cute thing of the day! (what did your toddler do?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD (14 months) started to push around her toy dump truck, while trying to make machine noises after watching the city waste management truck come by and take all the neighborhood's trash. she puts her blocks in and then makes it move a little, then makes another noise when she dumps them out! i think she tries to make a 'zzz' sound but ends up sounding like 'jijiji' LOL!

also we talk to her in L2, and everytime there is a "shi" sound it comes out like "chi!" ahhh i could go on for hours.

what did your toddler do to make you smile today???

#2 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM

DD (34 months) on the walk to school in the snow, I asked her where snow came from.  She said "it isn;t coming from the sky."  I asked why not, she said "the sky is for the birds."  So... the snow is getting out of the sky for the birds I asked?  yes she says, the sky is for birds, not for snow.

Nice explanation.

#3 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 AM

she didn't do it today, but over the holidays but it totally blew my mind and reminded me of what monkeys we are...

dd's 14 mos. and her pawpaw (grandpa) had some kind of rubix cube game toy that flashes lights and makes sounds, etc.  when you push buttons in the center of each side of the cube. 

little stink decided she liked the cube but her tiny fingers were too short to push the buttons, so she played with the cube for a minute.. then jumped up and grabbed a pen off a table and stuck it in there. 

that's right, my monkey made a tool!  and i was so proud and delighted.  lol.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#4 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM

DS (35 mons) did this on New Years Eve but I am still in awe over it. I was lying on the couch and DS came up to me and gently kissed my eye and said "Now you have love in your eye" :) Then the other day I was helping him in the bathroom and he kissed my breast and said "Now you have love in your boobie instead of nursies" and I said "Nursies is love" love.gif

I am so loving him and in awe of him lately he has developed into this sassy, loving, occasionally reasonable, sweet, mostly mellow joy of a boy! I am falling in deeper love with him daily and amazed at the capable little being he is  :)

Also another really cute thing he said. Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my DD's birth/death. I was telling DS the night before what we were going to do to celebrate his sister's birthday. I told him  we were going to take balloons to the hospital that DD was born at and he said "And are we going to hold on reallllyyyy tight to them?" in this sweet hopeful way. I think he remembered last year and releasing balloons to Sonja. We got him his own Mylar balloon to  keep, he released his balloon to his sister happily. 

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#5 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Maybe this is more spciey than sweet.

The other day I asked ds if he wanted to go to the grocery store with me. This is a task he normally loves. He looked at me and said, 'Eh. How about no."

This talking thing-I tell ya it is a double edged sword.

#6 of 21 Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 PM

not today but one of the loveliest things my DD has said to me was as I was drying myself after a bath, "mummy your all naked", 'yes darling I am' "mummy your so pretty"! what a wonderful little girl I have!

#7 of 21 Old 01-08-2011, 04:01 PM

This morning I gave DS a kiss and he said "Tank 'oo Mama!" I almost died. 

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#8 of 21 Old 01-08-2011, 04:05 PM

DS (2.5) picked up my jacket and some change and $5 fell out. In a very serious tone he said "Mom, you shouldn't keep money in your pocket!!" 

I said "where should I keep it?" Very matter-of-fact he replied "In your piggybank!!!" .....oh :)

#9 of 21 Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM

Oh my hell, all of these are so heartwarming and adorable. I cannot wait til my son can talk like this.

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#10 of 21 Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 AM

While DD (27 mo) was nursing on the sofa, we were looking into each others eyes and she was gently stroking my face. I was so full of love and awed by her gentle loving touch and the way she was looking at me. Then she grabbed my nose and yelled "HONK".
#11 of 21 Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 PM

This was a couple of weeks ago.  I have been so busy...but I think it is still worth mentioning.

DD was seriously whining about getting her scarf down from the hat tree.  When I went to retrieve it she screamed, "wait a minute. I want to get it myself."  So, I went to pick her up, but she recoiled.  She yelled, "No!" Then she relaxed and explained,  "I am just going to get my step stool, see?"  And, she got it and reached the scarf to pull it down. 

