Nov~Dec 2002 tots - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'm not keen on the new look for the forum but that's irrelevant. I'm just gonna give a little internal nod to my discomfort with it and carry on. Sooo...last week's quick foray into no nightnursing turned out to be a blip on the mothering road. We're back to the all-night-suction-cup-nursing-and-must-be-on-mama-at-all-times waltz. Oh what a dance it is

On Saturday we discovered a creek. It was such fun wading with ds, the pebbles were shining with water, the water was freezing, the smell of mud in the air, the trees stretching round us, the sun filtering thru the leaves, and that wonderful sound and feeling of children and outdoors and natural water... Today I bought him some little wading shoes to wear so we're gonna go back and try it out again.

Mona the "soy" article is in the latest May/June issue of Mothering. Check out the good eating forum, there's a whole thread on it.

Ok mamas
#302 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This new board makes me feel all disoriented. Is there still a "since your last visit" button. Ipoushed new threads but only a few threads came up.

Other disturbing things this weekend - there was a drive by shooting 2 blocks from my house. 2 blocks! my oldest can ride (uh, well, could, no longer) her bike down to the corner putting her 1/2 - 1 block away from the shooting. That is close enough to catch a bullet. My friend and relestate guy both told us torun from thie neighborhood, but dang it is pretty in the summer. and our house, despite being on a corner seems so secluded by all the trees. we quickly found out what a false assumption that was. ahhh, we knew the neighborhood was going to pot but it usually stays off our block. guess not.

Back to having three. I think one of the reasons I find three easier is that it forced me to cange my roll. suddenely I had all these things to coordinate, I had to be organized enough to get us in and out of the store (no small thing with three) , had to organize nap time and bed time for everyone. there was no flying by the seat of my pants. It was now a job. something that had to be done in a systemic oirganized fasion if every9ones needs were to be met. I only wish I could have figured this out with 1 child. things would have gone much smoother.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#303 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 07:25 PM

Oh my gosh Lilyka!! That IS scary. I know because we had a drive by shooting in the apartment complex we just moved from. It was just one building over so I know your fears exactly. I can't find the hug icon so I will give you this and I know no one here will be opposed!
#304 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 07:32 PM

lilyka-- drive by shootings For some reason I don't think of South Dakota as having those problems.

DecemberSun-- Thanks for mentioning the Susun Weed forum! I just signed myself up, I am purpleherbalista over there. I completed a 9 month herbology course a few years ago, but since having the girls haven't done much studying. I am so excited to have a forum to discuss plants!

Also, we have entered the CD world! I bought a bunch of diapers off the TP forum and my first 2 came today. I was showing the girls and Revina says "oh wow, those are pretty diapers!" :LOL

You know what bugs my the most about this new forum... the smilies are all out of order! I have to look and look for what I want.

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#305 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 09:55 PM

Ahhh, you would be surprised Sioux Falls is a pretty big city (not like huge but big enough to have the haves and have nots and no where bigger to funnle the trouble to) and South dakota as a whole has some of the most poverty stricken coiunties in the US. I belive Shannon county is #1. we also have the largest percentage of working moms, kids in a daycare and highest SIDS rate in the nation. Tada! Welcome to south dakota Also I should mention I do live in the hood. It is hit and miss. one street wil be good and the other will not. And believe it or not the very bad neighborhood and the bad neighbor hood are seperated by train tracks, so litterly you have "that block is on the wrong side of the tracks you don't want to live there. Most violence in our neighborhood happens on the tracks or across it but occaisionally it drifts over to our side. Like I sadi. we gotta move.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#306 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 09:56 PM

