Balance Bikes ~ Which one for 2 yr old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-12-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Which Balance bike did your 2 yr old enjoy.  I'm trying to decide between the Kazam Balance Bike and the Strider Balance Bike.  I really like the foot rest on the Kazam ,but wonder if it will be too big for a 2 yr old.  It looks like it is recommended for ages 3 -5??  Thanks for your help! 

#2 of 10 Old 02-12-2011, 02:18 PM

my DS1 has the Strider, we gave it to him on his 2nd birthday and he loves it.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#3 of 10 Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 PM

We have a kazam and depending on how big your little one is, it is probably too big. 

But we are shorties... my 15 month old is obsessed with it (he loves anything with wheels) but can't ride it independently.  But then again he is only 15 months and on the short side.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#4 of 10 Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 PM

My DS got a Strider for his 2nd birthday and it is perfect (he has been riding it for 6months now). He is gigantic (3T-4T clothes) and I still think it will fit him for a few more years. It is a very high quality product and boy can he FLY on it!
#5 of 10 Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM

We got DD a Strider for her 2nd birthday. On its lowest seat adjustment setting it fits her without issue, although she is fairly tall. She was not really into it this autumn, to be honest. I'm looking forward to trying it again in the spring.

Mama to DD : 09/08
#6 of 10 Old 02-13-2011, 09:34 PM

When I  got DS's strider a little over a year ago, it was the lowest possible rise of many I checked out.  It adjusts up pretty high too.

I don't know anything about the Kazam, but we really like the strider.  Both my then 2yo and now almost 5yo love it.

Tjej

#7 of 10 Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 AM

We just gave DS a Haro run bike for his second birthday in January (my husband is a bike freak, so he chose it...I guess Haro is a BMX company?).  It's actually a tiny bit closer to the ground than a Strider, just an inch.  Anyway, DS loves it and is happily puttering around the house on it, waiting for the snow and ice to go away.  It has a really low seat height, but can adjust up to like, a 5 year old size, so we hope he'll be able to use it for a long long time. The tires are made of a non-marking material, and that's really what made the Haro beat the Strider for us, considering he's going to be using it inside for about 3-4 more months til the snow is gone (we live in Upper Michigan).  So far, it's been well worth the money we had to scrape and save to get it for him...he gets a lot of pleasure from it and declares as he's riding around, "Hen-wee doin' GREAT on da bike!"    love.gif

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#8 of 10 Old 02-19-2011, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses.  Once your lo is able to lift feet up easily do they have the issue of where to put their feet?  That is the only down side I see to the strider.  Haurelia, I'll have to look into the Haro as I'm sure it will also get lots of inside use.  Did you read other brands would mark the floor up alot?

#9 of 10 Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 AM

My kids put their feet up on the bar that goes from the middle to the back wheel.  I don't know if you can visualize that, but they do have somewhere to put their feet.  Or they stick them out into the air. Or they use their feet as brakes on the tire...  :)

#10 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

How bout the Kinderbike Lafraud mini.  I see it has air filled tires and maybe easier steering.  Anyone have it and like it?

Tags
Strider Prebike Balance Running Bike

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page