Suggestions for a great umbrella stoller - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-03-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in the market for an umbrella stroller and would love all of your suggestions. I would like it to be comfortable for my child and have good storage.

Thanks!

#2 of 11 Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM

I recently got a Chicco Liteway stroller and I really like it.  It's tall enough that I don't feel all hunched over while we walk, yet it fold down like an umbrella stroller.  It's a bit big, even folded, but it's still way better that the travel system we had.  It's smooth while we walk, seems comfy and I like the handles.  I tried several and it was the only one where I didn't kick the wheels. 

#3 of 11 Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Maclaren! I really love mine, I have a double and a single. The single can really hold a larger child and push easily which many of the others do not. The double seats are a bit smaller but still work well. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#4 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM

This is why I love AMAZON so much! you can find great reviews on almost all products and they are usually accurate. 

The First Years Jet Stroller - This one has 200 reviews and 4 out of 5 Stars.

First Years Ignite Stroller This one has 163 reviews but its 4.5 starts out of 5 and looks more comfortable. 

I have one of the cheap Babies R Us strollers that was like 20 bucks and I'd rather get one of the ones above. They look 10x more comfortable.

#5 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM

I love my Uppa Baby G-lite (their G-lux also is great). Super light weight, good storage basket, stands on its own folded up (which I can do one handed holding a baby), shoulder strap for carrying folded. Handles like a dream.

I love their customer service too. You call, a real person in their main office picks up and solves your problem.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#6 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 06:35 PM

We have that First Years Ignite stroller.  We like it. It is light. Reclines. Folds easily. The basket isnt bad for an umbrella stroller. It was inexpensive. The handles are long enough you dont kick the wheels or have to push bent over. We have had it almost a year and it is going strong. And we are hard on strollers. The best $60 Ive spent on a stroller.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#7 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM

I have the Maclaren "Volo" stroller, and it's pretty sweet.  Nothing too fancy about it, but I've been using it for 2 1/2 years and it's got no signs of wear.  It's got a handy shoulder strap for carrying it once it's folded.  It's got a little mesh basket underneath, and a rain cover.  Basically, everything I need in a stroller, but handily umbrella-ified.  The only downside I can see is that it's a bit pricey, and it's a little bit annoying to fold up (though very easy to unfold).  But really, I love the thing.  Great stroller.

I'm Scott, acd.gif  fuzmalesling.gif  treehugger.gif  part-time classical musician and stay-at-home dad, with two beautiful girls, born March 2008 and May 2010.
#8 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your advice!

#9 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM

I second the Maclaren recommendation (the basic models include the Volo and Triumph).  These strollers are incredibly durable, comfortable for both the child and parent (to push) and very travel friendly.

Libby blahblah.gif, momma to my precious little girl (6/29/07) 
                        and wonderful little man (12/1/10)

#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I second Uppa Baby.  I have the G-lux.  Handles like a dream.  Super light.  Easy to fold and carry.  Love it!

treehugger.gifgoorganic.jpggd.giftriadadopt.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#11 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

Maclaren! I really love mine, I have a double and a single.

Which model is the single?

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page