Water. No, juice, no water, no juice- make mama crazy - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-09-2004, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK

How do you deal with the 2 yo indecisiveness?

She says she wants juice. I igve her juice- she screams NO! - Water!! I give her water NO! Juice. I give her back the juice NO! Water.

I put them both on the table (which are of course in the wrong cups by now) and walk away so I can go beat my head against the wall. She cries for a few seconds then seems fine

How do you handle this? It is really getting to me and it seems to only just be starting!!

thistle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-09-2004, 08:55 PM

i dont play the game. if ds doesnt make a decision, i walk away... he learned real quick to tell me what he really wants, or pick or whatever... give her the choices and either set them out and walk away or put them away if she wont make a decision... if its always about the juice or water.. just put two cups, one of each out and walk away...

the fact that she is fine a few seconds later really points to her just pushing your buttons
#3 of 5 Old 04-09-2004, 10:23 PM

Yep, that's what I do. One of each and then I walk away. He can be upset for a bit about it if he wants, but I don't stand there and continue the craziness by trying to negotiate an unnegotiable situation.

#4 of 5 Old 04-09-2004, 10:43 PM

The indecision makes me nutty, too. DS has started asking me to sing him his bedtime songs and then when I start, he says "NOOOOOO!". But then I stop and well, you know, the whole routine starts again.

I have to get better at just walking away or not giving in. But when I do sort of stand firm, he gets it QUICK.
#5 of 5 Old 04-10-2004, 11:12 AM

It's amazing how even at such a young age children can manipulate (if we let them) without even intending to do so. I try my hardest not to get myself into those situations, but it does happen, although I'm doing better with my second one!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page