Enjoying every moment in 2011 with our May 09 babies! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else going through a major growth spurt at 2?  Holy Hannah, DD is an eating machine!.  The past 2 or 3 weeks, I can't keep up with her!  By the time I finish cleaning up from making a snack she is asking for more!  She's a wonderfully healthy eater and at her Dr's appt last week she was right on track for her weight but I feel like if she keeps eating like this she's going to triple her size!

She had a playdate with a little friend today while I went to get some bloodwork done and my friend objected when I came bearing muffins, fruit and juice - I laughed and told her DD would eat her out of house and home if I didn't at least contribute to the morning's food!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM

The opposite.  *sigh*  She is SUCH a picky eater.  And what she will/won't eat changes constantly.  

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 06-04-2011, 03:30 PM

Katico & Major Mommy - I love the pictures!  Olivia has some of both - she can eat and eat and eat and we look at her tiny body and wonder WHERE is she putting it all?  Today for lunch she had 1/4 chicken breast, 4.5 ounces blueberry puree, 15 or so cherry tomatoes (cut in half), tortilla chips with hummus and avocado, plus about 4 ounces of milk.  We finally cut her off so we could go for a bike ride!  She's not usually hungry in the morning, so breakfast is a chore.  Last night we ate out and she had a kid's meal of spaghetti and meatball.  She ate the entire meatball, 1/2 of the plate of spaghetti (which she thought was LOADS of fun!), 8 ounces of apple juice, about 1/4 of the breadstick.  But then we went directly home and she ate a cornmeal muffin, 4 ounces of milk, and a fruit bar. 

MM - my Olivia loves to run too.  She seems to experience true, pure, delight when she is free of us and takes off running. S he also throws fits when we tell her not to run in the street.  It was the first time I saw her lay down, kick her legs, and pump her arms while she screamed. 

Olivia's words are coming, almost every day.  I put them on a spreadsheet to keep track and she has 61 words, and counts 1, 2.  She loves making cat and dog animal sounds and has just about the cutest meow I've ever heard.  She still naps, although complains sometimes.  She is still a nightowl too, not usually falling asleep until 10 or 1030.  However, I'm attaching a picture where she caught us off guard - she missed her nap, which explains her falling asleep at dinner around 8:15. she was holding her glass of milk when her head first nodded.  I saved the glass of milk, but her head continued as she drifted to sleep in front of our eyes.  And she has a Dora addiction!  Dora Dora Dora - clothes, books, doll, shoes, DVD. 

Backyard Pool Falling Asleep during dinner

Cheryl, mom to Olivia Grace (May 2009), Zackary James (Jun 2012)

both hypnobabies births

Old 06-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllynn View Post
And she has a Dora addiction!  Dora Dora Dora - clothes, books, doll, shoes, DVD. 

Falling Asleep during dinner

lol.gif  Love this!  

Lila has a major Curious George addiction (or, an "Oooh Oooh" addiction - she can't say George so she makes a monkey noise)  

She was an early talker - she was saying first words early but then just kind of stopped trying new ones for a LONG time and has been a very quiet toddler, with new words few and far between. Now they're pouring out of her!  This week our new words were Apple, Cool, ("cooo, mama!"  Adorable), Wheel, the letter G, and Quack  lol.gif  And all the words she used to use but stopped saying, have been pouring out as well.  So interesting!  I'm SO glad she is finally starting to chatter away, I can't wait to hear what she has to say!

We just found out that our baby on the way is another little girl and I am beyond excited that she will have a little sister.  And pretty excited to re-use her sweet clothes again - although, this will be a Fall/Winter baby so a lot of them might be wrong size to season!

We had sushi for suppe tonight.  The chef's sushi station was right by our table and they were all gaping at this tiny girl shoving a huge platter into her face, piece after piece.  It was hilarious.  Her favourite meal for sure!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 PM

Em's thing is Winnie the Pooh.  

Tonight when I was rocking her down for bed, she was singing the Winnie the Pooh song, lol.  Then talked some about an elephant (another obsession... elephants all day long).  Then said her first complete sentences!  She was just about asleep and says softly "Dog say woof woof woof.  Cat say meow meow.  Dog say woof woof.  Cow say moo.  Pig say oink oink.  Pig say oink oink." then falls asleep.  !!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY.  It has only been in the past week that she'll make animals sounds at all, she was never into that.  She's also doing lots of phrases... I was clipping her nails which she hates, halfway through she started saying "All done!  All done!"  hahaha.  When Ozzy fusses she says "don't cry, ah, don't cry."  She's started asking for particular foods/drinks.  Knows the alphabet and is counting to 10.  Especially ducks.  She loves her some ducks and so she has a whole lot of stuffed or bath ducks, she'll line them up, count them, and then clap for herself, lmao.  She's also real big on singing right now but more focus on the sounds than the actual words.  It really is more words every day, though, so exciting that she's finally starting to "converse."

