Potty Learning Tribe! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  6  7 8 
Life with a Toddler > Potty Learning Tribe!
Blessed_Mom's Avatar Blessed_Mom 07:03 PM 07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wennerk View Post

Do you have a diaper sprayer for the toilet?  That's what I've had all along for cding and that's what I use for the poop.  I dump, flush, then use the lesser water pressure to spray out the cup. 

What is a diaper sprayer? Is it an attachment for the faucet? Or something that you buy in a bottle? When you write you "dump, flush..." How do you dump?

Thanks.

bentlaj11's Avatar bentlaj11 01:17 PM 07-13-2011

Funny story today... I braved no diaper for a trip out (workout w/DS and then a trip to the store). I asked mulitple times when we got to where we worked out, after and when we got to the store. Of course he said "no" each time. Well, I had the thought that I should just try and take him when we got to the store, but I was wearing him and decided to mess w/it... I felt something nice and warm on my back when we are almost done at the store, and I go "uh-oh". I hear this little voice in my ear go "I pee-pee". I just about died laughing. We hurried to the truck and changed his clothes. Now I know to also bring a clean shirt for me :)

Blessed-Mom, a diaper sprayer (at least the one I have) is just a hose/spray nozzle (kind of like some sinks have) that attaches to the water valve of the toliet. DH hooked it up for me, but I don't think it required any tools or anything. It makes cleaning poop out of both diapers and pottys easier. Also, I let DS dump his own out in the toliet. He watched me do it and decided he would like to do it... he's only made a mess a couple of times (accidentally dumped it on his hand) which really suprises me!

wennerk's Avatar wennerk 06:16 PM 07-13-2011

Blessed Mom, like bentlaj11 described, that's what I meant by a diaper sprayer. As far as dumping, my DD also does it now.  I was a little nervous with her dumping poo, but she did just fine.  She's been dumping her pee on a fairly regular basis.  I lift the toilet seat, she turns the cup upside down, lets it all fall out, flushes, then hands it to me to rinse.  So far, we haven't had any messes.  The last poo dump led to an interesting little toddler talk, "Big poo, little poo" as she pointed to each in the cup.  Hey, at least she knows those opposites! :)

goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 07:41 AM 07-14-2011

My LO likes to dump his in the big potty too.  No messes yet. 

How are you all handling night time?  We have not braved that one yet.  Sorry if I missed someone writing about it. 

bentlaj11....  that is funny!  Been there for sure!  We have gone out quite a bit with out a diaper on, thankfully it is nice out, been wearing surf shorts.  Easier to rinse and dry. 

redkitchenette's Avatar redkitchenette 08:18 AM 07-18-2011

So happy to have found this thread! My 24 month old DD has been out of diapers for a little over a month now. She goes on the potty all of the time when it's just her and me at home, when we're out and about together, and when she's spending time with her grandparents (which is usually just a few hours). When Daddy is home, it's another story. She seems to sort of lose focus and wait until she is peeing on herself to let us know that she needs to go. When it's just the two of us home, she usually doesn't even tell me she has to go, she just goes to her potty on her own. Anybody have any ideas about why the change is so drastic when her dad is home? I'm trying to think of differences in our parenting styles that might be a factor:

1. I tend to not make a big deal when she uses the potty chair. He tends to do a lot of praising and high-fiving when she goes on the potty.

2. I generally let natural consequences be there own teacher. If she has an accident I don't react emotionally and don't make a big deal of it. She has to get a rag and clean it up and help me mop up after, and she has to stay in her wet undies for a few minutes while we find her something else to wear. He demonstrates his disappointment by tone and manner (usually in speaking to me, not directly to her, but in front of her) and cleans the mess himself.

3. I expect her to do more for herself in general, and when she asks for help with a specific task I try to help her accomplish it instead of taking over myself (e.g. explaining step by step how to get down from a taller chair than she's used to and standing close by while she tries and only stepping in if she might hurt herself or gets overly frustrated). He tends to do things for her preemptively because it takes less time.

Any thoughts or ideas for addressing this?

