~ July 2010 Toddlers Chat ~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who else has graduated? What are your (Already? OMG! ) TODDLERS up to these days?

Fritz is a really good walker these days. He's also taken to climbing up on everything so that now our child safety measures are all for nought in the living room, what with him climbing up on the coffee table, couches, everything, lol. He's still not talking yet and sleep? Kinda giving up on that one. And he seems to be eating less and nursing more these days. He'll turn one this Sunday.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#2 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Whaaa.... how do I have a toddler?  How?!

But I do.  Toddle is exactly what he does!  He's walking further and further ever day.  And throwing his head back and laughing!  Still not a lot of talking - lots of babbling but no mama or dada yet.  But we all swear he says, "Yeah" in response to questions which is a riot.

He eats like a horse.  This morning he ate almost an entire banana, and I'm willing to bet when I pick him up from daycare he will have still scarfed down his breakfast of oatmeal & fruit.  But, due to his love of food (and some other stuff), I think he's close to weaning.  Or being easily led to weaning.  My supply is dipping which I'm not surprised about - going back to work full time when he was 12 weeks old, I was just hopeful to make it to a year.  Last night he had a really hard time falling asleep.  He nursed and nursed on one side and nursed and nursed on the other side, then I was rocking him and he kept flopping around and smacking his lips.  Finally I went downstairs and made him a bottle, which he guzzled right down and then promptly fell asleep.  It is a little sad to think that our nursing relationship is ending but he seems OK with it and that's the most important thing.  I'm hoping to at least keep the morning feeding and the bedtime feeding for a few more months... we'll see how it goes.

He had his first swim in the lake yesterday!  He was pretty scared if I wasn't holding right on to him tight, but after awhile he started to enjoy it and splash a little bit - just as long as mumma didn't let go!

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#3 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

If Daniel isn't walking, does that mean I still have a baby? 2whistle.gif

In any case, Daniel is becoming more and more adorable everyday. He just moved into 12-18 month clothes and this box of hand me down has a bunch of little adult-look-alike clothes like cargo shorts and polos. He looks like a little copy of my husband now. I can't believe he's one and such a little boy. Hes literally sitting on his own at his play table eating O's and drinking water from his sippy. When did he get so grown up?!

I know that I'm supposed to be transitioning him from a bottle (now he gets grass-fed pasturized milk) to a sippy full time, but I'm SO nervous about it. I'm literally dreading it. At this point he gets a bottle three times a day, before each nap and before bed. I hold him in my arms and rock him and then he goes to sleep. He nurses some sippy cups with water all day, but he only drinks milk before he goes to bed. Ugh, this is going to be rough. Anyone else dealing with this?

Me learning.gif+ DH hug.gif + kid.gifDaniel (7/5/10)
#4 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
MJB

Edie will be 1 on Sunday. She's climbing everywhere, too! She's a great walker and can even run a little. Also, she finally has more than 2 teeth! The top ones just broke through. She's still a tiny thing at 18 lbs. and change. We keep seeing 8-9 mo. olds that are bigger than her. She looks pretty funny running around. 

She got off to a good start with talking but once she started toddling, it fell by the wayside. She still says mama, dada, hi, and "nuh nuh" (nurse) but that's pretty much it. Sometimes she says kitty or doggy. She gives kisses and high fives which are both very cute.

The night-weaning plateaued after a little bit. She sleeps in her own bed for the first part of the night (until 2-3). She wants to nurse at 4 most nights and I give in a lot. One nighttime feed is not worth fighting, IMO. 

We're down to one nap which I love. She sleeps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon now. It's much easier to work around than two hour-long naps (which were never very predictable). 

#5 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post

In any case, Daniel is becoming more and more adorable everyday. He just moved into 12-18 month clothes and this box of hand me down has a bunch of little adult-look-alike clothes like cargo shorts and polos. He looks like a little copy of my husband now. I can't believe he's one and such a little boy. Hes literally sitting on his own at his play table eating O's and drinking water from his sippy. When did he get so grown up?!

I know that I'm supposed to be transitioning him from a bottle (now he gets grass-fed pasturized milk) to a sippy full time, but I'm SO nervous about it. I'm literally dreading it. At this point he gets a bottle three times a day, before each nap and before bed. I hold him in my arms and rock him and then he goes to sleep. He nurses some sippy cups with water all day, but he only drinks milk before he goes to bed. Ugh, this is going to be rough. Anyone else dealing with this?

