Potty Learning Tribe! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 214 Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After refusing the potty for what seemed like forever, DS (3yrs 5mos) has now been in underwear for a few weeks with only a couple accidents.   He has even been dry most mornings, but we still use a diaper overnight just in case.

I feel like we tried everything, but mostly I think time was what did it.  He was just finally ready. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 214 Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This seemed to be the most recent "tribe" so I thought I would ask here.

Is it possible to force your child to hold pee overnight?  My toddler is day-trained and was not wetting his diaper overnight, so I thought I would try a trainer overnight and that was dry, too.  Is it possible I'm forcing him to hold it overnight when he isn't ready?  He's 2.5 years old and he day-trained very quickly and easily, so I feel confident he was ready.  I don't mind keeping him in a diaper overnight if he isn't ready and though all signs seems to suggest he is, I feel some strange fear that I'm pushing him into holding it since I know he doesn't like to feel wet.  There have been no tears (he likes his undies), but I would hate to cause damage simply to have him in undies overnight.

Anyone have thoughts on this? 

#213 of 214 Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 PM

For my children, waking up dry was their first steps towards going diaperless, first at nap then at night time. This happened, for both of them, around 26-28mths. It was their natural progression, body ready. I wouldnt think there was any forcing or potential damage to be had.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#214 of 214 Old 08-03-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post

For my children, waking up dry was their first steps towards going diaperless, first at nap then at night time. This happened, for both of them, around 26-28mths. It was their natural progression, body ready. I wouldnt think there was any forcing or potential damage to be had.

Thanks for your input! smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page