SkyTower's Avatar SkyTower 01:24 PM 07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkitchenette View Post

So happy to have found this thread! My 24 month old DD has been out of diapers for a little over a month now. She goes on the potty all of the time when it's just her and me at home, when we're out and about together, and when she's spending time with her grandparents (which is usually just a few hours). When Daddy is home, it's another story. She seems to sort of lose focus and wait until she is peeing on herself to let us know that she needs to go. When it's just the two of us home, she usually doesn't even tell me she has to go, she just goes to her potty on her own. Anybody have any ideas about why the change is so drastic when her dad is home? I'm trying to think of differences in our parenting styles that might be a factor:

1. I tend to not make a big deal when she uses the potty chair. He tends to do a lot of praising and high-fiving when she goes on the potty.

2. I generally let natural consequences be there own teacher. If she has an accident I don't react emotionally and don't make a big deal of it. She has to get a rag and clean it up and help me mop up after, and she has to stay in her wet undies for a few minutes while we find her something else to wear. He demonstrates his disappointment by tone and manner (usually in speaking to me, not directly to her, but in front of her) and cleans the mess himself.

3. I expect her to do more for herself in general, and when she asks for help with a specific task I try to help her accomplish it instead of taking over myself (e.g. explaining step by step how to get down from a taller chair than she's used to and standing close by while she tries and only stepping in if she might hurt herself or gets overly frustrated). He tends to do things for her preemptively because it takes less time.

Any thoughts or ideas for addressing this?

Talk to your husband.  It may be that his approach is putting too much pressure on her, and it is clearly not working to motivate her to use the potty.  She is probably too busy worrying about disappointing him to worry about going potty.  You guys need to be on the same page.

Cprem's Avatar Cprem 03:15 PM 07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wennerk View Post

Don't worry about your DD's age.  My daughter was 30 months when I started to make the potty learning push.  She's now 31 months.  When we first started, I had been building up to the day that there would be no more diapers.  On that day, she and I both packed away all the cloth diapers (save the ones I use for only nighttime).  That was June 17th.  It took until last Saturday (July 9) to actually get her using the potty on a consistent basis.  I tried putting her on the potty (she fussed).  I tried bribing (it didn't matter).  I tried reading potty books (she listened).  I tried naked time (she fought me).  I tried showing her YouTube videos of other kids (she liked those, but it didn't convince her right away).  You name it, I've probably done it.  But, I simply stuck to the fact that the diapers were gone, so when she had to go she either had an accident or went on the potty.  Yes, I had lots of laundry to do the first few weeks.  I also carried two changes of clothes and two small cds in the diaper bag every time we went out.  I also put her in Bummis training pants every time we went somewhere.  She did hold it for 6-8 hours at a time.  And then, finally, I stopped pushing and just casually always had the potty nearby.  When I saw her about to go, I put her on it.  Then she started using it by herself.  Since Saturday, we haven't had an accident and she's been wearing regular underwear when we go out.  Whatever you do, stay consistent and committed to it.  You'll feel like it's not working, but one day it will.  Good luck!

I'm tempted to do this and good to know others have had their kids hold their pee for so long. I guess I should just let her hold it and decide on her own (I always give out before her and put a diaper on her). I just don't know what I would do if she pooped her pants when we were out and about. Guess it is a fear of mine. Also I don't care if she pees on the floor, but poop on the carpet is something I'm trying to avoid wink1.gif. Guess I have to get brave cause my 30 month old is just fine staying in diapers forever right now....

wennerk's Avatar wennerk 06:30 PM 07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprem View Post

I'm tempted to do this and good to know others have had their kids hold their pee for so long. I guess I should just let her hold it and decide on her own (I always give out before her and put a diaper on her). I just don't know what I would do if she pooped her pants when we were out and about. Guess it is a fear of mine. Also I don't care if she pees on the floor, but poop on the carpet is something I'm trying to avoid wink1.gif. Guess I have to get brave cause my 30 month old is just fine staying in diapers forever right now....

My DH has a big hang-up about germs and things, so he wasn't wild about when she pooed on the carpet one time.  But, it was easy enough to pick up and clean up and I just ignored his complaints.  She also pooed in her training pants when we were an hour away from home one day sitting in a restaurant with a teeny tiny closet of a bathroom.  The hardest part was getting her out of the training pants without losing the poo out the leg opening or getting it all over her.  My training pants didn't have snaps.  Maybe that would have made it easier?  But once that was completed, I just dumped, wiped, redressed her and went about the day.  Once again, good luck!  And go for it! :)

Everrgreen's Avatar Everrgreen 06:41 AM 07-19-2011

cprem - when my ds was potty learning I had him in little boxers and they would hold the poop in.  Gross to clean up, but better than on the floor!  Also, my son has had diarrhea while at a grocery store.. and another incident of vomiting at a grocery store.  It sucks but we managed - just keep a change of clothes and wipes in the car!