So Eli's decided that ready or not, he's going to get himself out of diapers. Yesterday I went to teach Sunday School and Eli stayed home with daddy... and peed on the potty three times! The first time Mike put him on, but the second & third times he took off his diaper and went by himself with a gentle reminder. The fourth time, he took off the diaper and pooped on the floor. :LOL Even so, Mike could see Eli's dedication to potty learning, so he has agreed to do it with him in the evenings when he's home. Soon, we'll have a new problem.. how to find underpants for a boy with no tushie!!! :LOL Seriously.. my son has no hips at all. He kind of caves in where his hips should be. Like Hank Hill only small, and cute. :LOL I posted to ask if anyone knew of teeny tiny underpants, thinking that there'd be some EC'ers who'd know for sure, but apparently even the skinniest ones can wear a 2T.. Eli definately can't. There's just no , iykwim. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#307 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 09:57 PM

Oh and they have arrested the guys who did the shooting and don't think it was gang related (which they tend to go to more quickly than they need to because having gang problems gets us special funding . . . .) and they don't think it was random and it did hit the guy who it was aimed at not some innocent bystander. All of which are good things for the people in the neighborhood.. Doesn't help the guy who got shot, but you lay down with dogs. . . .

#308 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 10:00 PM

eilonwy - check target or Kohls. They often have boxers in infant sizes. 12 months and up. Also you may want to try girls 2T undies. they are tiny. Seriously tiny. And the gerber training pants fit tight. My children both wore 3T/4T even though they wore a 24M/2T when they astarted wearing them. Hope you find something. Are you opposed to pull ups? I know they make those pretty small. and they would give him some padding to keep his pants up :LOL

#309 of 548 Old 04-26-2004, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka
eilonwy - check target or Kohls. They often have boxers in infant sizes. 12 months and up. Also you may want to try girls 2T undies. they are tiny. Seriously tiny. And the gerber training pants fit tight. My children both wore 3T/4T even though they wore a 24M/2T when they astarted wearing them. Hope you find something. Are you opposed to pull ups? I know they make those pretty small. and they would give him some padding to keep his pants up :LOL
I didn't know that the girls were smaller than the boys, but that was what I tried on him (an old pair of his cousin's-- he didn't mind the flowers. :LOL) I'll have to look for the infant sized boxers, though, I've never seen them. The gerber training pants are too big even in the 2T, and the smallest pull-up (which is actually a pampers easy-up) says it's a 1T-2T but is so big in the legs that it's barely useful. (To say nothing of the fact that we a)can't afford them and b)I'm morally opposed to disposeable training pants. :LOL) Plus, wearing a disposeable anything none of his pants stay up-- the only reason he wears 12 month size shorts is the giant cloth diaper. :LOL : In a disposeable diaper, Eli needs 3-6 or 6-9 month shorts. His body is longer than that, and his legs, so the size he actually needs is an 18 month super-slim... but they haven't made those in 30+ years. He's just a miniman! :

#310 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:23 AM

hey...on the panties issue (is it still panties for boys? probably not. sounds too girly!). Do you sew? I have the kwik sew pattern for toddlers panties (umm, girls that is). Ijust cut out the 1T pattern pieces to try a swim suit for my dd and they look kinda tiny. As in would probably qualify for 18 month super slim. And what about the mother of eden (or similar) training pants like naturalbabies.com sells? Do they come that small?

lilyka - yowzers.

I think I missed a lot of posts cause ya'll were very talkative today and I can't figure out how to get it to recognize me without logging in each post. urgh.

on setting the email thing....when you are replying scroll down to the additional options. there are actually two different places where you can tell it to submit your reply. right above the bottom one.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#311 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 02:05 AM

welcome aisling. sounds like we have the same age kids. and you've got three boys. whew. my boys keep me running.

solsticemama, i'm glad you sound okay with the nightweaning/notnightweaning.

it is called "underwear" for boys. which neither of my boys
care for.....
eilonwy do you want something absorbent or not? waterproof or not?
#312 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 02:06 AM

Holy cow he is tiny. Have you considered having someone make some. My MIL swears undies are a snap but I couldn't tell ya :LOL perhaps with an adjustable waist band

and there is always comando

Oh! Maybe look in the newborn section and find some diaper sets. They come with a little dioaper cover and tank top usually. The diaper covers are usually just a cotton knit (carters makes them) and look quite like undies. Those might be an option if they were high enough in the rise.