Congrats on the little girl Katico!  Sisters are so awesome.  I have a sister about 2 years older, we have been best friends pretty much our whole lives.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 PM

How is everyone doing? It has been a long time since I heard anything from you guys? How are the pregnant mommas? How many of our LOs are potty-trained? Mine has barely started. Please post updates.

Today I had the cutest conversation with my daughter on waking up. Here it is word-to-word:

She woke up asking for water. I reached over sleepily and tried handing her a glass , while spilling a few drops on the bed-sheet.

She: Mommy, bed sheet is all wet.

Me; I know baby.

She: Why did you pour water all over it mommy.

Me: I didn't mean to baby....mumble mumble...

She(getting a bit agitated): You people pour water on the bed sheet.

Me: Who people baby?

She: Mommy, daddy, D uncle (my BIL)...all of you. Don't make it wet. (BTW my BIL never stepped foot in my bedroom ;-) )

These are the type of conversations I have with my daughter. Sometimes it is so hard to believe she is just over 2 yrs old. These days she goes to the playground and chatters away with other kids. Some of the other parents' have expressed astonishment over her verbal skills.

Lol hardly a dull moment with her...... she has also gotten into the "why mommy" phase. Although she does stop after a few "whys"

Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM

DSC_0498.JPG

27 months!

I was just thinking about this thread yesterday, thinking I should pop in and post!

Lila really wasn't a talker until she turned two, I think I mentioned that in a pp, but now?  holy cow!  The words and stories and jokes coming out of her are amazing!  She likes to crack jokes about eating hippos (?) and loves to tell everyone stories about what she did that day or cool things she has seen (a big crane, a parade, etc)

She's been reading and saying her alphabet for ages and ages but has since moved onto her numbers - she can count to 20 with a few missing that she can't say yet (i.e. thirteen), can count backwards from 10 and out of the blue has just started to recognize bigger number, i.e. 30, 50 etc.  So cool!!  I really don't spend time "teaching" her, I assumed she would just learn in her own time, and it's so neat to see how their brains pick things up and make connections!  She's obsessed with words now and can read and/or spell a handful of them on her own.  She also learned and can say all of her colours.  

As for potty training - I WISH!!  She loves her underwear and her potty, but isn't interested in actually using them yet.  She's happy to sit on them though.  I'm afraid I traumatized her with the big toilet though - she wanted to sit on it one day, before I got the little seats that fit on top.  Aaaand....even though I was holding her carefully, she fell in!  And now wants nothing to do with it.  She warns me every time I sit on it - "no fall, Mama..."  lol.gif  So, we'll see.  I need to work a bit harder on the whole thing, but I've been pregnant and tired, so...yknow....

We're having DD #2 in a couple of months, very exciting...but I am terribly sad that these are my last weeks and days with just my sweet girl and our family of three.  

Since I'm due late Oct/early Nov, I have already finished my xmas shopping (don't hate me...) but I feel like I still need one more thing for her...any ideas?  I got her some new art supplies (scissors, stickers, pipecleaners, colouring books etc), some new musical instruments for her collection, some wooden cars, some more knit play food, some books, some wooden numbers, some stocking stuffers.....which sounds like a lot but there isn't one big gift, you know?  What are you all thinking for your littles this year?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 AM

Wow - Lila looks so grown-up. And I am amazed that she can read/spell a few words. My daughter can just spell one word - her own name LOL and cannot read any words yet. She recognizes random alphabets (misses some) but that is all....

....and I am getting stressed about potty-training. I feel like she will be 3 before I know it and some pre-schools don't take non potty-trained children here so I am slightly stressed.

You are due in a few weeks , squeeeee!  We are trying.........................

I wonder what j-p-i has to write , our daughters share the same birthday. Ooh please write about your children - all of you.

ETA: Had to go to attend to my daughter. Anyway - and I want to see Kelly's Emma's pics...and her brother Oswyn. And Cheryl Lynn - please update us about Olivia.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Oh wow, I haven't updated in ages! I just got the update in my email and thought I'd pop on over! 

We are SO in the two year old phase. Oh the testing, and the wanting to do everything herself, which is pretty cute. Blessed_Mom, Olivia is like, 25% potty trained... I'm not too concerned about it because we just moved (we bought a house, yay!) and I don't want to push too many changes at once. She will go pee on her potty 100% of the time if she is naked. Otherwise she's totally uninterested in taking her diaper off, and if she wears underwear she pees in them about 50% of the time. We'll get there I guess!

