Enjoying every moment in 2011 with our May 09 babies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you ladies think? A thread to tide us over the whole year? or do you want to keep using last november's thread? orngtongue.gif

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#2 of 45 Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Good idea!

Subbing ....

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#3 of 45 Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM

Subbing too, great idea!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#4 of 45 Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 AM

I am here. No news to report except no aunt 'flo yet.Am getting anxious. Want to start TTC......

#5 of 45 Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 AM

I have an IUD in that I'm having removed at the end of March, we'll start TTC after that. It's funny, Olivia was not the easiest babe in the world, but toddlerhood has been surprisingly smooth (knock on wood). I think up until she was 15-16 months I was like "no way am I ready for another baby!", and then it was like a little lightswitch... and now I totally have baby fever!

Blessed_Mom, even though you haven't seen AF are you sure that you aren't ovulating yet? I understand that sometimes you can ovulate without seeing AF, especially when breastfeeding? I am sure that I have AF, although with an IUD it can be really irregular and light so it was hard to tell.

#6 of 45 Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

jpi - total opposite here. When she was a baby I was excited at the idea of having another. I think I can officially say she is my worst toddler yet! She's wonderful when she's wonderful, but she has the worst fits of them all! Or maybe mama brain just doesn't remember how terrible the other two were orngtongue.gif I've just signed up for races through may, I don't even want to think about getting pregnant right now. Too many things I want to do this year! I'm a little scared tho, my sisters and I usually get pregnant in pairs. I just found out one of my sisters is pregnant with twins! Hopefully the reason it's twins is to give the rest of us a break, the family is still going to get a pair of babies ROTFLMAO.gif

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#7 of 45 Old 02-18-2011, 04:35 AM

j-p-i the way I have heard about it is ...I will ovulate first and then a period HAS to happen to remove the "unwanted" egg some days later. Meaning yes I may ovulate and get pregnant during the very first ovulation but I don't think that all these months I have been ovulating. KWIM?

So far no period so no past ovulation but I may (please God) start ovulating anytime soon. However if I neither get pregnant nor have a period in the next 14-20 days then I haven't ovulated.

Am I right ladies?

#8 of 45 Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Haven't been around much lately--must be chasing the toddler!--but subbing to say hi to you all. No new baby on the way here yet; I think we'll shoot for around a 3-year spacing but that's up in the air depending on my mood. redface.gif

Blessed_Mom, I believe you're right; your period is your body removing the built up endometrial lining (what makes your uterus a cozy nest for your fertilized egg), so I'd think it'd be unlikely that you would ovulate and have no period, though the reverse is certainly possible. Often the first PP period is anovulatory too, I've heard, though not always. I've cycled since 9-10 mo. PP and am still nursing (including at night)--wish I could give my precocious fertility to you! hug2.gif

We're recovering still from a cross-country move to Boston and are ready for spring. It's hard to believe our babies are going on two already--eek!

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#9 of 45 Old 02-18-2011, 01:54 PM

I got my PP period back when Darcy was 18 months old. It's been more regular than it has in years. I have PCOS and don't usually ovulate at all, although I do have very light, very infrequent periods. But since my PP period, they've been heavy and every 5-6 weeks. I don't know if this means I'm ovulating or not. DH and I aren't using any birth control, but we're definitely not ready for another. Darcy is a pretty average toddler - a good mixture of sweetness, joy, and tantrums - but my nearly-4yo DS is out of control and is being evaluated for autism next week. Until we get some answers for him, I don't think I have it in me to have another baby. We're putting DS into a daycare for a day each week starting this week also, so that I have an opportunity to play with Darcy without having to deal with his meltdowns every few minutes.

Darcy had her first haircut this week. Unplanned. Not at the hairdresser. Done by a 3yo. She had a little fountain ponytail on the top of her head, and I was in the bedroom getting dressed when DS walked in holding her ponytail in his outstretched hands. I sobbed!!!! Silly, I know, it's only hair and it grows back, but she has the most adorable little ringlets and it's taken forever for her to grow hair.