You know, my 2 cents on the bottle thing?  I wouldn't stress about it.  I've sort of been thinking about what I'd do if M weaned completely, if I would start up with bottles before bed & naps to replace the nursing session.  And I think I probably would, because he doesn't drink well from a sippy yet.  If it's really really really hard to stop with the bottles, give yourself a month longer and then try again.  He may be more accepting of it when he's a little older.

#6 of 62 Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Toddlers?! Oh my, I can't believe it. 

Well, we threw a huge party for Ollies birthday - I never want to have another party ever again, lol! Actually, it was fun, he had a great time ... but exhausting. He is not walking yet, but so very close! He also loves to swim - we live in So. California, it's been pretty hot so we've been going to the pool a few times a week-  he is SUCH a water baby! 

LittleBirdy: My DS has a huge appetite too! He will eat 3/4 of a banana most days, and just a ton of other food. He also wants to do it all himself, no help from anyone. I noticed a few weeks ago that my supply had dropped (very apparent while I was pumping at school, and from his behaviors while nursing), I was afraid weaning would be starting! :( However he's nursing like crazy right now (growth spurt??) and things are back to normal. 

Mama to my sweet boy O  age 4; baby girl lost at 13 wks, July '14 ~ I'm a nerdy, treehugging, polytheist lady and a professional herbalist.   Three candles that illume every darkness: Truth, Nature, Knowledge. - Triads of Ireland 
#7 of 62 Old 07-12-2011, 12:40 AM

Thanks for the new thread Terri!

We are so close but not quite there yet.  DS wants to walk everywhere but has to hold our hands to do it (unless there is furniture he can cruise on, but we don't have enough of that).  His favorite is to walk around in our yard holding our hands.  Sometimes he will throw a tantrum if we try to carry him.  Luckily he still loves to be back carried for our dog walks.

His new thing is playing the piano, he wants to do it all the time.  He is very chatty these days too.  Once in a while I catch real words - besides the ones from before (hi, moo, flip flop) I know I've heard water, all right, and a few others.   He does the high five and hugs and kisses.

Finally eating a bit more solids, he has expanded to apple, carrot, pear, broccoli, raspberries, potato, cucumber.  It's cute, now he clearly asks for food when I'm eating something.  Still will not drink out of a sippy cup, straw cup, or open cup.  He is still nursing a lot (every 2 hours during the day), although most nights just waking once.

He is starting to get over his stranger anxiety, as long as they don't get too close.  Hey, I don't like it when strangers get too close to me or touch me, either.  We started swim classes a few weeks ago.  He loves the water but not too sure about the teacher.  He accidentally dunked his head tonight, that didn't go over so well.

No party plans here, things have been too chaotic between home renovations (built an apartment for our nanny) and DH's business travel (he'll probably miss the actual birthday, sadly).  But all 3 grandparents are coming for a visit (none live close) so I'm sure we will come up with something festive.

Oh, AF finally showed up this week.  Kinda weird after not having it for so long.

Glad to see everyone is doing so well. smile.gif

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#8 of 62 Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM

I'm here! DS turned 1 today. Can't believe it.

He's got 8 teeth, he started to pull himself up this week, he's become an expert crawler this month, and he mastered going up stairs over the past couple of days but he's not walking yet. I'm pretty sure he doesn't say any words yet, he makes quite a few sounds though. We are still nursing, co-sleeping, ECing first thing in the morning which means I always catch the poop and don't have to dunk and swirl anymore. It's just amazing watching him learn, and grow, and be this wonderful human being. I'm going to take advantage of tonight's early bedtime (yup, 10:00pm can be considered early in our house) and go to sleep now.

Mama to Chu born July 2010

Excitedly expecting somebody new in August 2012

#9 of 62 Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Thanks for starting this thread!  I had started a "looking Back" thread, but this probably makes more sense!  So hard to believe an entire year has passed.  Where did our babies go???

I posted the writing below in the thread I started - it is an entry from the blog that I started as a birthday present for little N on her first bday, hence the title, "One."

One.  We know it so well.  We say it so often.  One slips off the tongue like so many overly familiar words, a hand-holder of the phrases that ease from us without thought.  One.  Singular sensation.  One second, Just One Moment, One Day, The One, One of Us, One in a Million, One Love, Once Upon a Time, One of These Days, One of My Favorites, The One and Only, One-Upped, One Last Chance, One, One, One.  It’s just one word, three mere letters; a captain of clichés.  Or is it more?

