How long does your toddler nap? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How long does your toddler nap (total)?
30 minutes or less 1 1.49%
1 hour 5 7.46%
1.5 hours 15 22.39%
2 hours 28 41.79%
2.5 hours 7 10.45%
3 hours 4 5.97%
3.5 hours or more 7 10.45%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS sleeps at the exact same times every day it seems -- 30 mins around Noon and 1.5-2 hrs in the afternoon. I'm a nut for routine, and he just got used to it. I carry him in an Ergo for walks at the same times every day so it just works out. Then I lay in bed with him against my chest and I watch a movie or TV with some headphones. It's not because he's any different or more special than other children (though he is certainly special to me!), it's just the predictable routine that makes the difference for us.

Good luck.

#32 of 35 Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM

My DS is 15 months old and usually takes two, 2-3 hour naps per day. He goes to sleep between 7 and 8, usually sleeps through the night without even waking to eat, and wakes up between 5:30 and 6am. He has a toddler bed that he can climb in and out of so he plays until he decides to pass out, and now that its summer and stays light for so long his bed time has been getting later and later (he used to pass out by 6:30). I work an early shift and have to drop him off at my mom's house in the morning, so usually I have to actually wake him up. I think if I didn't work he would probably sleep much later in the morning and maybe only take one nap? I work M-TH but then we try to keep to the same wake/sleep schedule F-Sun too. Most days he's up around 6, naps from 9-11 or 11:30, naps again from 2-4, then is asleep by 8. He is a GREAT sleeper (climbs into bed and puts himself to sleep), but will ONLY sleep in his bed so I guess its kind of a trade off. He won't sleep in our bed, other people's houses, the carseat... but at home (or my mom's house) he will nap for hours.

#33 of 35 Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 AM

We had to get our toddler (23 months) on the daycare nap schedule of about 2 hours in the afternoon.  It's working out pretty well.  We had one issue with him wanting to nap for 3+ hours but found that it strongly correlated with him waking up at 5am.  When we limited the nap to 2 to 2.5 hours, he would sleep until 6 or 6:30am which is much better for us and he seems to adjust fine.  He always wants to go to bed by 8pm, so limiting his nap has been the only way to get him to sleep to a more reasonable morning hour.  There have been a few times he really didn't want to wake up after 2 hours, and we would let him sleep more, but usually he wakes up happy and ready to play!

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#34 of 35 Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post

My almost 17 month old naps about 2 hours a day - from 10am-noon.  She could do with a late afternoon nap - around 4pm, but I try to skip it because her bedtime is 7pm at the latest, usually more like 6pm.  And I enjoy the early bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels* View Post

My almost 12 month old sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours, from about 10 am to noon.  *ALWAYS* falling asleep in the ergo on my back while i do dishes! (I have occasionally scrubbed the kitchen sink spotless when there were no dishes) 

She could use an afternoon nap, but then wouldn't go to sleep at 6:30 - 7 pm for her bedtime... if she does have an afternoon nap, she'll be up until 10 or eleven.  Then it takes days to get back on track!

And I sure do looove the early bedtime like someone else already mentioned.

This is our schedule too.  I'm trying to push back the morning nap a little to 10:30 or even 11 just because it helps shorten the afternoon a little for my 13 month old.  She is almost always sleeping by 6:45 and will sleep till about 7:30 am.  (Yay me!  Although she does nurse through out the night.)  Yesterday we had an afternoon birthday party and she slept on the drive home and while I did a few errands from 4:00 to 5:30.  Boy did I pay for that one!  She was up until almost 10.  But morning naps have worked really well for both of my kids.  Afternoon naps, on the other hand, no so much.

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

#35 of 35 Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 AM

My DS is 14 months and he is a great sleeper, and has been right from the start. He was one of those rare babies that starting sleeping through the night at only 6 weeks old without any prompting from us. In fact at the beginning I would try to wake him for one of his night feeds and he would stay asleep, so I had to learn to let him sleep.

He currently has 2 naps for about 2 hours each AND sleeps for about 12 hours at night. I am hoping this lasts for a while yet as we are about to have a newborn, and I have a feeling this LO probably won't be as good a sleeper as DS.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page