almost 3 year old stubborn potty training! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

okay so i need some help plz!

my son will be 3 april 12th. and still has to have diapers, he went for a month with out except for nap and bedtime, and now hes not letting us know he has to go or go when when put him in the bathroom and its getting annoying. hes always having accidents or wants a diaper! and the thing that annoys me most is ill have him sit in the bathroom and try to go before i lay him down for his nap and he wont poop! then a few min after his diaper is on hell poop.. not once but twice cuz ill change him explain that he needs to tell me and all that, then a bit later he comes out agian poopy! idk what to do. i think his younger brother is going to be potty trained before him! i dont know what set him back, and i wanna take the diaper away in general except bed time but then im affraid hes going to poop all over his bed instead. any ideals? 

Full time student and stay at  home mom for my 2 awesomely cool boys, Merrik Orian 4-12-08, Asher Drake 10-11-09. They are my world!

#2 of 2 Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My thoughts based on my personal experience, would be to leave him be for now.

You don't want to be a battle of wills. DD#2 will be 3 in May and she's also not into potty training.

DD#1 wasn't either. I backed off DD#1 compleatly and she eventually just decided for herself she was ready. Sh e was 3 months shy of 3 when she just came down stairs in underpants a said "I don't need diapers anymore" (she was really vocal for her age) She never looked back.

DD#2 is a different child, now at the same age as DD#1 was she's just not interested. She'll go when she wants to, but refuses if I suggest it. It has to be her idea and I am ok with that. Better to let her take the lead.

We have the potty accessable, we have the seat for the big toilet, we allow her to explore them, she watched myself and even DD#1. Your DS, and my DD are still quiet young and its ok for them to not be ready yet. You'll know when he is. Keep offering, but don't push him. Make a huge deal when he does go though. Find his currency if you like, and use it as a reward, like a sticker or something. I never found anything that worked for either of my kids, they don't like candy, and are not that into stickers lol.

You might be suprised how interested he becomes when the pressure is off. HTH.

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page