Waking up early to look for daddy, seperation anxiety? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if 3YOs are still considered toddlers, so MOD feel free to move this!

DS has been waking up really early frantically searching for daddy and I'm not sure how to help him. I'm a SAHM and DS and I used to sleep in until 9 am and didn't move a muscle as daddy walked out the door for work. Suddenly something has changed!

Every time DS hears that shower running, he springs from a deep sleep and get down from bed to go watch daddy take a shower. This is at like 6 am, so DS has 7 hours of sleep since we stay up late. We've tried running fans, shutting more doors, anything to muffle the noise and help DS sleep in longer. No luck.

There have even been a few night where DS will sit up in bed (like a 2 am) calling for his dad. We cosleep and each time my husband mumbles "Honey I'm right here - on the other side of mommy."

So I guess I have two concerns.

1. How do I help DS keep sleeping longer and not.feel so frantic that his dad is going to work?
2. Where is this separation anxiety coming from? We have ton of fun all day, but suddenly daddy is the one he wants?!

Baby on the hip, boob in the mouth, seat to the rear, sleeping next to mama! Loving every day as a SAHM to my only, B.W.A.H born 4.1.08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am going through the same thing!  My daughter was diagnosed with seperation anxiety but when it comes to my husband she is especially bad.  Even if he leaves a room, goes to the shower, on the porch, etc. she cries and screams "wheres daddy"  Its gotton real bad the past few months....

We co-sleep as well :(  The phd. I took my daughter to seems to think this a major contributing factor to her separation anxiety??  Have you heard this as well?

PS I am so glad I joined this site today and are hearing people with similar issues :)

User Tag List