I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#10 of 45 Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 PM

subbing

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#11 of 45 Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM

My babe was born on April 25 but since his due date was in May and I was in the May 2009 DDC, I'll sub.  They're at such a cute stage now.  DS is starting to have tantrums.  He gets on the floor when he can't have his way.

Anyone encouraging potty learning at this point?  We've got DS in underwear.  We'll see how it goes.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
#12 of 45 Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 AM

I wanted to start potty training but meanwhile my baby has the "works"( cold, cough, congestion, on and off fevers) and we have had to take a backseat on that.

She also lost a pound - which makes me so sad. It takes forever to add any weight on her. She is now 23.5 pounds. Poor babe.

#13 of 45 Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi, All!

We did a diaper free weekend about 3 weeks ago, just to see how much awareness he had, and he now tells us about 50% of the time before he poops & asks for the potty.  Still has no control or awareness of when he's going to pee, though, so we're still a ways off, I think.  We'll do a few more diaper free weekends in the next few months.  I wish we could just put him in underwear whenever we're home, but since we're in a fully carpeted apartment, it's not really practical right now.

So far, Luke has been such an easy baby & toddler--I fear the terrible twos are going to hit us badly, especially once we add a baby into the mix.  I'm really enjoying this age and all the cute, crazy things he says!  And it cracks me up that he refers to himself in the third person, usually as "Baby Guke."  love.gif

joy.gifLoving life with   geek.gifDH   biggrinbounce.gifDS1 (5/7/09) and   babyboy.gifDS2 (7/23/11)

#14 of 45 Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM

Whew, we've been busy.

No potty training here yet.  With two in diapers, I figure it would be more aggravation to potty train, than it would be to just keep changing her diapers.  

Em is still very quiet.  She has lots of words and will bring them out at random times, but she does NOT talk "on command" at all-- if you ask her something like "what is this?" or "what comes next?" she will literally press her lips together and refuse to speak.  And the words that she does use are completely random... she doesn't say anything related to eating/drinking, her diaper, or commands like "up" "down" "more" etc.  It's all just odd nouns and verbs that she picks up who knows where.  She's very into articles of clothing.  She'll talk about her socks all day long.  Also likes to poke everyone (especially her baby brother) in the face and name eyes, nose, etc.  Other than that, it is a scattering of words from "turtle" to "clock" to "outside", etc.  She has her own words for a couple things, like she calls Ozzy "Ah" and calls his pacifier a "Pwa", for whatever reason.  She knows her vowels.  I have no idea why.  I have never grouped those letters together as "vowels" to her, never told her about vowels, and never emphasized them.  If anything I'd more stressed "ABC".  But no, the only letters she will say and identify are A E I O U and Y.  This seriously baffles me, I reckon it must be coincidence, though.  Favorite word is still "no."  *sigh*

She's pretty quirky.  She has a tendency towards ritualizing/obsessive-compulsive, which I definitely do as well, I wonder if that is a genetic component or something that she's picked up from me.  She is way into cleaning, rotfl.  We got her a toy broom because she is so all about the broom and sweeping.  She'll rip up paper towels and throw the pieces on the floor and sweep them up, and then grab a dishcloth from the kitchen drawer and "scrub the floors" with it.  She is constantly scouting out random floor debris-- a leaf from outside, a stray piece of food, etc-- and bringing it to me.  

Still such a water baby.  Half the time the only way I can get dinner done, is to fill up the sink with some water, put her bath toys in it, and let her stand on a chair and play in the sink while I cook.  She will play in the tub for literally hours.  If I come in the bathroom while she's in the tub (usually her dad sits in there and reads a book while she plays) and ask him "is she ready to get out?" she'll start thrashing around "no no no no no no!"  I can't wait until this summer when we can go swimming.