Today it is more.  Today, our baby turns one.  Today we celebrate the day that Little Natalie entered this world, ever-so-quickly, ever-so-peacefully, the softness with which she greeted us encompassing her soul each sunset since.  She is a dream.  She is the miracle that arrived between Daddy’s radiation and chemotherapy.  She is the joy in the foggy wonder of a long year.  She is “Lolly,” she is “Tali,” she is a constant wonder.

Three hundred and sixty-five days have passed, and now we participate in that ritual of celebrating the memory of her day of birth, the ritual of clapping and singing for the wondrous accomplishments she has made since that breathtaking first breath.  Nursing, teething, eating, napping, growing, growing, growing.  Crawling, pulling, eating, standing, growing, growing, growing.  Babbling, cruising, giggling, belly-laughing, growing, growing, growing.  Her days have been full, and she has filled ours, too, with awe, with reminders of the beauty of the months that serve as the milestones to ONE.  She has passed the tests.  She has met and exceeded our wildest expectations.  She has earned the single candle on the cake, the messy introduction of all that sweetness, the inevitable joy, the laughter, and the crumbs of it all.

One.  The bookmarks saved on the computer for quick links to the sites filled with  too much information about baby’s development are outdated now, and must be deleted, updated to pages about toddlers and what to expect from little ones who walk and talk and devour all sorts of previously forbidden delicacies.  One.  Big kid.  One.  Independence.  One step closer to two, to three, to four.  “One…singular sensation, every little step she takes…One smile and suddenly nobody else will do…”

Happy birthday, to one amazing little girl.  Thank you for the smiles that you have brought to our days.  Keep on shining; it’s amazing, the brightness that one little star can bring to this world.  This blog is my birthday gift to you.  Whether I write again and what I will write about if and when I do remains to be seen, but tonight, this one’s for you.

Love,

Mummy

HeckedyPeg likes this.
#10 of 62 Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM

We're not quite toddling yet--in fact, we're not crawling and probably won't. Ellison scoots on his backside, across great distances, carrying large objects (and, when he knows he's going to get into something he's not supposed to, a sly grin and tongue sticking out toward his nose). He is pulling up and taking a few tentative cruising steps.

He is toddler-sized, though--12-18 month clothes (but size 3 shoes!), 3-year-old hats, 7 teeth with the 8th about to pop...and eats everything we do, just cut smaller. Er, sometimes. Last week, it was spicy crab rangoon, the whole darn thing. He got about halfway through it before he realized, hm, this is a bit piquant, maybe I should put it down...and pick it right back up.

E rangoon.jpg

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#11 of 62 Old 07-16-2011, 04:49 PM

What?? Toddler? I am SO IN DENIAL that I'm about to have a toddler. Or maybe already do. greensad.gif  (I was in the July and the August DDC because our due date was 7/30....she was born on 8/15)

So what is the definition of toddler? When do they become toddlers, like, officially?

caffix.gif
#12 of 62 Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hey Coffeegirl!  I thought I had the last July baby to appear.  Those last couple weeks are such a blur now!

Aden is crawling everywhere.  It cracks me up when he gets going really fast.  Seems like his arms and legs are flying in all directions!  Has no problem going upstairs and has figured out downstairs too.  Doesn't love food so much, so we're still working on that.  He's very chatty, but no real words (I don't believe that mamamama means me yet, despite what DP says).  8 teeth still, since May I think?  Sleeping is a problem.  I'm considering night weaning sometimes in the next few months as I'm becoming resentful of the night wakings :(

Proto, I hear you about that sly grin!  Thankfully it's so cute it makes me smile even as I'm moving/telling no/whatever for the umpteeth time that minute. 

I'm not really ready to deal with the whole birthday thing.  I've discovered some real deep emotional sadness over the CS.  DP agreed to not make a big deal over it and since DSD is with her mom we should be able to make it just another day.  Except for all the family that will probably call.

I just love that he's becoming "a real boy" now.  We've been in the habit of calling him 'baby' and 'boy' and said recently we need to stop calling him baby!  We found a new pediatrician (moved to nevada) that we like.  Everything was a non-issue.  Was glad to hear about the BFing, said even with our delayed vax DS was more "up to date" than a lot of his other patients, asked about food, and didn't ask about or offer any sleeping advice =D

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#13 of 62 Old 07-17-2011, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

I think the loose definition of becoming a toddler is when they start to toddle! orngtongue.gif I dunno, I think it's many things - the independance thing, walking or trying to, tantrums, etc.