#313 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 12:49 PM

I'm not sure.. I think I want something semi-absorbant; that is, if he starts to pee in his underwear, I want to know about it but I don't want him to drown himself, kwim? :LOL I don't think we'll ever need waterproof ones. We take long car trips all the time, and I can just put diapers on him for those. It's not like he's going to outgrow them any time soon! He's a petite fella, that's for sure! :LOL

The whole commando thing scares me.. first of all, I can't tell when Eli's going to pee if he's naked; if he's wearing something, he'll try to take it off before going and I'll know to get him to the potty, but if he's naked he'll just pee/poop where he is. Secondly, I worry about chaffing and third, my brother had a bad experience as a child.. I don't want my son's bits getting caught on anything! :

This morning, Eli woke me up to inform me "I go potty now." He took off his diaper and I said "Quick, come to the potty!" He ran after me, I showed him the potty and he sat down & peed! He's getting out of diapers, whether I'm ready or not! :LOL

#314 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:08 PM

Gosh eilonwy that's quite something to have such wee one out of dipes. He sounds pretty aware of his body. Luckily for you you don't have a cloth diaper addiction :LOL Altho with the new one coming that wouldn't be a problem. I just noticed in your sig line the 'it's a girl' Blessings.

For all our pregnant mamas have you chosen names yet?

We had a great time at the creek yesterday. It was sooo hot but nice and cool by the water. It's a pretty crunchy place. I saw a nursing toddler, a baby wearing bumkins and a mama using a sling. In fact I saw 2 mamas wearing slings yesterday. I felt quite at home there. Ds had a great time. Thankfully I thought to bring a change of clothes 'cause he promptly sat down in the water and spent the better part of an hour simply playing with the pebbles, giving them to me, tossing them in the water, splashing. It was great fun.

It's so fascinating hearing him ask the names of things and then repeating the word as he is able. I'm so enjoying being able to witness his language unfolding. Makes me realize how physical language actually is, how muscular. The tongue has to learn to move in a certain way, that muscle has to be developped and I can almost feel the newness on his tongue as he is sounding out new words.

Right now his favorite food is 'bewy'. That would be strawberry. And sometimes down is up and down is down but up is never down. And when he bumps himself he scrunches up his little nose and says 'oh...sowee' He's heard me say 'sorry' when I've accidentally bumped him getting him into the car etc. It's sooo sweet.

It's my morning 'off' but we've been up since six and I've done a load of laundry, lots of nursing, diaper changing, and spent alot of time in the garden identifying flower, bird, door, water, sky etc etc. Right now ds and dh are on a walk and I'm about to go and have breakkie but I just wanted to check in with my mamas
#315 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *solsticemama*
Gosh eilonwy that's quite something to have such wee one out of dipes. He sounds pretty aware of his body. Luckily for you you don't have a cloth diaper addiction :LOL Altho with the new one coming that wouldn't be a problem. I just noticed in your sig line the 'it's a girl' Blessings.

For all our pregnant mamas have you chosen names yet?

Thanks. :LOL Cloth diaper addictions are for people with money, so that's not a problem for me! :LOL :

We have two names and have decided that we need to lay eyes on NewBean before we choose. We've also talked about a few other names, so nothing is carved in stone yet, as it were.

#316 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:30 PM

eilonwy, is he circed? there's protection if the foreskin is intact. as for the no underwear issue, and many others, the earlier they are used to it the less likely accidents occur and the easier it is in the long run. knowing some ec might also help you with the seeming randomness of peeing. since he is trying to strip before the event, he seems to know beforehand....i'm still thinking about the underwear design.....

on a side note, i read a facts of life book to the boys the other day called where did i come from.
#317 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:33 PM

Hi Momma's-

Georgia peed in the potty today! We had a bad night and woke uip pretty late (8:40!) I was changing her diaper and I had to go so I took her naked but into the bathroom and sat her down on the potty while I peed and when I was done I heard her peeing!!!!!

Where has my baby gone?

