Shoes with flexible soles - brands? - Mothering Forums
Life with a Toddler > Shoes with flexible soles - brands?
allisonrose's Avatar allisonrose 09:06 AM 06-13-2011

My 2.5 y/o has nearly (possibly already) outgrown the Pediped sneakers he got for Christmas. I used to try to buy him shoes in a size ahead but our budget was really tight for a while there. I want a flexible sole and something pretty durable since he's an active little guy. I have Amazon credit so I'm looking there but some brands I'm pulling up, I've never heard of. I am hoping for $30 or less. Recommend brands, please.

Anyone heard of Simple? They have some cute sneakers on Amazon.

Feel free to mention big box stores (Target, Kohls) if anyone has had luck there recently. I currently don't have my own transportation so don't have the luxury of driving around to a bunch of stores in hopes of finding something decent but could definitely talk a relative into bringing us to a particular store.

Thanks!

AKislandgirl's Avatar AKislandgirl 02:53 PM 06-13-2011

Well these are sold on Amazon but the best shoes we have are Soft Star Shoes. They are really flexible, really well made, and hand made in Oregon. Can't say enough good things about them! They are so flexible you can scrunch them up in one hand. I find them to be quite durable! DD wears her on trails, at the playground, in puddles....

funnygrace's Avatar funnygrace 09:50 PM 06-13-2011

Hi allisonrose! What about Pediped or Tsukihoshi on ebay? Surely other lil guys are outgrowing theirs as quickly as Blake is his? You could try all the standard flexible ones on ebay. We just got brand new pediped and O won't touch them because....? Don't know. Coudl have been the colors or how excited I was about them while he was just trying to wake up from a nap and go potty... :]. 

moongloe's Avatar moongloe 10:28 PM 06-30-2011

this past week we bought flexible sneakers at "h&m". they were sturdier than the infant shoes he'd been wearing, but the soles were super flexible. the sneakers we chose were $12.

MariesMama's Avatar MariesMama 09:34 AM 07-02-2011

I LOVE LOVE LOVE See Kai Run, and they run 50% off "Deal of the Day" sales quite often if you sign up for their email.  Completely worth it.  DD has had several pairs and I like them better than Pediped.

brennan's Avatar brennan 12:17 AM 07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post

Well these are sold on Amazon but the best shoes we have are Soft Star Shoes. They are really flexible, really well made, and hand made in Oregon. Can't say enough good things about them! They are so flexible you can scrunch them up in one hand. I find them to be quite durable! DD wears her on trails, at the playground, in puddles....

YES this!

All of dd's shoes that she's outgrown from soft star still look brand new (which kinda irks me that I have to put them away) and if you don't do their design your own shoes are 30$ (design your own gets expensive).  We love love love them.

Louisep's Avatar Louisep 06:11 PM 07-03-2011

We love environmentally friendly, vegan Simple shoes. They last forever and run about $35

http://www.simpleshoes.com/productslist.aspx?g=k&categoryid=739

Up