Stroller - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im sorry if this isnt the right place to put this, but I figured mom's of toddlers would know what is currently available stroller-wise.

I dont need a super expensive stroller, or one that is all fancy and awesome. I rarely use the one I have. Where I live there are no sidewalks. We live on 11 acres of land, so its really awesome to have a jogging stroller that has the big wheels so that we can go over holes in the ground and bumps easily.

I'm trying to decide if I should trade the one I have (baby trend jogging stroller) for a double stroller since we are expecting #2. If I do decide to trade or sell, I was thinking I would get a streamlined double stroller instead of one that is side by side. Does anyone have one of these that is also a jogging stroller?

Any advice? TIA!!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Hi! I know that Phil and Teds make a double stroller that is also a jogging stroller. The seats sit one behind the other so its only as wide as a normal stroller. I haven't used one myself but there are probably lots of reviews out there if you google it. HTH!

#3 of 12 Old 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in the market for the same thing.  I didn't think I would need one, but my YDD LOVES riding in the stroller and the 2-year-old likes to walk, but will get tired on longer outings or trips to the park. 

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 12 Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I think Im going to start looking and try to trade or get rid of my jogging stroller.

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 12 Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you have a kids consignment store near you look for one there. I got mine at one for $40 and it's great. Much better than the one we bought brand new when DD was a baby. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#6 of 12 Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 AM

also try craigslist, often in our area double strollers and jogging strollers are found cheaply on there. There is a new site, www.storkbrokers.com that is  sort of like craigslist, but isn't just local stuff, some of the mamas will ship items. I don't need a jogging stroller, so I am just going with a sit and stand sort of thing. (DS will be 22 months when the new baby is born).

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#7 of 12 Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 PM

We have the Phil ans ted jogging double stroller and love it. The baby is only 2 months so isn't quite in there yet but we have it set up as a double and its easy to push. Easy to make it into a single stroller too. Can't go wrong!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#8 of 12 Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Peg Perego Duette? Has anyone ever had one of these? My dad just found one at a yard sale for $100, and it retails for $849.00 on Amazon. Should I get it?

One thing I dont like about the Phil and Teds is that it doesnt really have any storage space underneath.

SIDS happens. 

#9 of 12 Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 AM

I find the side by side easier to push and more stable than an inline - if you aren't using it for the mall anyway, then my theory is keep the kiddies side by side and they

can entertain each other a little - of course thats good and bad! What I did, at my husbands suggestion was check out Amazon's best seller list in strollers and the comments there then I went looking for a used version of the same thing.

-J

google

#10 of 12 Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

If you're looking to push over big hills and bumps in the road, you don't want the Duette. People hate that stroller. You want a side by side jogger with big air filled tires like the Mountain Buggy Urban Double or the Baby Jogger City Elite Double or the BOB Duelie. This stroller (http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double/plus-one) is coming soon and might be perfect if you really want an inline stroller. I agree that a side by side is easier to push. I know the BOB can fit a carseat also, making it appropriate for newborns, and the Baby Jogger lays flat.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#11 of 12 Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I didnt end up getting the Perego. It sold before my dad got back, and I read some bad reviews about it.

Thanks for the links, I think I have decided on a side by side jogger. The only thing about it that I dont like, is that there is no way to seperate them if they arent getting along. But who knows if that will even be an issue.

SIDS happens. 

#12 of 12 Old 08-09-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned

I picked up the Schwinn Turismo - it's a side by side, I wouldn't go inline with a jogger, makes me nervous. This one has a switch thingy so you can lock the front wheel from swiveling right up on the handle bar. Just google it or look it up on amazon....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page