How do you keep your LO hydrated? what do they drink? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 34 Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 21 months and he just nurses on demand whenever he is thirsty mostly.  When I'm drinking water he often wants a drink as well.  I'd say he's getting a lot more breast milk than water though.  He occasionally has a sip of juice, MAYBE once a month. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM

My 11 month old son is getting ready to cut his 6th tooth.   He's biting a lot during nursing so he's down to only nursing 2-3 times per day:-((. Also, he rarely takes a bottle or a sippy cup with water, mama's milk or diluted juice..  His stool is pretty hard, he seems constipated...  I'm just worried that he's not getting enough fluids... Also i'm wondering, will he EVER take a sippy or straw cup?

#33 of 34 Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 PM

We always have a sippy of water available, and he avails himself of that. We offer juice 3-4 times a week. He gets cow milk sometimes.

I like the idea of herbal teas or melons. I am gonna try that this summer! Thanks, mamas!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#34 of 34 Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 AM

My son does only milk and water at daycare. At home I give him milk with dinner but he does get watered down juice during the evening. I learned that giving him water is all about packaging. He loves to drink out of the water bottles I have so I bought him his own little jug and fill it with water each day. He carries it around the house and sips on it throughout the day. I found this to be pretty helpful in getting water into him. I also give him kid-safe herbal tea from Teavana.com I don't add any sugar and it has tons of antioxidants that are good and safe for kids. 

in the middle of the night, I give him watered down juice or water. It depends if he will drink it or not.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page