Woudl you let your toddler wear footie pajamas to Target? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 190 Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Since when do we care about impressing the shoppers at Target?  Totally would not care.  I *do* tell my older kids getting dressed is a condition of leaving the house, but they're too big to be carried and made to ride in a cart.  At 2, footie jammies in Target are cute.  When it's your child who is barely 4 but has always been mistaken for at least a year older, or the 6 year old school-aged kid, it's time to teach some 'norms'  ;)

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#182 of 190 Old 03-09-2011, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What are the "norms"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_mama View Post

Since when do we care about impressing the shoppers at Target?  Totally would not care.  I *do* tell my older kids getting dressed is a condition of leaving the house, but they're too big to be carried and made to ride in a cart.  At 2, footie jammies in Target are cute.  When it's your child who is barely 4 but has always been mistaken for at least a year older, or the 6 year old school-aged kid, it's time to teach some 'norms'  ;)

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#183 of 190 Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom View Post

What are the "norms"?

The "norms" are those things that my DD turns her nose up at.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#184 of 190 Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM

biglaugh.gif

I have yet to figure out the norms and this message board just proves it as so many "norms" seem to be VERY abnormal to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post

The "norms" are those things that my DD turns her nose up at.

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#185 of 190 Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom View Post

biglaugh.gif

I have yet to figure out the norms and this message board just proves it as so many "norms" seem to be VERY abnormal to others.

That's because what the norms are is entirely dependent on the groups, culture, ideas, etc of the people you are with. The norms in the US are different from the norms in Canada. The norms in California are different from the norms in Texas. The norms in Harvard are different from the norms in Sing Sing. The norms in your family are different from the norms in my family.

That is why we often behave differently in public than we do in private, or at work.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#186 of 190 Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Plus the norms for different age groups are different.  If you're 19, in college and going to Wal-Mart at 3am clothes are weird and pjs are the norm.  Or at least the town I went to college in.  So I figure if college kids can get away with it so can my much cuter than college kid toddler lol.

obstruct livery vehicles

#187 of 190 Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post

No, that's a fun treat.. it's when you eat DINNER for breakfast that is the problem

(true story, my stepdad used to freak out about when I'd eat leftovers for breakfast because it wasn't a 'real' breakfast... although sometimes usually it was more healthy and balanced than his bowl of cereal... hehe)

Fixed that for you. =D

#188 of 190 Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM

ahahaha yeah... cept the days I just ate a big bowl of mashed taters... mmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post

Fixed that for you. =D

#189 of 190 Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I let my toddler wear his footies to Sunday School if that's the only thing he will put on.

I figure, it must be really important to him if he's getting all aggravated over it - and in twenty years, I'm not sure it will matter much!

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
#190 of 190 Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 PM

You sure do have two beautiful little girls!! 

Call me old fashioned, but I think there is a time and a place for PJ's in public....maybe if the child is ill and on the way to the doctors.  smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page