Where do I find 3T one-piece outfits? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 13 month old is really big (and almost still EBF, but that's another story...).  3T pants are way too long on him, but good in the waist.  I like the idea of one-piece outfits but they are SO expensive on ebay and we can't afford (and would prefer not to get) new.  Any ideas?  I know that sometimes one-piece outfits are called "rompers," but that hasn't helped me in my search.  Can anybody help me out on this one?  Thank you so much!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#2 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Make them?   Thats what I do!

#3 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Summer clothes on ebay are expensive right now. There are a lot of bidders out there so maybe it's just not a good time. Check ending soonest and you may see something others have missed? I am shopping for summer dresses and have got some good deals but I really enjoy looking and bidding and the whole ebay thing :)

selectivevax.gifbfolderchild.gifdelayedvax.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gifsurf.gif     t.v. free  

Living happily on a little island in the sun
#4 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Gymboree makes them IIRC. I think I bought one at a consignment sale for DS in that size.

#5 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM

I babysit a child who sounds identical to your son in size, so I know exactly what you mean about the pant length. I think if it were me, I'd just buy the bigger size pants and hem the legs to a good length.

I think with a one-piece outfit you'll still have the same issues as with two-piece, unless I'm missing something? It would either be big enough around OR the right lengh (unless it's the shorts-type romper you're thinking about).

- C reading.gif + Tsuperhero.gif = DS 08/08 bouncy.gif  DD 02/12 angel.gif and D? praying.gif sometime around March 16/2014 

#6 of 9 Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM

Another thing to think about is your LO might wear 3T size more than once, so if you hem the pants don't cut the extra fabric because you might need it later when he gets taller.  My DS wore a 24mo/2T when he was about 10-12 months old and now that he is almost two he is wearing 18mo pants (and really should be wearing 12mo because many of the 18mo fall off his butt, but the 12mo look silly short on him).  He is becoming a skinny string bean boy.  So you never know!

Have you looked at Threadless?

#7 of 9 Old 05-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl View Post

Ug...I didn't mean Threadless...I meant ThreadUp.  It is a good resource if you want to buy second hand clothes.

#8 of 9 Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl View Post

Another thing to think about is your LO might wear 3T size more than once, so if you hem the pants don't cut the extra fabric because you might need it later when he gets taller.  My DS wore a 24mo/2T when he was about 10-12 months old and now that he is almost two he is wearing 18mo pants (and really should be wearing 12mo because many of the 18mo fall off his butt, but the 12mo look silly short on him).  He is becoming a skinny string bean boy.  So you never know!

This- absolutely.  My middle kid was in 3T at about 9 months old, and he's now in anything from 18 months to 2T.  He got taller and slimmed down from a little chub to a skinnier guy.  

#9 of 9 Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Oh, I also experimented by sewing something like a belly band (like you use to wear your jeans when pregnant) in a toddler size for my potty-learning toddler.  It is magic, and might work well for that challenge as well. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page