How do you deal with constant "toddler noise"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is a very sweet happy child and she sure sounds like it.  All day long, she talks to herself, to her dolls, to me, to her little bro.  She sings off key (she knows the lyrics, tho), squeals in delight over smallest things, makes weird noises with her lips, etc, etc.  ALL. DAY. LONG!  Luckily for me, her little bro (3 months old) does not mind noise at all, but me, sometimes it gets to be too much!  Right now I don't do anything about it because I'm sure it's just a phase and I don't know what if at all I can do about it.  Really she is NOT trying to be annoying, I know, but it sometimes does get to me.  Do you guys have any tricks up your sleeves?  Oh she plays by herself quite a bit so it's not like she follows me around all day.  But I can hear her across our not so small house.  Also it's not like top of the lung screaming, which I do tell her to stop.  She knows indoor/outdoor voice.  Maybe I just need more sleep, eh?

enjoying motherhood way more than science:
married to DH love.gif (2003) mama to DDenergy.gif(Nov 2008) & DSbabyf.gif   (Mar 2011)

#2 of 3 Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 AM

:)  Maybe turn on some music for you so you can have something else to listen to.  Or have a good book handy for those moments when you need a breather.  My very talkative one is older so I tend to take some deep breaths in the bathroom now.  :)  Or move him outside or to his room.  When he was that age I tried to get him outdoors as much as possible to help with the "being inside and listening to him go on and on all day" feeling of frustration and he had a babysitter a couple times a week.  And yes, ha, I'm sure more sleep would be helpful!  :)  I definitely do better when that happens.  Good luck mama-hang in there!    Mary

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2011, 03:13 PM

That sounds like a wonderful problem to have, a joyful child.
I too would suggest maybe some music to neutralize the situation.

Good Luck

hang.gifMarried to Hubs, DD Miss A (Oct 2008), DS Bubba E (April 2010) knit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page