My son is another one who doesn't respond well to me telling him it's time to go.  But, he is very good at telling me when he needs to go.  Some days I'm amazed how long he can hold it for!  But he hasn't had an accident in close to 2 months (with the exception of a couple days of diarrhea.. but that wasn't his fault)

goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 09:06 AM 07-19-2011

I just had to add..

This last week our son has started standing while peeing (at his pottys-- has always when outside).  It is so hard not to crack a giggle... such a little man. 

4Marmalade's Avatar 4Marmalade 12:16 PM 07-19-2011

I have a bit of an update in that my ds has now started peeing on the toilet.  Thank goodness!  He's just over 3 years old.  We went cold turkey with the diapers and he hasn't had an accident since the day he first went on the toilet.  His twin sister has been consistently peeing on the toilet for a couple of months now.  It's funny how the diaper bag went from being pretty light to being completely full once we went diaper free.  I have a couple of plastic bags, a big towel, wipes, changes of clothes, etc...  Knock on wood, we haven't had an accident out in public yet.

I do wish I could get them to poop on the toilet.  They both know when they're just starting to poop but if I catch them they refuse to go to the toilet.  It's such a mess cleaning up poop from underwear (any tips on that?).  Not to mention I had a babysitter here yesterday and I felt really bad for her because she's only 13 and had to deal with poopy underwear because they refuse to wear diapers.  Ds can be quite a messy pooper.  She's coming again tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do.

jessaroo's Avatar jessaroo 01:03 PM 07-21-2011

I am glad to have found this thread.  My ds is 2 1/2.  For a while he was eager and proud to try to sit on the potty.  More recently he refuses to sit on the potty.  He will tell me when he pees or poops and I can change him right away.  If i mention the potty is adamantly refuses.  So i do not bring it up.  I am wondering when I can bring it up without creating resistance.  Would the potty doll help and other books?

Thanks

briannas auntie's Avatar briannas auntie 01:06 AM 07-22-2011

I will definetly join!  I watch my 2 year old neice, Brianna 3 times a week while my sister is at work, and we are having a lot of trouble with potty training.  Brianna will go in her Pull-Ups, and then tell us that she has to go potty.  Of course, she doesn't go, because she already went in the pull-ups.  Its getting frustrating!  I have even tried telling her that Dora the Explorer (the character on her Pull-Ups) doesn't like getting wet or messy, because she can't go exploring well that way, but it hasn't helped. 

That, and Brianna get very upset if you try to help her clean herself up after she has messed in her Pull-Ups.  My sister told me that she thinks it stems from when Brianna was raped and molested by her father earlier this year, but it gets upsetting when she cries, bites, and hits me when I try to clean her up.  I don't want her to get an infection. 

Who knew potty training would be so tough! 

Jessie

lindsayinnc's Avatar lindsayinnc 12:17 PM 07-22-2011

How awful for her!  I wonder if you could help teach her to clean herself so she felt a little more control over the situation?  

We try every hour or so on the potty.  It is going well.  We do best at home in cotton training pants.  

I will put a pull-up on in the car or when we are out and I think it has slowed down our progress.  I was trying with training pants out and in the car and we were having too many accidents.  

Maybe try some training pants so she can feel the wetness when she has an accident?

mamabelle's Avatar mamabelle 10:30 AM 07-25-2011

SO happy to find this thread!  My 23-month-old son first showed interest in the potty at about 18 months.  We bought him a little potty and he would sit on it with his clothes on while his dad or I went potty and he would ask questions.  He didn’t want to try it without his clothes and we didn’t push him.  The books I checked out from the library all stressed waiting until at least 27 months for boys and to make sure that they are totally ready and the push isn’t coming from the parent.  Most of my peers concurred that he wouldn’t be ready until 2.5years.  I want to support his curiosity, and encourage him to get out of diapers as soon as he’s ready (I don’t want to hold him back because of some predetermined age schedule), but don’t want to pressure him or give him any hangups or setbacks.  We are expecting baby #2 in November also so I’ve been concerned about focusing on potty learning before vs. after new baby.