Then, she turned to me and calmly said in almost a scolding manner, "See?  I turned a bad mood into a good mood."

#12 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 PM

Well, her attempts at singing "nani tsukuro" in the rock, scissors, paper song is amusing, as is her rendition of the Inai Ba penguin song (which she'll sing and dance in the grocery store).

New today she modified the telephone song to fit with playing with ducks in the tub.

The telephone song is to the tune of "Are you sleeping?"

so normally (if the telephone number was 456-341-9823): 456, 456, 341,341, 9823,9823, that calls mom, that calls mom.

today it was "swimming duckies, swimming duckies, 34duck, 34duck, 982duck, 982duck, that calls duck, that calls duck"

#13 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemenope View Post

This was a couple of weeks ago.  I have been so busy...but I think it is still worth mentioning.

DD was seriously whining about getting her scarf down from the hat tree.  When I went to retrieve it she screamed, "wait a minute. I want to get it myself."  So, I went to pick her up, but she recoiled.  She yelled, "No!" Then she relaxed and explained,  "I am just going to get my step stool, see?"  And, she got it and reached the scarf to pull it down. 

Then, she turned to me and calmly said in almost a scolding manner, "See?  I turned a bad mood into a good mood."

That is utterly cool!

#14 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktreemama View Post

Maybe this is more spciey than sweet.

The other day I asked ds if he wanted to go to the grocery store with me. This is a task he normally loves. He looked at me and said, 'Eh. How about no."

This talking thing-I tell ya it is a double edged sword.

ROTFLMAO.gifDD will get exasperated and correct us "I'm NOT the ba-by, I name, hmmp" with a little flick of her head.

#15 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM

DS 18 months old- hears the neighbor dogs barking, points across the fence with wide-eyes and says, "Wooowooowooowooo!" in his best dog impression. When I say, Who is barking? He says, with confidence, "Coco." (and yes, that is the neighbors dog's name!) Amazing.

#16 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 05:28 PM

If I pretend to cry (in a fake, boo-hoo way), 17 mo DD will smile at me and say, "Baby?".

In the bath ("bubble?" she chirps), she will cover up her toes with a cup, and when you exclaim, Rowan, where are your toes?? she will wait a beat and then unveil them, with an "ah!"

Also she sometimes makes the sign for nursing in her sleep.

love.gif

Lea, mama to DD Rowan, 8/6/09
#17 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Aww... I love all these. I can't wait till DS (12 mo) is speaking more. Butterfly_mommy your story just completely made me melt away.
DS recently started saying uh-oh, which we associate with having something fall. Today he was dropping stuff off the couch and the high chair, and right before he would let go he'd go "uhoh" in anticipation. love.gif
Oh, and Pen_esque - LOL! lol.gif

sleepytime.gif
#18 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM

My little guy is 22 months....

We were walking outside this morning and out of nowhere he said "Happy!"

I looked back at him, surprised, and said "Are you happy?"

He looked at me with the cutest smile and said "Yeah."

<3

Mothering my sweet preschool boy luxlove.gif and my new arrival bfinfant.gif

#19 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM

i love these.

my little guy turned 2 january 18.

we've all been sick with this awful chest cold thing, so he's been especially snuggly. today he said, "Mommy, more snuggles. I feel warm." and put his head down on my lap.

i'm also 38 weeks pregnant and he loves, loves, loves talking to his little brother. "Talk baby Henny! (Henry)" he'll say. Today we were all lying in our bed as a sick, miserable family (me, DS, and DH) when my son put his hand on my belly and said "Dear Jesus, pray baby Henny. Amen." It pretty much made me cry, it was so sweet.

he says amazing things every day. i love this kid so much.

youngspiritmom likes this.

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
#20 of 21 Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leam811 View Post

Also she sometimes makes the sign for nursing in her sleep.

love.gif

So sweet!!

#21 of 21 Old 01-22-2011, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

A few weeks ago my 17mo started singing Twinkle, Twinkle while she falls asleep..  I used to sing it to her for months, then one day she started humming it back!  Now she sings it in her own 17mo kind of way.  :)

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page