Amy
#318 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 01:47 PM

Casina, Eli never had an intact foreskin-- he was born without one. He had a Bris, but there was not much to snip so he had a slightly different ceremony and now he looks the same as when he was born; nothing like most boys at all.

Even so.. can't a foreskin get caught in a zipper the same way as any other bit of skin? Not that he has too many zippered items now (the winter pajamas have been put away) but he will soon enough!

abranger-- I'm asking the same question. What on earth happened to the Littlest Man I brought home from the hospital, and who is this little boy I see in his place? I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I'm totally impressed with him, everything he does is so amazing to me, but at the same time I'm trying to figure out what happened to the newborn days. They totally got away from me! One minute, he's just learned to roll over and then you blink and he's running around and asking you to take him to the potty. I'm afraid sometimes that I'll go to sleep at night and wake up to find him asking me to take him to get his driver's license. :LOL

#319 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Solsticemama- I laughed out loud reading your post about your DS saying "sowee"! I'm feeling the exact same way about my boy and his talking. He tries to repeat everything I say to him, watching my mouth and how it moves. He says a new word again and again until he's satisfied with how it sounds, LOL. It's just amazing. I mean, I know he's 16 months old, and he understands almost all of what I say to him, but it's just plain WEIRD when your little baby starts naming things, and expressing his ideas and thoughts in little words. I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it.

On another note, I've been having problems with insomnia lately. I've never had this problem before, and I have no idea what's causing it. I had a KILLER migraine yesterday and last night that was seriously making me suicidal and for the life of me I couldn't even sleep it off! I laid awake from 9:30pm until about 1am when I could finally doze until about 3:30. Then I was up again until 4:30, fell lightly back to sleep, and then woke up at 7 to get Crystal ready for school. Any wise women have ideas for me? Right now I feel like a zombie. I know I'm tired, but I just can NOT sleep. I'm off to susunweed.com to see if anyone has any herbal remedies for me that are safe while breastfeeding.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#320 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 02:28 PM

yeah, we don't do zippers. i'm about to have to buy as much elastic as i can stand since i go through it so quickly. and there's always those little walmart shorts for 2 or 3 dollars, that maybe you can use for underwear. clay makes me cut out all the tags out of his clothes as well, and the button down shirts are frustrating for them and get set aside for tshirt independence. the foreskin could get caught i suppose but the chafing is not as much an issue.

they are still babies. it is hard to believe and will be even more so when you have a littler one. that's why i need getting out to reed's all ages kung fu and the park, to see the older children and remind me how little mine are. it is humbling to see an eight year old crying over a frustration and being held by a mom.

eilonwy, look into foodstamps. when we got them before ruby was born i couldn't believe we could have qualified all this time. look online for charts, just to give you an idea of if you are in within the guidelines. if you are paying for vehicles or credit cards they will not deduct that however towards the food amount. for a family of three the income needs to be around 1600 and under. don't quote me on that though! i'm not sure if that is earned income or not, since we were on worker's comp when we started. our food amount went up when damen started working part time.
#321 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 03:13 PM

All this talk about potties is crazy!!! I can't believe it. Tyson's cousin has a potty and he sat on it today (clothed) and was all proud of himself. Maybe I need to buy one just in case...

I'm wondering if any of you have left your kids overnight yet??? Dh and some friends want to go to a baseball game 4 hours away and spend the night in Sept. I would love to go but I just don't know about leaving DS. He still night nurses but will be 22 months by then, I guess I could just make it my goal for him to be night weaned. I think he would do ok otherwise, I would probably pump some milk just in case he'd want it from a cup or whatever. THe ironic thing is, two of the other moms going will have a 5 month old and a 3 month old and one is excited to leave her 5 month old, the other is not sure, more like me. The longest I've ever been gone from DS is 5 hours.

So, have you left overnight? Would you think about taking this trip at 22 months? What about being over 4 hours away?
#322 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 03:20 PM

I had a thought about the tiny underwear. Nothing earth shattering but you might want to ask on the EC board. they might have some tips for you. Since many of thier children PT early.