My baby is one today and we're all sick. Well, DP isn't yet and his family wants to celebrate anyways. His father went out and bought all the trimmings for a bbq to be held at his home whether I come or not (I was the deathly ill one yesterday, Fritz the day before and my dd got it this early morning). I'm kinda pissed that they (DP and his father) want to party without me, but I'm hoping his brothers and their families will be of a different opinion. They're leaving on vacation next weekend and don't want to take this bug with them. So I texted them all and let them know my opinion on the matter: let's party when everyone's back from vacation. My b-day is in August and I can celebrate with Fritz. Hope they're game for it cuz I'm not up for a fight today. shake.gif

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#14 of 62 Old 07-17-2011, 08:03 AM

Hey neonalee. :) I remember you from the DDC!

Ok, thanks. Well I have decided I'm going to have at least a tiny bit more time with my "baby", before she's officially a toddler. Ahhh....that already feels so much better to say that out loud! orngbiggrin.gif

Annie is crawling...fast and everywhere. She also spends just about every waking minute when she's not crawling pulling herself up to stand on furniture. She of course likes to pull stuff off of tables, tries to get the keyboard and mouse when I'm online...pulls books off the bookshelves, etc. She has very recently started to have real mini-tantrums about things. The frustrated squeal and the no-tears crying and feet/legs thumping. She has been VERY slow to eat solids. Since she was born she's been on varying ratios of breast milk and formula. She only got interested in solid foods a month or so ago, and in the past week she's regressed and won't have any of it anymore. We've tried fruit and veg purees, table food cut up small or mashed, rice cereal (w. and w/o added brown sugar), finger foods (cheese, vegs, fruit, crackers, poofs....) She's basically having none of it. Baby wants her bottle.

Just wondering if anyone is in the same (or a similar) boat?

caffix.gif
#15 of 62 Old 07-17-2011, 06:12 PM
MJB

Here's Edie at her first birthday party today:

267488_861334262454_38314989_39770538_2262084_n.jpg

And here's her cake:

270441_861338254454_38314989_39770602_1682616_n.jpg

She had a blast, although my plan to wake her up at 7 and have her nap before the party backfired. The party was at 1 and I didn't get her down until 12:15, so I woke her up at 1:15 and she was a little late to her own party and a bit woozy. 

#16 of 62 Old 07-20-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post

I'm in the same boat............but I'm not rushing getting rid of the bottle.......not even worried about it yet. I weaned at 9 months (suppy issues) and Ainsley gets 3 bottles a day as well, morning, before afternoon nap and before bed. In between she does solids, snacks and a sippy of water. She's not overly keen on the sippy of water, she'll drink a bit but spits a lot out too so at this point she actually needs the bottle to get enough fluids. She absolutely LOVES her bottle, the moment she sees it she starts crying for it and as soon as she hits the change table after her bath she starts yelling/screaming for it. I think they are only little for a short time and I'm not rushing it. ODD had a bottle until about 18 months...........I hardly even remember her being that age and having a bottle so it's just not an issue here. Eventually I'll cut out the nap bottle and go with morning and night........but not yet. I know she's not going to kindergarten still having a bottle.....so, sometime before then :).

I don't come around much but it's nice to see the updates on everyone's babes. Ainsley will be turning one this Sunday and we're having a party for her. She's been full on walking for about a week now and I just love to watch her stumbling around the house. She's such a sweet little bug and definitely keeps us laughing. Right now she's getting 3 molars and a bottom tooth so she's not in the greatest mood all the time (who can blame her) but we're doing pretty good. I'm  very surprised her teething hasn't affected her sleep.......she's still going down at 7 and up at 6. She's pretty accident prone and has already had one black eye.......poor girl :( She says 3 words "ta ta" (when giving me something) "Mama" (for course I hear this all day, everyday......I call her my 23 pound cling on because she just loves to be with Mama) and "uh oh" (which she loves to say as she throws things down from her high chair). Dh swears she says "Dada" but I'm not sure. She also does a few signs "more" and "all done"............she was eating like a champ but is starting to be a bit pickier about what she has.......not sure if it's possibly related to the teeth. I'm on a bit of extended mat leave so I have another few months off with the girls before I head back full time. Here's a picture of her last weekend:

268340_10150709850905262_786030261_19609348_4032084_n.jpg

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#17 of 62 Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 AM

MJB, your little Edie is such a sweet heart! and now I want cake :)

