Infants/toddlers that stay dry at night? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-17-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have an infant and/or toddler that stays dry most if not all night?

My oldest had the hardest time staying dry, I just find it odd that my youngest has been dry at night since about 6m. She even nurses 2-6 times a night. I do ec but it mostly works in the morning which isn't hard because she has a full bladder!

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#2 of 11 Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM

My dd has stayed dry over night since she was 18 months old. She is now 30 months. As long as she wears a disposable diaper, if I put her in cloth then she soaks through it onto the bed. My dd gets lots of fluids just good bladder control I guess.
#3 of 11 Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM

My dd has been dry at night since about 19 months.  She's 2.5 now.  She's fully potty trained at this point, though still needs help wiping.  We still put her in the Imse Vimse training pants at night in case she doesn't make it to the potty in the morning, but she usually does.

Jane: mama to 3 angels and The Champ(11/08) and Baby Z appearing in December

#4 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 05:34 AM

My DS was dry through the night at a very young age (I can't remember how old exactly).  If I checked his diaper when we first woke up it would be dry so I just got in the habit of waiting til after breakfast to change it.  And when we started potty learning we went diaper free including nights.  He did better at night than through the day!  He had a couple accidents in bed but always in the early morning never during the night.  And overall potty-learning was very easy for him (took maybe 6 weeks (4 weeks of doing very well while naked, 2 weeks to figure out boxers, done by 28 months).

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#5 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM

My middle son was dry through the night starting at 12 mths.  My oldest wasn't until 4 yrs old and my youngest(3 yrs old) isn't dry at night yet.

Cassie, mom to Alex(4/7/05), Aidan(7/12/07), and Andrew(8/18/08)

#6 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DS was dry through the night from about 6 weeks on. DD is usually dry through the night, but she didn't start that until about 12 mo.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#7 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My DD was dry at night starting at about 6-7 months.  (She did sometimes need to pee during the night, but she never peed in her sleep, and since she slept with me I could tell when she needed to go and I'd just take her to the bathroom.)  From my experience with her and things I read, I got the idea that even young babies didn't normally pee in their sleep.  Then DS came along, and I found that he did pee in his sleep.  He's 5 now, and still occasionally does. 

#8 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My DD has been waking up dry since she was about 5-6 months old. I guess she hated sleeping in a wet diaper. It made potty training very easy.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#9 of 11 Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Both my kids were almost always dry by at 16-18m and then had a big flood. We capitialized on it and both day trained and night trained at the same time. Has helped with potty learning for sure.

#10 of 11 Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Our DD was SOAKED in the morning until she became potty trained during the day at 23 months. Now she wakes up dry almost every morning, but pees within a 5 or so minutes of waking.

We still have her in a diaper overnight though. Havent even begun night training. Just laziness on our part.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#11 of 11 Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Our DD has been dry overnight almost completely since she was 5 mos old.  Even our Ped was surprised by this.  She's almost 23 mos now and is nearing potty learning readiness (and willingness!  LOL).

Now: Mama of 2! Worker Bee happily married to my DH, motorcycle riding mama to H 8/99 and K 8/09.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page