Where to start? High Needs 3 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My three year old has always been active, dramatic, passionate...But, lately...its getting almost unbearable. He melts down CONSTANTLY. For almost everything. He SCREAMS at the top of his lungs if he doesn't get what he wants. He's extremely verbal, so its not like he can't communicate. He just screams. Lately, he's just basically refused to go to bed. I don't know what to do!!! He just comes in and out of his bedroom for HOURS. And he has stopped napping, so it seems like its a vicious cycle...he doesn't go to bed until late, and then he can't get up for school in the morning, he doesn't nap, so he's tired and grouchy all day...

I can't stand it. What do I do? The kid gets lots of exercise and outside time, he eats nothing but healthy whole foods, he goes to Montessori, he gets ton of one on one...I don't know if I can make it through! I also have a teenager and a 2 year old. It is just getting to be too much. I feel like every single moment of every single day is a screaming fight. Its just killing me!!

Any advice? How do I get him to settle and go to sleep at night? How do I effectively manage melt-downs when it basically amounts to a power struggle that he just can't deal with because he has no energy...AAAAAAAAAAGH

Crunchy, working mama to three awesome kiddos-2 born at home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
grouphug.gif I feel your pain. We are in a similar boat with my 2.5yo, he's just always been so intense & he's currently in a really awful phase. And no matter what I do, I can't get him to sleep enough, which complicates things times 10000. I really don't know what to tell you, but just wanted you to know you aren't alone.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif

User Tag List