THEN, on Friday evening he insisted on sitting on his potty to poop.  Caught me totally off guard and successfully peed and pooped in the potty.  He was pretty excited about it and checked it out before dumping it in the big potty and flushing.  Since then he’s gone about twice a day in his potty and gets a big kick out of high fiving afterwards and emptying his potty.  I ask him very occasionally if he wants to sit on his potty and don’t push him when he says no.

He’s in daycare Mon-Thurs and they are very supportive with whatever the parents are trying to do (ie- let child decide to sit on potty or put them on the potty on a schedule, rewards, no diapers vs sometimes diapers, etc).  I’m wondering if you mamas think it would be good to try putting him in training underwear for a week or so to see how he does (he’s pretty excited about the concept of underwear and has been checking all of mine out), and really immerse ourselves in potty learning (read books with him, focus our days on using the potty, etc) or keep him in diapers and just offer the potty seat occasionally and encourage him when he asks to use it until after baby #2 arrives and he’s closer to 2.5? Thanks for any insight.

mommy212's Avatar mommy212 04:34 PM 07-25-2011

I am going to be starting soon, but haven't yet with my 21-month old. Looking for some experience here! Thinking I can use my old cloth diaper covers (thirsties) as liners- any BTDT? I want to buy the chamber pot from the nova naturals catalog, but am also considering the toilet seat option for the convenience. So far our only progess has been that he can say 'bathroom' :)

Greenlea's Avatar Greenlea 08:46 AM 07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannas auntie View Post

I will definetly join!  I watch my 2 year old neice, Brianna 3 times a week while my sister is at work, and we are having a lot of trouble with potty training.  Brianna will go in her Pull-Ups, and then tell us that she has to go potty.  Of course, she doesn't go, because she already went in the pull-ups.  Its getting frustrating!  I have even tried telling her that Dora the Explorer (the character on her Pull-Ups) doesn't like getting wet or messy, because she can't go exploring well that way, but it hasn't helped. 

I think try some underwear instead of pull-ups.  We were using pull-ups with my DS but it wasn't working.  Then someone gave me some underwear so I decided to try it and it has worked ever since.  He can actually feel when he gets wet and will stop himself until we can go on the potty.

peaceful_mama's Avatar peaceful_mama 12:26 AM 07-29-2011

DS2 (child #3) is PL.  He pees enough at a time that our CD's really don't hold it anymore, and yet he WILL. NOT. USE. THE. POTTY.  Or the seat on the toilet.  Or just the toilet.  He just says NO and won't stay there.

This is all new territory for me.  My oldest was completely done with PL at this age, I think out of diapers at night too.  (DS2 is 2 years almost 9 months)  DD was totally learned for poop well before this age and fairly accident-free for pee too.....but she still occasionally wets the bed at 4 1/2.

I have thrown away diapers (well-used!) and underwear (the cheapest they make!) because the poops are that bad.  help!  OH and he CAN stay dry for nap and sometimes for night.  And the child tells me things like "You find me Bear Big Blue House underwear, I will poop in the potty!"  When he will sit, he uses paper, he flushes, he washes his hands.

I have told him everything from "I'll buy you the coolest big toy truck ever" to "Cowboys use the potty, you can't poop on the horsie's back...when YOU use the potty, I'll find a real horsie for you to ride..." 

um, nope LOL, nada 

I've also tried just shutting up about it for awhile, and the very relaxed occasional visit approach.  That's where we are now...today, I took him a few times and just didn't make a big deal out of it at all if he sat on the potty or not, but we went into the bathroom to change, we had to come in the house and change because his shorts got all wet, etc.  And once he actually did tell me after he peed.  We've got to start somewhere, right???

Halfasianmomma's Avatar Halfasianmomma 07:16 AM 07-29-2011

Anyone have suggestions for a 3 year old toddler who is doing fantastic where pee is concerned, but holding in poop until she gives herself a belly ache, purely because she's petrified of the process of pooping on the potty (or the toilet)? She actually asked to be put to be last night, at 6 p.m, because her tummy was hurting so much. I put a nighttime pull-up on her, and 20 minutes later, we had poop. Then we changed her, and 30 minutes after that, more poop. She then went to sleep super early, seemingly exhausted, and this morning, again complaining of a belly ache, asked for a pull-up. Generally, she goes through her day at daycare without any pull-up, even through naptime, but lately, she's got it into her head to hold it in...

