Sit n Stand Stroller? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have two toddlers close in age. While I do babywear, I am thinking of picking up a sit n' stand style stroller as another option as well. Anyone have any experience with these?  Suggestions of which one to consider? 

#2 of 9 Old 02-27-2011, 11:50 AM

2 Toddlers here too, 13 months and 28 months.No experience with sit&stand here. I can imagine though there will be arguments who gets to sit and who has to stand :)

We have a Phil&Teds-love it, mostly using the Radioflyer Wagon and a Mai Tie. Somehow it annoys me pushing an empty stroller because everyone wants to walk. Empty wagon is o.k. for some reason. That's just me. 

#3 of 9 Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder about that in a few months as well- the arguing that is.  We have a wagon, and I use it for outside walks and fun trips.  I mostly need the stroller (or may need it) for things like medical appointments which happen about 10 times a month for us. 

#4 of 9 Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM

We have the Baby Trend and it's OK.  We got it for our trip to Disney last fall.  My kids are 5 and 2 and they swap seats quite a bit - there is a little bench in the back and my kids usually sit on that rather than stand.  The storage is a pain in the butt to access.  I don't know if it'll matter to you, but the reason I liked the Baby Trend over the Joovy was that if we had an infant seat snapped in to the front, there's pretty much no room for the kid in the back to sit comfortably.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#5 of 9 Old 02-28-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacieD View Post

We have the Baby Trend and it's OK.  We got it for our trip to Disney last fall.  My kids are 5 and 2 and they swap seats quite a bit - there is a little bench in the back and my kids usually sit on that rather than stand.  The storage is a pain in the butt to access.  I don't know if it'll matter to you, but the reason I liked the Baby Trend over the Joovy was that if we had an infant seat snapped in to the front, there's pretty much no room for the kid in the back to sit comfortably.  

I've been looking at the Joovy sit n stands. I thought you could put the infant seat on the back, allowing the older kid to sit in the front. Am I wrong?

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#6 of 9 Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

I can see both of my kids being happier on the little bench as well. I think I'm hesitating because I just have no guarantee that we would use it a lot.  I generally use a stroller and use a carrier if I need them both contained, and that seems easy enough to me, I wonder if I would get a lot from having the option for them both to be in the stroller...

#7 of 9 Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 AM

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5246099&findingMethod=rr

i have this one. i really like it. but my 2 kids are now 3.5 and 17 months. the 3 YO likes the sit or stand option. sometimes she gets out to walk. i love it for when we are going a long way. the baby is too big for me to wear her for too long, and she likes to get out and play too. i dont use it very often, more in the summer since we live 10 blocks from the library. the basket underneath is kinda difficult but you get used to it. my baby still uses the carrier alot but she say "wheee" every time i put her in the stroller...

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#8 of 9 Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

I've been looking at the Joovy sit n stands. I thought you could put the infant seat on the back, allowing the older kid to sit in the front. Am I wrong?

I have no clue.  We didn't have ours when DS2 was a baby so we never used it with the bucket.  I know it snaps into the front seat because there's a special adapter to use.  If you go to this page - http://www.joovy.com/pages/carseat.htm  it shows the carseat in the front.  You can also see where the kid in the back wouldn't have a whole lot of room to sit comfortably.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#9 of 9 Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 AM

We have this one http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-2010-Pliko-Stroller-Kiwi/dp/B00307SUMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298980453&sr=8-1 and love it. It has a rear footboard for the older child to stand on, which is integrated in the stroller so you don't constantly walk into it like with the attachable ones.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page