#18 of 62 Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post

I'm in the same boat............but I'm not rushing getting rid of the bottle.......not even worried about it yet. I weaned at 9 months (suppy issues) and Ainsley gets 3 bottles a day as well, morning, before afternoon nap and before bed. In between she does solids, snacks and a sippy of water. She's not overly keen on the sippy of water, she'll drink a bit but spits a lot out too so at this point she actually needs the bottle to get enough fluids. She absolutely LOVES her bottle, the moment she sees it she starts crying for it and as soon as she hits the change table after her bath she starts yelling/screaming for it. I think they are only little for a short time and I'm not rushing it. ODD had a bottle until about 18 months...........I hardly even remember her being that age and having a bottle so it's just not an issue here. Eventually I'll cut out the nap bottle and go with morning and night........but not yet. I know she's not going to kindergarten still having a bottle.....so, sometime before then :).

Yeah...Annie still loves her bottle, too. And her diet is till about at least 80% formula; 20% (or less) solids. She didn't take to solids very well, and plus we started her relatively late. She'll be 1 in a month and I'm trying to get her to eat more solids. The sippy cup, she doesn't even really like. She can drink out of it, but she doesn't love it.

So....for those who formula-feed, when do you transition them off formula completely? And if you still do a bottle, do you change form formula to cow's milk? Or from baby formula to one of those "toddler" formulas I've seen around?

caffix.gif
#19 of 62 Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post

Yeah...Annie still loves her bottle, too. And her diet is till about at least 80% formula; 20% (or less) solids. She didn't take to solids very well, and plus we started her relatively late. She'll be 1 in a month and I'm trying to get her to eat more solids. The sippy cup, she doesn't even really like. She can drink out of it, but she doesn't love it.

So....for those who formula-feed, when do you transition them off formula completely? And if you still do a bottle, do you change form formula to cow's milk? Or from baby formula to one of those "toddler" formulas I've seen around?

We are doing half FF and half BF, so DS nurses before bed and first thing in the morning and then gets 2 bottles during the day.  I have started this week doing half formula and half cow's milk to get him used to the taste, and then we'll gradually shift to just the cow's milk.  But he eats like a horse (Mumma what's that?  Onion bagel with cream cheese?  GIMME!  Salsa?  GIMME! A banana? GIMME!).  If he was more picky about his solids I would probably stick with formula for longer. 

In other news, M is walking all around!  Sometimes he even tries to run.  He still only has a few words - da da and yeah.  He has just four teeth but has been really drooly lately so I'm thinking some more are on their way.  We just got back from our very first vacation - here are some pictures!

splish splash mumma.jpg

This one above is us at the water park.  (That's my little niece next to us - she's 2 1/2 and she sure had fun meeting her cousin for the first time!)

In my turtle pool.jpg

And this smaller picture is M playing in the wading pool which he loved!  We also took him to the ocean as the tide was going out and he thought crawling around in the sand and muck was about the greatest thing ever love.gif  He's a beach baby just like his parents!

#20 of 62 Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:

We've just been transitioning over the last few weeks, I started mixing formula with cow's milk and we just finished our last container of formula this morning so she'll be on straight cow's milk. Three 6oz bottles a day and solids with sippy of water in between. She's a pretty good eater so I'm fine with doing cow's milk........if she wasn't I might stick with formula for awhile longer.

#21 of 62 Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 PM

Thanks mamas! One more quick question....does cow's milk have the same (or roughly the same) calories as formula?

ETA: can't seem to find this info via google... :/

caffix.gif
#22 of 62 Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks mamas! One more quick question....does cow's milk have the same (or roughly the same) calories as formula?

ETA: can't seem to find this info via google... :/

4 oz of milk has about 75 calories; 4 oz of formula (mine, at least) has about 80 calories.  I know the nutrient content is the big variance.  I feel like there's a chart somewhere that breaks all this down... hmmm... ah found it!  This is actually to compare one brand of baby formula to others, but it includes breast milk and cow's milk as comparison points too.

http://www.naturesone.com/pdf/N1-LeadingDairyBrands.pdf#view=FitH,0

Looks like the big difference is that cow's milk has more protein and fewer carbs, where formula has less protein and more carbs.  Plus the formula is vitamin fortified.

