Nov~Dec 2002 tots - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
First ... 7  15  16  17 18  19 
Life with a Toddler > Nov~Dec 2002 tots
lilmiss'mama's Avatar lilmiss'mama 05:07 PM 05-11-2004
s brayg

Mona's Avatar Mona 05:27 PM 05-11-2004
we are continueing w/ poop dramas here today too. 3 so far. yuch!!!! i am not preggers, but they are just like newborn poops as she is still not eating much after her virus last week. i guess that it why. and maybe the teething? anyway, they are so gross. and dunking them.... where is that damn puke emote. anyway, you get the picture !!!!!!!

eilonwy's Avatar eilonwy 05:38 PM 05-11-2004
Make that four. I'm losing it, I seriously am!

All he eats is yogurt and bananas... I just feel like nothing can counter the power of colostrum for pushing poop out. Surely there's something I can do to keep from losing my mind in a sea of poop....
rubysmomjess's Avatar rubysmomjess 06:04 PM 05-11-2004
Hi all!
I just found this thread...I mama to Ruby, born 12/19/02. She is one busy girl! She craweld at six months and walked at 10.5 months ( I have video of her in her hallowen costume drooling on toys and taking itty bitty step-LOL). She sleeps in our room, either in her pack-n-play or on our bed. We did vax, 'cause i didn't know any better at the time ... although when I started to asked questions our ped let us spread them out a bit. We stopped breastfeeding when she was cutting teeth and stopped nursing and I was struggling with PPD...kind of a disaster all together. I hope with our next one (TTC now) we'll be able to BF a lot longer.

I could talk about Ruby all day long...she's talking all the time (said her first understandable sentenece yesterday! - "Hailey move!" - Hailey's the dog) and climbing everything.

I love reading about all your babies!
DecemberSun's Avatar DecemberSun 09:54 PM 05-11-2004
OK, I don't care who thinks I am a big DORK, but we saw The Wiggles LIVE a couple weeks ago!!! It was so fun, the kids loved it! Julianna and DH got to shake Jeff's hand, and Murray walked right by my mom and I and said hi. I especially love the song about the flowers afraid of the rain... "And they were blue ba da ba pa, and red ba da ba pa, and yellow ba da ba pa, and purple too!" DH can play some of their songs on guitar, the kids love it. Zach's favorite song is the "rock-a-bye-a-bear" one, he loves doing the actions.

I'm feeling bad about the poopy problems, mamas... Good luck!
kerc's Avatar kerc 10:47 PM 05-11-2004
wow a lot to catch up on.

poop. ohhh my. feed that kiddo some naturally constipating foods: bananas and rice come to mind. My own dear child had about 4 poopy dipes today and then pooped 3 different times in the tub. No more fruit tomorrow for her! This many dunking, poopy dipes is enough for me to say get a DISPOSABLE DIAPER honey! In fact I didn't have enough clean dipes and dh can't wash dipes and well, dd is in a sposie right now.

welcome to the new mamas. I haven't checked in in a while so I can't recall, but it seems like there were three?

speech. Funny you should bring it up sandra. I heard a speech person talk today about normal childhood speech. It was really fascinating. Basically she said if you are insured and you think there might be a problem, the best thing to do was to do as you did -- get an evaluation done. Our public schools is free too. Erin is saying a lot of words, almost overnight. She's I think the oldest of the regulars here. But literally I heard five new words today.

and one makes mama's heart melt moment: today we were walking by the toy box and erin stopped, bent down and kissed her teddy before leaving the house.
Brayg's Avatar Brayg 12:04 AM 05-12-2004
Leah--I would do just about anything to get to a Wiggles show. I don't think they are coming to our area anytime soon though. I love that song too--we have 3 Wiggles CDs that we listen to over and over and over and over and over...again. :LOL

to all the new mamas!

Still sorry 'bout the poop woes.

Kristin--Owen is kissing everything lately. It's just so darned precious! Makes my heart melt. He is also blowing kisses. :*)

He fell down and got a skinned up knee this morning. I got him a bandaid. He seemed very proud of it. It was a Spongebob one (He LOVES spongebob--calls it bob-bob). I'm just smitten w/him--the age he is at right now is just so fun--learning new things, words, etc. *sigh*
lilyka's Avatar lilyka 12:05 AM 05-12-2004
Ava has been on a pooping streak also. Crazy stuff. At least 6 times a day for the last 5 days. And she is hardly nursing at all anymore. Thank goodness it isn't runny.

fiber? good luck. perhaps now would be a good time to invest in a baby sitter for a few hours so you can at least escape the mess. s
HelloKitty's Avatar HelloKitty 10:01 AM 05-12-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
OK, I don't care who thinks I am a big DORK, but we saw The Wiggles LIVE a couple weeks ago!!!
YOU LUCKY DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and Cam are very jealous
DecemberSun's Avatar DecemberSun 02:38 PM 05-12-2004
The kids don't watch anything but The Wiggles, Bear in the Big Blue House, Teletubbies, and Barney. They're not into cartoons. DH likes to watch Scooby Doo, but the kids don't pay any attention to it after the opening song.

