's so funny to watch. I remember doing that when I was little I don't know if I started that early though, lol. Well congrats again Katrina, keep us updated on how you doing/feeling!

#11 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 PM

Hoping the sickness doesn't get to bad for either of us, but I do remind myself that it is usually a  good sign of a sticky bean.

some women nurse through out pregnancy without much notice in their supply, others dry up rather quickly. I think 20 weeks is just an average. I do want to wean - more to give myself a bit of a break - but am trying in the gentlest way possible  to wean. I don't ever refuse him, but sometimes, if it is close to a regular meal time, I do offer him solids first, and usually he is satisfied with that and doesn't want to nurse after. I have noticed the sessions trickling down in number and in length; he rarely falls asleep at the breast anymore, which is sort of sad.

Looking forward to seeing more of you in the september DDC - though I am present in both September and October, b/c September is more active and technically that is when I am due, October because that is when I think he will actually be born.

#12 of 13 Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone! It's been a little while so I thought we could use a bump, that and I posted a topic but didn't get any responses about what I need to know about flying with a toddler. So I thought maybe some of you had experienced flying and might be able to give me some advice. I will also be 6 months pregnant at the time but fortunately my hubby will be with us, so I'm not doing it alone. Aside from that, how is everyone doing? Any more Mamas pregnant? Katrina - How's your pregnancy going? Is the sickness over yet? Talk to you all later!flowersforyou.gif

#13 of 13 Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 AM

Jewel: never flown with a baby or while pregnant. I have friends that recently traveled to France with their newly turned 3 year old, and I think they sedated her (gave a dose of an allergy med the ped gave them) for part of the flight, because it is such a long one. Also I would think bringing lots of activities and snacks would be helpful.

Pregnancy is going well, never really been sick; just queasy sometimes. I am 14 weeks now, so out of the 1st trimester. it seems the world is exploding with babies and pregnancies at the moment, I am looking forward to actuallly looking pregnant.  didn't really with DS until I was 20 some odd weeks. so I have a ways to go yet for that.

How are you doing? I think you are a week or two ahead of me. (technically EDC is 9/28 for me, but DS was late, so anticipating an October baby)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page