I really don't know how to calm her fear about pooping on the potty...

Aliyahsmommy's Avatar Aliyahsmommy 10:44 PM 07-29-2011

My son is 20 months old and we just started potty training three days ago. He wanted his diaper off so I just decided in that moment that we would give it a go. We are staying home and letting him be naked. The first day we just used a toilet insert on our big toilet, but since he is so little I thought it might be easier to also use a little potty so we introduced that on day 2 and he really seems to like it most of the time.

He definitely has figured out what to do on the potty and we have had several successful pees and even 1/2 poops on the potty! By 1/2 I mean that he starts to go on the floor and we rush to the potty where he finishes. We have had some completely successful pees including one where he went on his own even! I'm feeling pretty lucky as my daughter did not do this well so quickly when we trained her at 2 years old.

The one thing I am worried about though is that we are going to introduce underwear on Sunday and since he really does not dress or undress himself yet then I'm not sure he will be able to pull down the underwear. I think my daughter was more independent in that respect so this was never an issue with her. He loves to cheer for himself now after he goes as he has gotten the hint that we always do that lol and at first I rewarded with candy, but now that does not seem necessary. We had friends over today and I did notice that the distraction was not good as far as him making it to the potty.

So we have now gotten past the hurdle of him peeing just a little every 5-30 minutes and he is holding it longer and peeing in a bigger burst to get it all out. We are now working on making it to the potty before he starts peeing as more often than not I see him start with a trickle or more sometimes and he might say "uh oh" and then we rush to the potty where he finishes. I think we are on the right path, but obviously it just takes time for it to all come together:)

mckittre's Avatar mckittre 12:29 AM 08-12-2011

Has anyone ever given up and gone back to diapers for awhile? 

We stopped using diapers during the day for my son months ago (he's 30 months), but lately, I'm kind of ready to throw in the towel on potty stuff.  He has always been nearly perfect getting to the potty by himself when he's not wearing pants.  So we had him go naked around the house for a while, then started putting underwear on him several months ago.  For awhile he seemed to be doing better.  But now, he basically pees in his pants every single time (and tells us afterwards about half the time).  He has never told us when he needs to pee (though obviously he knows when, since he can take himself to the potty), and also won't take his own pants off (it's difficult for him to get them down, and he refuses to pee unless they're all the way off).  He generally puts up a fuss if we tell him it's time to go to the potty.  He does OK for poop.  So the only thing we can do is catch him at appropriate intervals, pull his pants and underwear off despite shrieking protests, and then wait for him to take himself to pee. 

I don't see a way through this.  He doesn't care too much if his pants are wet, and he doesn't care too much if we run out of dry pants and he has to go naked (even in bushes and brambles).  Does it make sense to give up for awhile since there's been no progress in months and months and it seems like we don't have a whole lot of success to worry about losing?  Or will I make the eventual process even worse later by putting him back in diapers now?

4Marmalade's Avatar 4Marmalade 11:49 AM 08-12-2011

I just put my 3 year old twins back in diapers.  We switched to underwear a long time ago and both pee on the toilet with no problems at all.  I kept thinking they would just get the pooping on the toilet as long as they stayed in underwear but they never did.  It has been 2 months of me dealing with poopy underwear multiple times a day and I am just done with it.  Not to mention when we went on a week long camping trip and I wondered how we were going to deal with poopy clothes.  I hope I am not setting them back but not sure what else to try.  We are even trying a reward chart but they have no real interest.  So far, my ds has been upset with me a couple of times when I told him he couldn't wear his underwear.  Maybe that will be enough incentive but I'm doubting it.  My older two were done with diapers by 2 and 2-1/2 so I'm not exactly sure how to proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittre View Post

Has anyone ever given up and gone back to diapers for awhile? 

ThreeTwoFive's Avatar ThreeTwoFive 07:16 PM 08-12-2011

On the back into diapers question . ..

I'm on day 5 of the 3-day potty training method (haha), and I made a pull-up run last night.  We now have pull-ups and the new Huggies that go on like a pull-up but are just as absorbent as diapers.  I don't know if it will confuse him or not, but I just had to get out of the house.  DS is 22 months.  