It's so much fun playing with her now.  She's so imaginative with her play.  She's constantly "being a cat" and imitating our cats, following them around and doing everything they do (she does the hands/feet walk like Mowgli in the jungle book when he is with the elephants-- seriously funny stuff), clawing the carpet, etc.  She is in love with Duplo blocks, we spend a lot of time building houses, especially with lots of steps-- she'll march her toys up and down the steps muttering "steps steps steps" over and over again.  Way into painting now, too, been having fun with that.  She has her own "technique" with tempura paints where she'll glob the paint on the paper with the brush, then turn the brush over and use the other end to make lines in the paint-- it actually looks pretty cool, hahaha.

We're going a bit stir-crazy, though, and so ready for winter to end.  

Pics:

Duplo time--

030811017.jpg

030811014.jpg

Playing in a big cardboard box:

022411003.jpg

Artist--

030811003.jpg

ROTFL, she crawled up in my MIL's dog's cage--

022311012.jpg

Breakfast time with baby brother:

022311020.jpg

Sweeping--

022311015.jpg

022311013.jpg

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#15 of 45 Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Kelly, those pics are sooooo adorable!

My LO is recovering - from the cold and cough but still is very congested and throwing up pretty easily because of that.....

Not related to the babes but have all of you ladies stopped shedding hair? My PP shed is still ON and my hair has become so thin I have gone into a quasi-depression mode. Like all of a sudden I have woken up with a different landscape to my frontal hairline.

I am still nursing so I am supposed to expect this - right? OR no - you have all stopped shedding? Also...I don't have the "lots of new spiky hair coming in" happening yet. Maybe because my shed is not done with? Please shed some light everyone.

Thanks.

#16 of 45 Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Had to take Em to the ER Saturday night for croup.  Pretty scary.  She'd already woken up once and went back to sleep fine.  Then the second time, she was wheezing/gasping even when she was calm.  Tried steaming up the bathroom, walking around outside, still a lot of gasping for breath, and she had indrawing at the base of her neck every time she breathed, so I left my husband at home with Ozzy and took her in to the hospital.  We were there for three hours, fairly miserable time with all of the messing with her, including having to hold her while she was screaming and thrashing so that they could get the mask on her face for the mist treatment.  But, everyone was very nice, it straightened out her breathing, and after three hours we could go home.  I really could do without ever again having to rush my baby to the hospital at 1 am.  

#17 of 45 Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Kelly, that does sound scary!  We haven't had any hospital trips (or even urgent doctor's visits) yet and I'm not looking forward to it when it happens.  Hope Em's feeling better now!

Re-shedding: I never stopped and then I got pregnant and now, I'm not shedding *as much.*  I still am a little though, which is odd b/c when I was pregnant with Luke, I didn't shed at all.

joy.gifLoving life with   geek.gifDH   biggrinbounce.gifDS1 (5/7/09) and   babyboy.gifDS2 (7/23/11)

#18 of 45 Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Met my baby girl two years ago today, at 1:51 PM. Happy Birthday, Emma Lynne.

#19 of 45 Old 04-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Happy Birthday Em birthday.gif

#20 of 45 Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Hi Mamas,

My little guy was born in early May 09 and I thought this may be a good forum to post a couple questions:  How many of you have stopped nursing to sleep by now, and do you have any tips on gently getting them to fall asleep w/out breast (and w/out too much stress)?  It looks like I have to stop nursing him to sleep, even though he is very attached to it. We've nursed for every nap and every bedtime so far, but the problem is that I now have a night class twice a week, so he has been staying up too late those nights and getting over tired. Also, I'm expecting another baby in August and don't think I can be completely responsible for both children falling asleep for night and for naps. Although I am fine w/ tandem nursing.

BTW, anybody else have a situation where if your dh tries to help w/ bedtime, ds goes crazy, into uncontrollable hysterics? This is the case w/ us, and it really upsets my husband.

Okay thanks for any thoughts on this.

#21 of 45 Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 PM

I'm no help with the night nursing. We still nurse to bed/nap every time. DH put DS to sleep without nursing for the first time EVER a few weeks ago and I'm still amazed. 

I was so excited to see pics in this thread!! More May baby pics plz! Here is my little man Easter morning: 

5652405464_8c1a022f55_z.jpg

5651838023_9d1a2b2d14_z.jpg

5651832679_4dbf63e039_z.jpg

I can't believe they're almost 2!