#323 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 06:31 PM

Leah, I've got a mild headache right now and last week had one that lasted for 3 days. I think mine are hormonally related. I also tend to get one if I haven't drunk enough water. As for the insomnia, oh s to you mama. Not fun! I find that often before a full moon I may have a bout of sleeplessness for a few nights in a row. YK awake for 3 or more hours at some point in the night. When you described your night and then having to be up and on so early the next day I really felt for you. It's not like we've all got a huge bank of good sleep to begin with so starting the day even more tired than usual is

Bethkm I haven't left ds over night. The longest I think I've been away from him is about 3 hrs and he's been with dh then and I've been only about 20 mins. away. I'm scheduled to attend a birth in July and there's a slight possibility I would have to be 5 hrs. away distance-wise from ds depending on where we are when the mama goes into labor. Well I decided I just don't want to be 5 hrs. away, it's too far YK. So I'm gonna have to work around it.
#324 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 07:33 PM

About training pants for babies. Dd's been out of diapers since 10 months, and into training pants since 12 months. She wears the 2T size. They are too big by themselves, but pull pants over them, and the combination bulk keeps them up. I don't think anyone NEEDS underwear, but we had a short not-pooping-on-the-potty phase and this way the turds stayed in the panties instead of falling out her pant leg and littering my house... fun. And that's what potty-training at any age is, fun! There are going to be accidents whether they start at 1 year, 2, 3 or anywhere in between. So don't expect it to be a neat and tidy experience... I can understand wanting kids to be in diapers, some days I would LOVE to put dd in diapers! But I just can't look into her innocent but eagerly learning face and say "sorry sweetie, I'm busy, just use your pants and sit in it."

I haven't been away from dd for even a 2 hour stretch yet. I think we could probably both use the break, but I'm not ready to actually go through with it...
#325 of 548 Old 04-27-2004, 08:50 PM

how bizarre that w/ all this potty talk, my dd suddenly pulled her little potty off the shelf in the corner and dragged it to the center of the room to play with. we had gotten it for her w/ intentions of ec'ing, but that never happened. i don't know what it means, but thought it was a funny coincidence. :LOL

dd has started to screeetch loudly the last couple days if something doesn't go her way. she looks like she is in pain. it is a frightful sight. it usually happens when i don't stop what i'm doing and pay attention to her. i am caught in what to do about it. i want to honor her needs, but don't really like the mode she is telling me- i don't want her to always do this tantrum screetch when she is ready for me to get off the computer, for example. so far i've just told her that i'll be done in a second, finish what i'm doing, and then let her take me by the hand into another area to play or whatever. it seems to work ok so far. i know that she is a bit more needy emotionally right now as she is going through another developmental leap phyiscally. she is climbing more and going outside her comfort zone in some areas, whcih means she is emotionally more needy. so lots of breastfeeding, snuggling and holding in between the climbing events.

she is not saying many words yet, but points to things and wants to know what they are, or wants to hear me confirm that they are indeed what she already knows them to be. i can see the wheels turning up in her head, but she has no desire to repeat or say much, that i can understand anyway.
i mean, she is talking a lot more, but i just don't know exactly what she is saying....

in regards to the insomnia-- i heard that magnesium is important for sleep, and calcium ups the body's ability to absorb mag. i take a mag, calcium and zinc combo before i go to bed.

headaches--- ME TOO!!! right behind my eyes! yuch. i hate those. being tired makes them so much worse.

well, i guess i've rambled on long enough.

sleep well mamas!!!!!

#326 of 548 Old 04-28-2004, 12:13 AM

Hi there, Mum's.
I am a transplanted Brit by way of Florida, now in living in Rhode Island.
I haven't posted much, but love to lurk, I really enjoy reading everyone's opinions and ways of doing things. So interesting.
What a great web site!

I was glad to see this thread, our dd was born 12/03/02 ,7 lb 3 oz, had a bumpy entry into this world, will eat just about anything you put infront of her, absolutely loves to climb, kiss her mum, dad and kitty, and her Elmo!! She hates to brush her teeth ,we haven't succeded an attempted brush yet!

