post partum hair loss two years in?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-16-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not sure where the best place to post this would be, but DD is 2 yrs 4mos. I feel like my hair is still not back to normal after giving birth over 2 yrs ago, and just wonder if other mamas experience this too? When I was pregnant, I didn't lose any hair (and it was nice and thick!), so of course a few months after birth, I lost a LOT. I still feel like I'm losing more than I used to, and not sure if it's my age (40) and the fact that more and more of my hair is going gray...? (which of course means it's straighter than it used to be) shrug.gif

I know this is not much to complain about, but just wondered to hear if other mamas have similar experiences?

Thanks!

Mama to joy.gifDD1 (5/09) and happy crawler DD2 (11/12) and wife to DH guitar.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-16-2011, 11:33 AM

My hair never rebounded after DD1.  DD2 is almost 12mo and I'm still losing it a handful at a time.  

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#3 of 6 Old 09-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

mine was coming out like on chemo after DS2 was born.  Between that a couple of other symptoms, turns out I have adrenal fatigue.I would check adrenals and thyroid function, especially if your hair never rebounded to a pre-pregnancy state.

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
#4 of 6 Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your thoughts! That's a great reminder to get checked by a naturopath or someone... I know for one I rely way too much on caffeine, since we're still not sleeping through the night, and I'm sure that's not good for the adrenals. 

And good to know I'm not going crazy! redface.gif

Mama to joy.gifDD1 (5/09) and happy crawler DD2 (11/12) and wife to DH guitar.gif

#5 of 6 Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea definitely!  :)  My osteopath (who is also our gp) did all the blood work and gave me the diagnosis.  So much better having that than thinking I was a nut!!!! :P

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
#6 of 6 Old 09-19-2011, 10:01 PM

I too would recommend getting a full thyroid panel done. Be sure they test more than just TSH though. Pregnancy and birth are two triggers to going hypothyroid and hair loss can be a sign of that.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page