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#22 of 45 Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Just popping in to say hello! My DD won't be 2 for another 5 weeks but I know we have some birthdays recently (and one today!) so happy birthday little ones! I cannot believe you are two. Sigh. Still nursing to sleep for naps and bed here as well. Although like Madalyn, I was out for a haircut recently and DH was able to get Olivia down for her nap without nursing. I couldn't believe it! No baby on the way just yet, we are in the process of looking at and possibly buying a house this summer, so we may wait until after that. I finally got my awful IUD out, and I will never get one again. It seemed fine at first, but now I see why people dislike them so much! Ugh.

#23 of 45 Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Hi All - I've been MIA for a long time and surprised no May birthday announcements here?

My Olivia turned two on May 9th.  I started wondering about a few things and thought I'd drop in to see if the topics were discussed here. 

As for folks asking weaning questions, my milk dried up when Olivia was 9 months old, so can't help with those questions.  We do travel about an hour away to purchase raw goat milk every six weeks or so, and store the gallons in our deep freeze. 

Here is my question - Olivia has figured out how to climb into her crib by climbing the toy chest next to it, then jumping on the railing and leaning forward until she lands in the crib - usually on her head!  I'm concerned she'll try to climb out by jumping on the railing and leaning out too.  So Toddler beds!  Anyone moved their baby to their own toddler bed yet?  And if so, how do you adjust to a toddler that may roam around the house while parents are sound asleep? 

She seems still slow with words but is finally repeating back to us the word we ask her to say, including computer and diaper.  However, she is very reluctant to initiate with words. 

She loves going outside and is very interested in picking out her own clothes.  She is all Dora all the time, including the clothes she wears.  She was given some Dora underwear which she loves wearing over her pants.  We don't let her go outside like that.

It's good to read everyone's updates and I love seeing the new pictures. 

IMG_5986.JPG

Cheryl, mom to Olivia Grace (May 2009), Zackary James (Jun 2012)

both hypnobabies births

#24 of 45 Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 AM

Em just this past week moved into her own bed in her own room.  We just have a twin-sized mattress on the floor.  She even slept TOTALLY through the night once this week!  Went to bed in her bed at 8 pm, woke up at 7 am.  I am floored.  But, yeah, she usually wakes up at least once, normally around 4 am, and comes in and get into bed with us.  We have a LOT of baby gates, so we just close the bathroom door, and gate off the kitchen, office, and living room.  So in the night she only has access to her room, our bedroom, and the hallway, all of which are baby-proofed.  She doesn't wander anyway, she just comes and climbs into the bed.  

Em is finally picking up LOTS of words.  Hundreds.  She can identify all of her letters and say all of them.  She can say all of her numbers, and usually can count up to six before getting mixed up.  And she's finally doing command words (before it was just random nouns that I don't even know where she got most of them) like "open" "down" etc.  She still doesn't ask "more" but she'll say "another"-- as in I was giving her peaches yesterday, and she'd snarf them down and then say "another peach.  another peach."  She has a few random phrases/sentences-- "shoes for the baby" being one of them, lmao, from when we went to get some new sandals for her-- she said "shoes for the baby" like a million times when we were in the store and still says it when she sees her shoes.  And "cow jumped over the moon" from Goodnight Moon.  She'll go through the whole book pointing out the picture of the cow jumping over the moon and saying it.  Also lots of two-word combinations.  Especially "ah stop" and "ah no!" (she calls her little brother Ozzy "ah", and he has developed a taste for pulling her hair and generally annoying her).  

Yesterday the kids and I were in the play room and I had to go pee. Ozzy is playing and seems distracted so I sneak off to the bathroom. Of course as soon as I start peeing (sorry for the TMI) he starts howling because he realized I'm gone. But then as soon as I'm leaving the bathroom, he suddenly stops crying. I peek in through the door, and Emma is sitting beside him giving him a hug, patting his back, and saying "shhhhh ah, shhhh ah."