#23 of 62 Old 07-23-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBirdy View Post

Quote:

4 oz of milk has about 75 calories; 4 oz of formula (mine, at least) has about 80 calories.  I know the nutrient content is the big variance.  I feel like there's a chart somewhere that breaks all this down... hmmm... ah found it!  This is actually to compare one brand of baby formula to others, but it includes breast milk and cow's milk as comparison points too.

http://www.naturesone.com/pdf/N1-LeadingDairyBrands.pdf#view=FitH,0

Looks like the big difference is that cow's milk has more protein and fewer carbs, where formula has less protein and more carbs.  Plus the formula is vitamin fortified.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for. :)

caffix.gif
#24 of 62 Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 AM

I shoulda seen this coming...my son still hasn't called me any variation of "Mom," but yesterday, he very clearly, twice, said "hi five" in proper context.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#25 of 62 Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
MJB

Edie's been saying a lot of new words lately. She says mama, dada, hi, bye bye, kitty, meow, dog, up (bup! bup!), tickle tickle, yeah, no (also with head shake), more, nuss (nurse, with sign), Rob. She's a little parrot. 

She's really into other toddlers right now and loves to give them hugs and kisses. She also loooves water of any sort-- baths, pools, splash pads, whatever. 

#26 of 62 Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM

DS has been walking well since 10 months old and now has 5 words mama, bye bye yeah, yay and da-ey, (daddy). He also shakes his head if he wants something I offer him and gives kisses. He knows where mommy's nose and teeth are. He is super affectionate and sweet. A total mamas boy. We are still nursing and even more so now since he's becoming a picky eater. eyesroll.gif His teeth are coming in full speed ahead, so the last few nights have been just stupendous!

#27 of 62 Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Got my threads all mixed up. That's what sleep deprivation does to ya! dizzy.gifWhat I posted in the carrier thread by accident:

As for us, DS has three teeth and started saying mama! love.gifHe's also started screaching and grinding his teeth. That's miserable. hammer.gifI can't stand hearing it.  He's also walking so well now that he's really practicing running. It's like he KNOWS he should be able to go much faster than a walk and wants to do so badly. Sleep is still aweful, too.

#28 of 62 Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 AM

Does anybody else have a fearless toddler?  Check out that flash of green... that's my son... booking it down the beach yesterday!  Luckily the water was really cold so he wouldn't go in any higher than his ankles.

no fear.jpg

#29 of 62 Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 AM

Anyone have any recommendations as far as night time diapers? My son pees through his diapers almost every single night!! I am so sick of washing sheets and remaking a bed every day!

#30 of 62 Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
He's also started screaching and grinding his teeth. That's miserable. hammer.gifI can't stand hearing it. 

DS grinds his teeth on and off (I think when a new one is coming) and it drives me NUTS.  I hate that sound!  Is it too early for molers?  He already has 8 teeth and is drooling like a fountain and chewing on EVERYTHING.  Speaking of teeth, I've been really annoyed lately that no one talked about baby teeth while I was pregnant.  I mean, I know my nutrition is baby's nutrition while pregnant, but no one ever mentioned the effect (affect?) of it on his forming teeth. I know I didn't get enough calcium (because everyone was so concerned about my iron) and now I'm really worried about DSs teeth (no reason to be yet).

On the plus side:  He pulled up on my legs this morning where I was standing and looked at me and distinctly said "mama"!!!!!  According to DP he's been saying it, but this was the first time I absolutely for sure knew he said and meant it!  joy.gif He has also been trying to stand up on his own - which usually looks like he's launching himself at me when I'm sitting in front of him LOL  I will help him to stand then slowly remove my hands while saying "ready? ready?" and he has gone from being able to balance about 3 seconds to being able to balance almost a minute in just the past 3 days!  THIS is the exciting stuff ladies!  I'm reading another signing book that I'm liking so far (Signing Smart with Babies & Toddlers) and am hoping to start that really soon.  Communication will make such a difference to me.

As for diapers, if you're looking for cloth - we use SBish snappiable.  I usually use both of the inserts taht come with it, I snappy that together, then add another insert/doubler outside that (I think it's joey something or other and part hemp and has green stitching around the outside edge), then a huge PUL cover over it all.  I haven't had a leak yet, though some mornings it's really soaked cuz he nursed ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

LittleBirdy - DS is not a fearless toddler yet, though he might be headed that way (I hope, as frightening as it will be for me).  He's certainly not afraid to crawl up and down the stairs much faster than I thought he could!  Gotta get that baby gate up.  Yesterday he got to the top of the stairs while I was washing bottles!  I just hope he doesn't hurt himself too badly when he does eventually fall!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page