She talks non-stop and is very verbal, although she is also very shy. She takes a long time to open up around people (not really a bad thing) but lots of people comment that she must not really talk yet. She's counting to 10, recognizes lots of letters and numbers (not in order... and doesn't say the alphabet) and she recognizes her name (she says, "me!")

We've been dealing with some acting out recently, and today in the car she tells me she has a boo boo and points in her mouth. I look in, and can see the top 2 2-year molars just starting to pop through! 

OH! Please someone tell me I'm not the only one with a 27 month old who doesn't nap? Like, she just doesn't. She weaned around 25 months and since then, no nap. We have "quiet time" each day, I have tried laying down with her, she was falling asleep in the car but now won't even do that. As I said, we moved about a month ago and that was a big change, but I miss the nap time! She also goes to bed around 8:30-9, falls asleep within 10-30 minutes and generally sleeps through the night so I can't really complain there. It's just... bizarre! I am a person who doesn't require a lot of sleep, maybe she's just like mama!

I know I mentioned ttc in one of my last posts, but we're back on hold now. DH is working full time and back in school, and I just am not sure I'm ready to do all the parenting when he's not here of a toddler and a newborn. Olivia wasn't the easiest baby in terms of sleep and fussiness, and we're having a lot of fun these days so I'm pretty content :) Who knows, the baby fever may strike again though ;)

I'll remember to post here more often, I miss you mamas!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Nope - my DD lost her nap two months back too and I am sad about it. It was my quiet time, my "me time" - sniffle. She naps once in a while - 40% of the time (I nurse her every day at the same time but she doesn't fall asleep most of the time).

I am glad to hear about Olivia. I kept wondering if you were preggers :-) because you had mentioned about trying to TTC.

Oh one more update about my DD. I posted long back that she just wouldn't recognize any colors? Since about 2 months she knows all her colors. There was a time I even wondered if she was color-blind LOL.....

Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Wow, been a while.

Em's another that said nothing until she was 2, and now just talks talks talks talks.  She knows the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, etc., and can spell her name and Ozzy.  The stuff she says is hilarious.  I love this age.  She's constantly acting out changing diapers with her dolls and stuffed animals.  She'll lay them down telling them "time to change diaper", then lift up their legs and say "Phew, stinky!  Stinky poop!"  Then pretend to wipe them, then says "Okay, stand up.  All done!"  Sometimes she surprises me with her memory... I've been dealing with ANOTHER frickin plugged duct (from Ozzy-- Em weaned at 14 mo.s).  Em was sitting beside me on the bed and kind of leaned against it, so I moved her and told her to be careful, mama has a boo boo there.  She looked at my boob, then looked at me, and said "Mama need diaper?"  [about three months ago, I had a plugged duct, and was doing hot compresses with disposable diapers-- take a (clean) one and fill it with really hot water, it stays warm forever and is great for plugged ducts.  At the time she was really interested in me doing this, I can't believe she remembered it]

She will "read" books (not actual reading,  just reciting from memory) and it is hysterical.  Her reading of "goodnight moon" I really need to get on video, just the inflections she uses, it cracks me up.  Also a big fan of Hungry Caterpillar (her favorite part being when she yells NOT HUNGRY ANYMORE!) and Where the Wild Things Are (I think I had to read that one about 20 times yesterday).  

We're not potty training yet.  I'm going to wait until she really wants to, just to make it easier.  I'm dealing with diapers anyway because of her little bro, so we don't have any reason to rush.

Naps-- she hasn't napped regularly since she was about 21 months old.  If she does nap, she's up all night, so I don't even try any more.  She sleeps 7 pm - 7 am.  Usually wakes up once or twice, but goes back down easy.  She's in her own room in her own bed now, although often if she wakes up early in the morning she'll hop in the "big bed" with us.  

She is definitely still a shy girl.  She won't make a peep around anyone until she is comfortable with them.  She's also very girly, which cracks me up because I was always a tomboy.  She's very into being "pretty" and wants to wear "pretty dresses" and wants me to comb her hair and wants bracelets.  I do not know where this comes from.

So, pics:

My beautiful girl--

023-4.jpg

024-3.jpg

022-3.jpg

019-5.jpg

At the playground:

028-1.jpg

029.jpg

Reading Goodnight Moon to Ozzy:

016-3.jpg

Jason says this one looks like she's flipping us the bird:

002-4.jpg

Trying on hats at the store

006-1.jpg

Yellow jacket, picking flowers in autumn-like morning weather the other day:

001-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 PM

haven't read the whole thread, but Wow! can you believe it's been so long? Maya is still bf'ing a few times per day, and is SO talkitive.... it's fun!