I admit that I popped in a Barney video this morning so I could vaccum and Swiffer the floor... Otherwise they'd be diving into the piles of dust bunnies and crying because they're afraid of the vaccum.

Zach still only has a BM once a week , and he's been skipping the potty and saving them for Saturdays when we're on the lake and he's in a sposie! Gross! Then we have to find a place to store it until we get home, and we get to smell it all day. Yummy. BUT, to me, that's better than dealing with poop smooshed into the carpet :LOL
majazama's Avatar majazama 03:39 PM 05-12-2004
I have never encountered this program. I don't want to get in the habit of letting my baby watch T.V., though I have used it a few times to have a shower (worked the first couple of times, then I started having a shower curtain peeping girl) The only "shows" that Haeven has really watched are the bear in the big blue house and little bear. I grew up without T.V., and I hope for her to have that when she is growing up.
DecemberSun's Avatar DecemberSun 03:53 PM 05-12-2004
The Wiggles are four guys on Disney who play instruments and sing songs and dance. They're Australian and they're really funny! I don't let them watch TV all day, but I don't feel bad at all letting them watch TV ocassionally. They LOVE music, and they enjoy dancing along with their favorite characters. I know it's a shocker, but they actually LEARN things from some of these shows. They're not all toxic, in my opinion...
Brayg's Avatar Brayg 04:07 PM 05-12-2004
I agree Leah--my oldest ds learned a TON from shows like Barney and Sesame Street. I let Owen watch the Wiggles every day. Of course, he doesn't sit through the whole thing, but he'll go play and come back...dance a little, go play, come back...
*solsticemama*'s Avatar *solsticemama* 05:46 PM 05-12-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmiss'mama
So, I tried to put Scarlett in the Kozy yesterday and she freaked! She did not want to be on my back! Guess who likes it?? Revina! Since Scarlett didn't want to be in it; she thought she would try it. I am going to keep trying with Scarlett though as I would prefer to carry the child who weighs less!
:LOL
Maybe dd#2 will see dd#1 enjoying it and want to be in it herself. I just got my Girasol. It's alot more complicated than the Kozy so I am still climbing its steep learning curve. It's a beautiful color tho so it's inspiring me to continue to learn to use it.

Ds's word of the day: foweree? Said with the inflection of a question. Translation: flower. It's sooo precious

We finally had our first good night in 2 weeks. Only 2 nightwakings. I felt like a new woman this morning. Nothin like sleep to restore body and soul.
lilmiss'mama's Avatar lilmiss'mama 06:03 PM 05-12-2004
I did get Scarlett in the Kozy yesterday, not without protest though. Once she was in and I started walking she liked it. However, it does come with its own set of problems... now that she can see what is on the counters she wants everything and was constantly trying to dive for stuff. I let her have a banana and then got her out, no banana hair for me! So she was only in for about 10 minutes, but it's a start.
Scarlett's new thing... if you tell her something she doesn't want to hear, she gets a real serious look on her face points her finger at you and says "whoa" It is so hard not to laugh!
And she is obsessed with frogs. I took the girls to Schramm Park where they have a small aquarium with fish native to NE and also a little indoor pond with fish, turtles, and frogs. All Scarlett wanted to do was stand and watch the "froggies." I took them outside to play in all the dandelions and she kept walking back to the door saying "froggies, froggies." And in all of her books she points out the frogs.
Do your little ones have a particular animal they love?
*solsticemama*'s Avatar *solsticemama* 06:37 PM 05-12-2004
Hey Brayg you're a senior member now Have you chosen a name?

Lilmiss'smama I laughed out loud reading about Scarlett and 'whoa' :LOL
Mona's Avatar Mona 06:59 PM 05-12-2004
http://groups.msn.com/woolpants/shoebox.msnw?Page=1
i've just added a few more photos to share w/ you all....
K LOVES being outside now that it is nice. if it was up to her, she'd be outside most of the day. that translates into... we are outside most of the day. :LOL luckily our backyard patio is covered w/ trees, and our upstairs patio (veranda type thing) is coved by trees as well so i don't have to worry about the sun too much.

are all your earthy capricorns as obsessed w/ rocks and dirt and other earthy substances as mine? the more dirt that covers her, the better.

darn, i was going to say something else, but poof, it has disappeared from my brain.