I just about cried, it was the sweetest damn thing I've ever seen.  She's such a great little kid.  She's as tantrummy as a two-year-old, of course.  But she's pretty calm and sweet.  SO independent.  As soon as I set her down at the playground she just takes off.  Sometimes I wish I had a clingy child, I spend so much time running after her.  

She had a great birthday, very low-key, and my step-dad made her this BEAUTIFUL INCREDIBLE play kitchen.  I'll have to paste some pics.  

In general things are going well.  It's so exciting how much she's changing.  

OH, mother's day weekend we went to a Keller Williams kids show... she had a BLAST.  My mom took her up front and she just put her hands on the stage and stood there watching him for the longest time.  Then she came back to the blanket and danced with me :D

Pics from that:

013-2.jpg

019.jpg

The play kitchen:

002-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Fresh strawberries from our farmer's market... yummy

007-1.jpg

Driving her car at the playground :D

021-2.jpg

#25 of 45 Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 PM

Happy Birthday to all the birthday babies. My little girls' is on the 31st. She has blossomed so much the last few months.She speaks like a 3 year old now (not kidding!) and recites 4 nursery rhymes (ring-a-ringo roses, 1-2-buckle-my-shoe, twinkle twinkle and a fox and crow story my mom taught her (this she recites half-of. Example Once there ....(She says) ...was a crow. Sitting... (She says) ...on a tree.etc.)

Sometimes she makes me so proud I cry!

One thing though - for-the-life-of-me I am unable to make her understand colors. She is not color-blind - I have done enough tests on her (like I spread green leaves and red leaves and ask her to pick and she picks the right one each time. Her leggos she knows the difference of...) BUT when I try to teach the names of colors she just gets muddled up. I know she tries but beyond ALWAYS getting BLUE right she doesn't get the name of any other color right. What's with this? The other day I taught her colors for over half an hour and at the end of it she forgot her numbers. Not kidding. She recites from 1 - to -12 without missing and that day she kept getting colors in between. It scared me so much that I am giving it a rest but I am baffled!

Height - still a shorty 33". Weight 25.5 pounds. I would like to know how the other babies are doing with the height and weight? With my daughter being a very picky eater and me trying so hard to put pounds on her I always keep comparing , please forgive me. It just comes naturally to me.

Cherlylynn - Olivia has grown to be such a "looker". Quite the beauty.

Kelly - Emma has grown up soo much! Her pics are the cutest. AND - I.absolutely.want.that.little.kitchen. Want, want , want. it is gorgeous. Better than any commercial one I have checked out (and I have checked out quite a few because a kitchen is what we are presenting our daughter too).

Keep the posts coming ladies.

#26 of 45 Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Happy birthday, May -09 babies!

I haven't kept up with these threads in a long time, but I love seeing everyone's gorgeous babies (well, I guess they're not babies anymore, are they?!)

DS is soooo night and day different from DD at this age. He is go-go-go action all the time. All he wants to do is run. He is a stinker, destructive without even trying, but so sweet and social and lovable that I just want to eat up his fat little cheeks.

He just started developmental therapy due to his speech delay. It will eventually be speech therapy, but right now they're working on just getting him to imitate a wider variety of sounds, because he usually won't even imitate sounds or words. They're focusing on teaching us signs at the moment to help him communicate. He only says about 5 words on a regular basis, although he responds to directions just fine, and lets us know what he wants by pointing.

I feel kind of guilty for not asking for the referral sooner... DD was a really really early talker, so I just kind of figured he was average, and was kind of in denial for a while about how delayed his speech really was. It kind of drives me crazy that my mom seems to think he has a speech delay because I don't work with him/ talk to him enough; I'm raising him the same way I did DD, and she was speaking in sentences at this age. They're just two very different kids, with different strengths. I know that he's smart just like big sister, and I can't wait for him to develop the ability to tell us what's going on in his little head. smile.gif

As far as size goes, he is 36" and 32 pounds. Way bigger than DD at this age (she was something like 10%ile on her weight). He's obviously taking after DH's super tall mom and sisters. DH and I are both short, so it's kind of funny to think that he's going to tower over us one day. Babywearing has been out of the question for a long time, as my back just can't take it!

