20mo who won't nap without me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-28-2011, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are a bedsharing family & my 20mo who has never been a good napper/sleeper still will not fall asleep or stay asleep unless I am in the bed with him. It's been fine for me to nap with him most of the time, but I am starting to feel like he should be able to stay asleep if i get up. we have a great routine for both nap & bed time that usually put him to sleep easily, but no matter how long I wait until i get up, he is up within 15-20 min of my sneaking out of the bed. at night my partner puts him to bed & he will stay down after she gets up but naptime mommy is not so lucky i guess. any ideas, information that might help? i am getting frustrated & don't know what to do! 

Mommy to DS (12/18/09) joy.gif  Partner to KC learning.gif

nocirc.gif   selectivevax.gif cd.gif   familybed1.gif  dp_femalesling.GIF   treehugger.gif   rainbow1284.gif   

#2 of 2 Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No ideas just commiseration.  We are in the same boat only DD is 25 mo.  She cannot stay asleep if I get up during her nap but she can at bedtime provided I stay 10 minutes from when she starts nodding off.  I look forward to seeing what other recommend here.  I figure we'll get there eventually and it is some imposed rest for me but sometimes it would be great to get things done!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page