Brayg's Avatar Brayg 07:19 PM 05-12-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by *solsticemama*
Hey Brayg you're a senior member now Have you chosen a name?
I have not...haven't a clue what to name myself! :LOL

I see you aren't too far behind me.
majazama's Avatar majazama 08:29 PM 05-12-2004
I just wrote a big long post, and lost it.... :

I wanted to say that I hope my last post didn't sound harsh, because I had to leave.

mona~your baby looks like an angel-cutey.

solsticemama~I hope to catch up on my sleep one day too....lol

And I found a old baby trekker in a FREE box today I'm going to try to sell my newer one on the TP, so that I too can try one of those other amazing carriers.
eilonwy's Avatar eilonwy 09:32 PM 05-12-2004
Well, we only had three poops today, so that's a bit of an improvement.. plus, he was at my mother's (I had a Dr's appt) so I only had to change one of them.

On the downside, Eli threw up this morning in his carseat. I think it's from the soap he ate last night. : Our phone is dying, so I couldn't call poison control (I know, I know! but we don't have another for now!) but we gave him some water and kept an eye on him. He seemed pretty normal, threw up once this morning and then was hungry and happy the rest of the day.

I'm pretty sure the rash was roseola.. it's almost gone now, at any rate. I keep thinking I should take pictures of these rashes so I'll remember them (beacuse I'm forgetting things all the time right now) but I forget to take the pictures, too. :

Today, Eli peed in his potty standing up just like daddy. He found it terribly amusing. :LOL :

Totally T and a bit of a vent: My belly is huge, heavy, and hot. When I tell people I'm due in June they say "Oh, at least it's not July when it's really hot!" I can't help but wonder what's going on in their heads; it's only freaking May now and it's already 90+ degrees during the day. Do they think that June will somehow be cooler? : Even so, I don't feel like talking to people. I know they're just trying to make conversation, but I just feel like it's nobody's damned business when I'm due. Then they get all offended if I don't talk to them, like I'm holding out on some big secret! I don't know, maybe it's the hormones talking but I really think I might say something nasty to the next person who asks. :
lilmiss'mama's Avatar lilmiss'mama 12:14 AM 05-13-2004
eilonwy-- it is hot and uncomfortable to be pg in the summer! My oldest was born in July and I lived in Tucson at the time. Plus, I worked until a week before my due date and I walked to work. ughh! I worked at a little food co-op downtown and I sat at my cash register with a fan blowing directly on me! The heat can definetly make you a bit grumpy! Plus you have to lug a toddler around to; which doesn't help to keep you cool.

Mona your dd is a beauty! Thanks for sharing your pictures. The girls like to see pics of other babies!
*solsticemama*'s Avatar *solsticemama* 01:06 AM 05-13-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy

Even so, I don't feel like talking to people. I know they're just trying to make conversation, but I just feel like it's nobody's damned business when I'm due. Then they get all offended if I don't talk to them, like I'm holding out on some big secret! I don't know, maybe it's the hormones talking but I really think I might say something nasty to the next person who asks. :
Well you sound like a very pregnant mama, eilonwy. I can remember when I was preg with ds and strangers would come up to me and ask the usual, when are you due? They'd also ask, 'do you know what you're having?' Inside I was thinking, 'how will this change your life if you know what gender my baby is' So I'd just nod and say, yes. Of course the expectation was that I would then volunteer this info. Which I usually didn't do. People seem to feel a pregnant woman has fewer boundaries than the rest of us. Perhaps it's the archetype that a pregnant woman literally embodies. But when I was pregnant I decided not to ask any pregnant woman much more than, how are you feeling. Which then again, is none of my business. Oh and btw, you are holding the most beautiful secret

Mona, pics are so sweet of your dd. I particularly like, 'carrying rocks'.