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Old 08-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Hey ladies. I haven't posted in a while (in fact you won't have a clue who I am since I'm posting in disguise, but I am friends with most of you on FB :p) DD3 is talkative, but you have to pay attention to understand. DD2 was slow to form her words well so I'm not too worried. Toilet training is going extremely well here. She drags us to the bathroom most of the time :p She loves to "read" to herself, but also loves to draw on EVERYTHING! I love the pics everyone is posting!!

Now expecting #4 in May, hence the new account. I'm wondering how long I can keep this pregnancy a secret. Hope my stomach will cooperate and stay mostly flatish for a few months!

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Hey, ladies.  I haven't been on here since DS was born, pretty much.  I've been in and out occasionally when I needed answers but that's it.  Great to see you all.  All of your "babies" are beautiful!

DS was originally being taken care of by my mom but then my dad got sick, suddenly paralyzed, and when he got out of the hospital last summer she couldn't take care of both so he's in daycare.  He loves it!  I was nervous about sending him somewhere but they're great.  No hesitation about cloth diapers either.  It's in DH's office building so that's easy.  It's great too because they take pictures of the kids all day long and email them to you.  So I made a photo album on My Publisher of his year in the toddlers.  You can really see how he grew through it because there were pictures from almost everyday he was there. What's the funniest thing I'm finding out is that he can do all kinds of stuff that he doesn't let on.  He can count to 15.  I had no clue until one day he did it, no help, nothing.  he knows all of his letters and the ABC song.  Had no clue!  He apparently can draw shapes because he brought home a picture of a train yesterday from "school" that he obviously drew but it looked like a train!  I have only seen him draw scribbles and swirl-like stuff.  He totally lets on like he doesn't know how to do stuff.  The stinker! 

We have all of our teeth and have for awhile.  He got his 2 year molars before he was 2!  Luckily teething was crazy easy for him.  Never a peep.  No sleepless nights. Nothing.  The next one is going to be awful just for payback.  LOL!

He talks, a lot.  He always has though.  He started with words pretty early and is on entire paragraphs now.  LOL!  My mom jokes that he's a boy and not so supposed to talk so much.  He started the "why mommy?" last week.  It's getting harder to satisfy him quickly.  Last week I could get maybe 3 now we're up to 5 or 6 before he's satisfied.  duh.gif   He knows all of his normal colors.  That was the first thing he really "knew" and now we're working on weird colors now like turquoise and fuchsia.  He was getting bored with red, blue, yellow. etc.  He knows them all in Spanish too.  He says everything, which is hilarious.  A little parrot.  No words scare him at all.  He knows all of his animal sounds and will tell you them if you ask in English or Spanish.  He's been able to do that for a looooong time though.  Since he was about 12 months.  He's just now getting over calling everything by the sound that it makes and using the actual name, which is good. 

He loves books.  We have tons of books and I find that  lot of the pictures I get from "school" are of him reading/with a book.  LOL!

His favorite thing in the world is trains followed closely by trucks and heavy machinery.  His trains are his prized possessions though.  He gets really upset when other kids try to touch them.  Oh boy!  And the only way I can easily get him to change his shirt at times is to have a/another train shirt to put on so he's quickly accumulating a wardrobe of train shirts.  But he'll settle for cars or trucks too.  He's so funny too because I was trying to teach him how to keep his spoon upright while eating yogurt a few months ago so I told him he didn't want to get it on his cars and get them dirty and it worked!  Then he went to school and told his teacher that while he was eating lunch.  LOL! 

But he's a very hyper, intense kid.  He's like both of my nieces in one.  I see very strong traits that one or the other has in him.  It's exhausting at times.

Tibris, we'll be in the same due date club again!  I'm April 30th so I'm jumping between April and May.  :) 

This is the book that he sleeps with everyday at school.  It ha a train in it.  :)

7-20-11 006.JPG

This is him reading the new train book they just got in their classroom.

8-18-11 005.JPG

And this is another one of his passions, riding bikes!

6-27-11 053.JPG

Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Love the pics!

And congrats on the new babies!

We are done done done... Ozzy just turned 1 yesterday, and I'm starting to feel a bit of "freedom" from babyhood... I'm back in school part-time and have so much going on, right now pregnancy would not be good for me.

Video of Emma "reading" Where the Wild Things Are, one of her favorites:  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXDdybGIRWM&feature=share

User Tag List