Aren't they just so great at this age We just can't stop kissing her!
Love to you all

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#327 of 548 Old 04-28-2004, 12:46 AM

decembersun, i'm having the same problem for me it is allergy related. and the changes of spring. i feel much better at night so i keep staying up.....

beth, it can be done and it will help you if you trust the person you are leaving your baby with and he is comfortable with the caregiver. i would play it by ear. my little experience with leaving little ones is that they tend not to wake as much if i'm not there. it is something i have been musing about since me and dh want to start a band. generally attached babies cope well in unusual circumstances. it is really about you as all parenting decisions are about. it is a balance of how much fun you can have when you leave the baby. if you are going to be worried the whole time and delirious and short-tempered because your breasts are full then and come back and hear that he cried, you will be hard on yourself and regret leaving. if you really want to go, knowing that it will feel a little weird but that you will feel refreshed and knowing your little one has had you 400 nights versus one, then it will be fine and well worth it.

i had fallen into a bad pattern with my kids where i did not want to wake up for the past week. i already wake up sour, and for the first time in five years they are okay awake without my supervision since reed will tolerate having ruby's company as an alternate to having mine. he can't stand to be alone. so i had acquired a habit of not popping out of bed, especially with morning nursing. the other morning reed was stomping so hard the house is shaking, clay kicking me in the head and ruby smearing strawberries on me and the bed, me yelling hiding under the pillow, even more convinced i should not get out of bed. i realized later that day that i needed to act like the adult and get out of bed as soon as reed does no matter what. my behavior seems ridiculous now. and no, most kids are not as wild and crazy as mine.
#328 of 548 Old 04-28-2004, 01:22 AM

ella-makes-3

casina-- I just hate the days I wake up grumpy. It seems like the whole day is just ruined, mainly b/c I don't try hard enough to get my head together. And it reflects in the girls, b/c they are grumpy with each other. Which spirals into the everyone is grumpy and mean show. I had the same realization last weekend that I have to suck it up, be the adult and get over my mood! Easier said then done sometimes.

*solsticemama*-- your days at the creek sound wonderful. Both of my little water signs adore the water. It would be lovely to live near fresh running water.

Decembersun-- did you get any help at susunweed.com? While in school we learned that feverfew is good for migraines. However, I have never had one (knock on wood!), so I can't speak from experience. IMO, the majority of herbs are safe while nursing as long as your not drinking a bottle of tincture a day!

Is anyone into astrology? I know just a little, but would like to find out more about my little Scorpio! Some of you have Sagitarius babes and maybe some Capricorns?

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#329 of 548 Old 04-28-2004, 01:58 AM

i have no personal experience with migraines but my friends tell me that oxygen affects them. perhaps pay attention to your breathing and look into liquid oxygen?
#330 of 548 Old 04-28-2004, 02:13 AM

Casina - there must be something in the air. I was exactly there a couple of weeks ago. Forunately I had a homeschool camp for the last two weeks (I was teaching and offered to take my friends kids) so I drug my tired butt out of bed at 7:30 every morning. I htink i will continue to do that now that I am in the habit. I am actually looking forward to tomarrow because 2 of them are sick and I can quick run the big kids to class come home and have cleaning time while my vegatable babies are vegging in front of the TV (we have a no holds barred video and PBS fest when anyone has a fever over 103*. That is just the rule.)

Someone reassure me. If your baby has a high fever but otherwise feels pretty OK there is no reason to do anything about it right (except for a favorite blankie and extra kisses of course.) Madeline used ot get fevers up to 105* and it never bothered me. And that was on a pretty regular basis. But gees I just took my sweet baby to bed and she was on fire. I should take her temp. She was by far the hottest child I have ever felt. Also what should I watch for with dehydration again? (it has been a long time since anyone has really been sick) My other kids can throw up for days without a hint of dehydration. Ava has had a fever for a little over 24 hours and I don't recalk any really wet diapers and no poops. That concerns me a little. Should I be freaking? should I just watch. why have i turned into a parenting freak with this one!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page