DH and I talk on and off about maybe having another child. I'm very happy with the two we have, but sometimes I think about a third.

Hope everyone is having a lovely spring! (or fall for any aussies)!

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#27 of 45 Old 05-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Kelly - that play kitchen is beautiful!  I'm sure it'll get a lot of use.

Blessed_mom - Olivia just had her 2 yr checkup and when I mentioned colors her Ped said that even 3 year olds have problems with colors.  so maybe colors is something that comes in later, even with so much other understanding.

Olivia weighed 26 lbs(40%) and 34 3/4" (73%). 

When the ped asked if she spoke 20 words, we both said more than that and Ped was surprised and asked if it was 50?  We didn't know so I've been writing down all the word she's using.  I'm not sure exactly what counts because when we ask her to say something she now finally repeats what we say.  She is also very erratic, saying the word one day and not the next.  anyway, I'm having fun tallying up all her words.  I do think we'll hit 50 but not 100 and no phrases, no rhymes at all, no alphabet, no counting.  She does do a shape puzzle, she's been doing that since January.  Her hair is finally getting long enough for a ponytail.  She is a lightening fast runner.  Last night our walk around the block, she pretty much ran the whole way and our block is 1/4 mile.  We had to jog several times to keep up with her, and she giggles almost the whole way.

Finally enough hair for a ponytail

Cheryl, mom to Olivia Grace (May 2009), Zackary James (Jun 2012)

both hypnobabies births

#28 of 45 Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Hi everyone!  I think I mostly lurked in our DDC and post-birth chat threads, but I thought I would chime in now!  DD was born May 1st 09 and I have been a SAHM ever since.  Now we`re 18 wks along with number 2!  So, I have had lots of time on MDC lately reading up on pregnancy etc and thought it would be nice to connect with those of you in the same stage as I am with DD.

So, what is going on with us.... We're waiting for a burst of talking - She has a huge vocabulary but isn't a big talker yet.  She has definitely accelerated her new words this past month though!  She has been obsessed with the alphabet for months and can sing her ABCs, pick out a few words, and write a few letters!  Her very favourite things to do are colour and paint, dress up and play out in the garden- she loves to get dirty!  We've dabbled in potty learning and she looooves to sit on it and wear her big girl undies....but just doesn't see the point in actually USING the potty shrug.gif.  Hopefully we can make some headway over the summer, before the baby comes along.  I want to get her into a big girl bed soon too, so that transition is out of the way.

I am loving every second of it.  

Here`s my sweet baby at 2!  (2!  How did that happen?)

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_1780.JPG

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#29 of 45 Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Love the pics!

I try to remember that she really is learning a "foreign language" right now... at an amazing pace... so it's totally understandable when she gets mixed up occasionally.  Colors came hard for a long time with us, after she was already identifying (and in some cases saying) all her letters and numbers, colors were still tough.  Don't know why, but it's interesting to hear that it's the same with others.  

And major_mama, I so understand the frustration of wanting to know what is going on in their heads, haha.  I know a couple kids not much older than Em who are in the complete-sentences conversation stage, and it makes me REALLY want Em to start talking like that... I just can't wait until she can really express herself-- it's going to be so fun.  

#30 of 45 Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 AM

Kelly, I love that kitchen too! That looks like so much fun!

Your boys and girls are beautiful, everyone! I love seeing all the pics and reading what they are up to!

Here is DS doing what he does best- running! I've been thinking of doing Couch to 5K, and last night as I chased DS around the yard, I realized that he is my very own personal trainer. I just need to start wearing a sports bra and better shoes while chasing him. Now if we could just get beyond the part where he throws himself to the ground screaming because I don't allow him to run into the road... ;-)

april-may 2011 005.jpg

I love his hair blowing in the wind in this picture... we'll probably cut it short soon, because it's getting pretty hot here and he's always sweaty.

april-may 2011 006.jpg

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page