S/O Shoes for narrow feet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know a lot of kids have very wide feet which can cause difficulties with shoe shopping, but surely I can't be the only one with a kid who has very narrow (but long) feet?! What are the best brands for these feet? I got a pair of Livie&Luca shoes & Pediped shoes off babysteals and when they arrived I couldn't believe how wide they were! Length they're okay, and I can tighten them up to a certain extent but they still don't really fit IYKWIM? Anyone know what else to try?

- C reading.gif + Tsuperhero.gif = DS 08/08 bouncy.gif  DD 02/12 angel.gif and D? praying.gif sometime around March 16/2014 

#2 of 8 Old 03-23-2011, 04:25 PM

I found Robeez tredz to be pretty narrow.  They were too narrow for my daughter's feet (and she had pretty normal (not wide) feet...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#3 of 8 Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Keds tend to run narrow, and I have even bought slim width once.  I've also had luck with certain styles of Stride Rite--the line used to be called "Toddler Tech", and they seemed to run narrow.  But my narrow footed one is a girl--so that might not be all that helpful ;)  Otherwise, I would try Stride Rite's website in hopes they have narrow widths online that they don't carry in stores. I think New Balance sneakers also come in widths.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 8 Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Toms! We are some narrow feet people around here and they are great!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#5 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I got quite excited about the Robeez, but from their website DS has already outgrown them - he's headed into size 9 for this summer. I have no idea if I can find Keds in Canada, I'll have to poke around. That leaves Stride Rites, sigh, which are about $50-60 a pair here (ouch!).

MaryElizabeth, does Tom's have shoes for kids too? The website I found only had mens' and womens' shoes.

- C reading.gif + Tsuperhero.gif = DS 08/08 bouncy.gif  DD 02/12 angel.gif and D? praying.gif sometime around March 16/2014 

#6 of 8 Old 03-26-2011, 03:05 PM

Soft-Star shoes are my all time favorite shoe for DS right now.  They are handmade and come in narrow width. They are also made in the US with no plant based dyes, formaldehyde free leather and they even use green power.  They have vegan shoes too.    LOVE EM!!!

#7 of 8 Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post

Soft-Star shoes are my all time favorite shoe for DS right now.  They are handmade and come in narrow width. They are also made in the US with no plant based dyes, formaldehyde free leather and they even use green power.  They have vegan shoes too.    LOVE EM!!!

Can't say enough good thing about soft star shoes!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#8 of 8 Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh yeah they do!   www.toms.com    has a section called tiny toms and they even come in half sizes. they are my favorite kids shoe. we get stopped everywhere and people gush over them. plus... they actually fit my DD's long super skinny feet!

http://www.toms.com/youth/tiny?view=all 

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page