Hoping for a good night for all mamas and babes.
lilmiss'mama's Avatar lilmiss'mama 01:33 AM 05-13-2004
I can understand your point *solsticemama* about not wanting to share your pregnancy secrets. However, I didn't feel that way when I was pg. So many people would ask me the same questions over and over again when they would come thru my line at the co-op. I loved talking about it "no, I don't know if it is a boy or girl" "I am due July 12".... Some of the customers would try and guess the gender or tell me what they thought it was going to be. One of the customers who was a regular, but not someone I really spoke much with knitted a blanket for my baby. I was so touched by that. Now when I see a pg lady I want to ask the same things, b/c I feel so excited and happy for them to be experiencing something so wonderful. I love sharing my birth stories. I guess I am not sure where I am going with this, but I don't ask those questions b/c it will change my life, I just feel drawn to pg women. They are so beautiful and glowing and magic; and I think a lot of people are drawn to that.
DecemberSun's Avatar DecemberSun 01:34 AM 05-13-2004
Wow! Pregnancy hormones are a-flowin'! Makes me want to be pregnant again sometimes- I'm ready, but I'm afraid my body will be horrible to me like it was last time...

People think pregnant women are beautiful because they're impressed by the sheer wonder and miracle of life. That's why they ask questions and make chit-chat, I think. I always get all gooshy when I see a beautiful pregnant mama, or even a tiny pink newborn. I like to ask "When are you due?" or "How old is the baby?" Makes my heart melt, I almost feel like I know the person because there's a small connection... or something like that... I had a couple glasses of Chardonnay and now I'm happy
tea olive's Avatar tea olive 03:06 AM 05-13-2004
hey ladies. i've been funky lately. no big deal, little temporary irritating stuff like me having a heavy period, and about a hundred other things bothering me. oh well.

hey ruby's mama, my ruby mei was born november 19.
lilyka, it sounds like ruby is alot like ava on the actual speaking of words. clay was this way as well. i have just been assuming that there are too many people fighting to talk as it is.....

i have no poop troubles. i take that back, i'm used to it. what i'm not used to is ruby's skills at opening things. box of rotini pasta that litters and jabs into feet. she can open some twist ties, knows to jab her finger into plastic to create a hole and shake stuff out. i forgot again, i'm at that age where i will lose about ten percent of my food due to her experiments. it happens everytime.
tea olive's Avatar tea olive 03:09 AM 05-13-2004
hey ladies. i've been funky lately. no big deal, little temporary irritating stuff like me having a heavy period, and about a hundred other things bothering me. oh well.

hey ruby's mama, my ruby mei was born november 19.
lilyka, it sounds like ruby is alot like ava on the actual speaking of words. clay was this way as well. i have just been assuming that there are too many people fighting to talk as it is.....

i have no poop troubles. i take that back, i'm used to it. what i'm not used to is ruby's skills at opening things. box of rotini pasta that litters and jabs into feet. she can open some twist ties, knows to jab her finger into plastic to create a hole and shake stuff out. i forgot again, i'm at that age where i will lose about ten percent of my food due to her experiments. it happens everytime.

http://community.webshots.com/user/casina102
eilonwy's Avatar eilonwy 12:21 PM 05-13-2004
You know, when I was pregnant with Eli I did want to talk to people. I loved actively hiding information, for example:

stranger: Do you know what you're having?

me: Yes, a baby.

s: No, is it a girl or a boy?

m: Yes, it's one or the other.

s: What are you hoping for?

m: A healthy baby.

s: A girl or a boy?

m: Yes, a girl or a boy.

s: Do you have names picked out?

m: Yes.

s: So, what are you calling the baby?

m: Baby Lastname.

:LOL

I loved doing it. Even when I told people I was having a boy (and I knew he was a boy from conception) I didn't tell them any more than that. I got a real kick out of it. :LOL This time around, things are different. I just don't want to be bothered! Like I said, I know they're just trying to be friendly but I'm so tempted to say "Due? What do you mean, due? I'm not pregnant!" Of course, at this point the "I'm just fat" argument won't hold water.. I'm at the beach ball smuggling phase and look distinctively pregnant. :LOL
Mona's Avatar Mona 12:49 PM 05-13-2004
i worked in a restaraunt to almost the end of my pregnancy, where i had been managing for 5 years, so the customers not only knew me, they acted like they had the right to know all about me! ugh. i did not technically know the gender (although knew inside ) so i used to have fun w/ people's questions to "what are you having." i agree that people do not have boundaries!!!
and goddess it was hot back in that kitchen!!! i worked the grill, and it got soooo hot. i always had fans blowing on me, and wet rags on my neck.
i was so glad when i stopped the grill and just did desserts.

great pic casina!

tea olive's Avatar tea olive 08:46 PM 05-13-2004
i found each pg and birth to be different. the secret friend you have affects you.
majazama's Avatar majazama 09:24 PM 05-13-2004
casina~your kids are so darling! Looks like they are having lots of fun. Ruby is so beautiful.

It's not too hot here these days. I'm in the nice cool Canada (no igloos, though), so I don't have to worry about the heat till July.
First ... 7  15  16  17 18  19 

Up