Today he started to make the connection between peeing on the potty and getting a sticker, and we got a dribble of pee into the potty!  He's started sitting on the potty, making a peeing sound, and then yelling "Hooray!  Good job!" so that's something, right?  (It's all the bribes and fake praise I swore I'd never do.  But hey, it might just work.)

carmel23's Avatar carmel23 08:28 PM 08-12-2011

I don't have any good advice other then they'll be out of diapers before high school.... hugs mamas...  this is tough stuff sometimes.

kayleesmom's Avatar kayleesmom 08:36 PM 08-15-2011

my son is 2.5 and is semi potty learning. meaning when he wants to he will take diaper off and go pee on potty. or will go when u ask him if he has too most of the time but only pee. but is still in diapers. my girls didnt train till around 3 yrs and were fast so he is training early and slowly. not pushing it.

bignerpie's Avatar bignerpie 09:08 PM 08-15-2011

My little guy peed on the potty for the first time tonight! He told me that he had to poop, and I asked if he wanted to go on the potty. We went and got his potty out, and he sat on it, ran around, sat down, ran around, etc. for at least 5 minutes before he sat down and peed. I waited for awhile, but he never did poop.

I don't know how to continue from here, though, because I'm 37 weeks pregnant. I've been told that even if he is using the potty, he might go back to diapers after the baby is born. So I haven't really been pushing the issue. 

goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 03:05 PM 08-30-2011

Question for you all....

DS has been EC'in since about 4 weeks.  He poos and pees on his pottys and on the the big toilet at times.  SOOOO.... what do YOU do in the car seat.  I am so done with diapers and DS is signing and saying "I don't like diapers!"  He is 25 months. 

Any thoughts?  We have been putting a diaper underneath him to save the car seat and travel now with his little baby bjorn.  Just wondering if there are any mamas with other hints!? 

Thanks a bunch!

holothuroidea 04:07 PM 08-30-2011

22 months is really young. I think the only way you are going to get a baby that young to go on the potty is with bribes and tricks. I'd back off and try again in a year, unless he prompts you to do it sooner.

ETA: I won't deny that there are some super-babies out there that are really advanced but that's a special case. Also, EC'ing is a totally different animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTwoFive View Post

On the back into diapers question . ..

I'm on day 5 of the 3-day potty training method (haha), and I made a pull-up run last night.  We now have pull-ups and the new Huggies that go on like a pull-up but are just as absorbent as diapers.  I don't know if it will confuse him or not, but I just had to get out of the house.  DS is 22 months.  

Today he started to make the connection between peeing on the potty and getting a sticker, and we got a dribble of pee into the potty!  He's started sitting on the potty, making a peeing sound, and then yelling "Hooray!  Good job!" so that's something, right?  (It's all the bribes and fake praise I swore I'd never do.  But hey, it might just work.)

Ma Cactus's Avatar Ma Cactus 12:58 PM 09-01-2011

Does he really go in the car seat or are you just afraid he will?  When we started EC the books I read seemed to suggest that it is often not a problem because the babies don't like to go in that position, and truly, our DS has probably gone in the seat twice in his life (20 mos now).  Of course all kids are different so maybe yours does not have this aversion.  I did have a piece of wool under him for the longest time anyway that was a would-be diaper cover that my Mum made that didn't fit right and never had the elastic put in so it was sort of contoured and fit well.    If we have to make a pit stop in the car, we usually just hold him out the door on the non-traffic side (in appropriately pastoral settings of course), or when it is too cold for that, he will usually go standing into a quart-sized yogurt container with a lid. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwillow View Post

Question for you all....

DS has been EC'in since about 4 weeks.  He poos and pees on his pottys and on the the big toilet at times.  SOOOO.... what do YOU do in the car seat.  I am so done with diapers and DS is signing and saying "I don't like diapers!"  He is 25 months. 

Any thoughts?  We have been putting a diaper underneath him to save the car seat and travel now with his little baby bjorn.  Just wondering if there are any mamas with other hints!? 

Thanks a bunch!

goldenwillow's Avatar goldenwillow 01:58 PM 09-01-2011

Yeah... he has had 2, er, maybe 3 accidents in the car and I am only talking pees.  Man... it is so hard to get those covers off the seat to wash!  We do the same as you suggested about pulling over.  Sometimes I think he is so excited to see the sights on the way to wherever, he just goes.  Thank you for the wool suggestion.  We haven't used our wool in so long I forgot about them!

First ... 5  6  7 8 

Up