Having a teething toddler sucks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS1 does NOT teethe well. Add in that he gets them all at once and it makes for a horrible week. I actually have him in a disposable because he's been peeing all over the floor, he's been throwing toys, his train and his riding thing are both put up for driving them on the wall...and banging them there. He's been hitting and screaming and generally not listening ...he's tired and needs a nap but won't sit still

I've given him Advil and it hasn't worked. I KNOW it's teeth because I can see them coming through. Ugh.

Thanks...I just needed to complain.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 AM

I feel ya'.  DS is finally getting his stinkin' molars. All 4 of them at the same time. He's been chewing on his finger or a toothbrush almost constantly for the past week. his poor toothbrush just looks mangled.  I'm lucky that at this time, he's happy except when he's trying to sleep. We're having multiple wake up at night even w/advil.  DH took him last night and he was up from 3-4:30am. When I asked at 4:00 if he's had any more advil, DH replied, "i forgot". Needless to say, he was asleep 30 minutes after the advil.   Hang in there.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

When my daughters first set of molars came in I had three weeks of constant neediness to be carried or she cried all the time. At nught she nursed non stop. It was so hard on me (I'm also 20 weeks pregnant). I was in tears many times during those weeks.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 PM

My DS is 17 months old, and his 1st molar is coming through. I can see the white tip that has broken through the gum. And it looks like his other molars are trying to push through - evidenced by the swollen gums. He's been nursing non-stop and hasn't eaten hardly any solids. And he's been keeping his fingers in his mouth and drooling like crazy. Oh and it seems like the slightest thing sets him off and he cries. And he only wants me and not daddy, so it's been really hard.

You're not alone. Hang in there...

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Jerlin--thank you for that post!  Our son is 13 months and has his first molar SLOWLY coming in (I first noticed his gum was mounded 5 weeks ago...are they supposed to take so long?).  One white tip is finally visible.  He is really fussy, the slightest thing sets him to crying, I am sore on both sides from nursing so often, his solid food eating (which wasn't great to start with) has dipped, he naps less (like 20 minutes in the a.m.) and he is not nearly as happy to play with DH or his very big brother as he used to be (for the past week or so--we thought it was separation anxiety, but I guess it is the teething?).  We are doing extra walks, trips out of the house, generic Tylenol, and waiting it out.  Good luck to all of us and our LOs with sore mouths!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 PM

My son is finally getting his last 1 yr molar.. I CAN'T wait until it's all the way through. This has been the toughest one by far, and he got 2 at one time before!! I haven't had to use any tylenol or advil, usually camilia (homeopathic teething medicine) works just fine. Plus he likes to chew on the long plastic tube it comes in (with my supervision of course) I hate all the drool that comes with it! Wet shirts, and always slobbery fingers from them being in his mouth constantly. Oh well! Part of the joys of having kids I guess! nut.gif

Mama to 1 handsome boy born Nov 29/2009 and 1 beautiful girl born May 21/2013 and wife to 1 handsome man, married since Jun 9/2007.

User Tag List