Need constipation help fast PLEASE...... TMI sorry.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Zay ate too much cheese the other day and now she is horribly constipated. She has been trying to poop all day but all that comes out is a little bit of liquid every once in a while. I can see the poop when I wipe her but it hurts her so she does not try very hard to push it out. She is miserable. She is crying and shaking every once in a while when she seems to feel like she has to go. I finally broke down tonight and gave her a glycerin suppository but only about half went in. I don't think I am doing it right. I have been giving her lots of fluids all day and juice tonight. I don't want to call the Dr. but I am getting pretty close. Honestly though if they tell me to take her to the ER I am not sure I would go since it is like a war zone with fireworks over here and not to mention all of the possible drunk drivers out there right now. The Childrens hospital is 35 minuets away.

Anyway, any advice or tips would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

I have a solution, but it's kind of gross.  Get a rectal thermometer.  Put her on her stomach with her butt in the air and have someone hold her. Put the thermometer in.  That alone might be enough to get her going.  If not, I don't know how else to describer this, but push down the skin around her anus like you are popping a zit and try to squeeze it out.  

We did this recently when my DD went over a week without pooping.  If you can see it, and it's right there, it will hopefully pop out fairly easily.  

#3 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM

put some vaseline on your finger and massage her rectum can also help. A warm bath, juice (like you are doing). The above advice is good as well. I hope she is able to go soon. My first had lots of issues with that and it is no fun for anyone. : (

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM

Can children take miralax? It does take a day or two but it's a miracle. You really don't want her to push. If it's hurting it means it could be tearing and those tears don't heal easily. Nor do you want a hemmeroid. The glycerin should have melted the poo asap but it is painful.

#5 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

Another thought - it was gross when we did this and DD screamed her bloody head off - but the second it was out she was a happy baby.  Right away.  

Good luck!

#6 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mama's :) She actually pooped right after I posted this! I think there is still more to come but it was a big, hard, and dry piece that came out so hopefully that was the worst of it. She is already acting more like herself. I am going to keep up with the juice. I usually give her about 1/4 juice to 3/4 water but I think I will do half and half for a few days to make sure it call comes out. I am going to hold off on the cheese for a few days too. She loves cheese but I know that is what caused this. I never want her to go through this again!!

Thanks again!!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#7 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Aw, glad she pooped! We have used Miralax before with good results. Keep up the hydration and plenty of fruits/veggies.

#8 of 10 Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 PM

Would Sodium Ascorbate (vitamin C) to bowel tolerance be safe?

FEAR- Emergency Scriptures That Come To Your Rescue During Times Of Fear, Worry, and Anxiety For Your Kindle

#9 of 10 Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After 5 days with no poop, we also had great luck with good old-fashioned prunes! Even better, DD liked them! She didn't like prune juice, but 3 prunes on a little dish, a few times a day -- worked like magic.
#10 of 10 Old 07-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So glad she went! I just want to second the prunes! My son loves them, he thinks they are candy winky.gif We diluted prune juice - 1/2 water then the other half was 3/4 apple and 1/4 prune juice. It worked....fast and liquid bigeyes.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page