3 years old - still no hair! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my girl does not have a lot of hair - in fact I was just looking at her 2 year old birthday pics and her hair looks exactly the same!! I am really starting to worry.

my husband and I were scarce in the hair department as kids, but looking at our pictures from around 3 we definitely had more hair than this.

is it normal to be 3 and have seemingly no hair growth? its been the same length forever and very fair and just barely covers her head

sorry if there is already a thread like this but I am new :)

#2 of 8 Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM

Does she have light colored hair? My now 13 yo ds was still looking pretty bald at 3. He had what we called pink hair, it was pretty light red (brother and sister have bright red and dark red respectively). He really didn't have much until he was closer to 4 and then it came in really, really curly.
#3 of 8 Old 10-19-2011, 05:37 AM

our dd's going to be 2 next month and she still doesn't have much.  we all have dark hair, too, so it's not necessarily lightness.  MIL says she didn't have much till 3 and i did not have much myself till past 2.  i have been told it's an ethnic thing, but not sure i buy it...  (commonly associated with people of germanic descent)

when mine did grow in it was pretty curly.  and it still grows agonizingly slowly. 

you can see dd in this photo --hm.jpeg

i'm pretty unconcerned, though it's annoying that people think we cut her hair that way!!!

~edited to add image instead of link cause everybody else had pics!!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#4 of 8 Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 AM

My son will be 3 in January and has very fine and sparse hair.  The actual length at the back is longish (sort of) but he doesn't have much at the top (and has what looks like a receding hair line lol!)  I have never cut his hair:

close up.jpg

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#5 of 8 Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 AM

evergreen, those curlsluxlove.gif

#6 of 8 Old 10-19-2011, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

yeah I think I am prone to panic because I keep reading things that say it is normal and then hair comes in around age 2... well, we are at age 3!

she does have light hair. Everrgreen - I love those curls!!  I think he has slightly more hair but yeah she has about that much...

here's a picture from around April...still looks the same!  can't tell from this photo but she is definitely rocking the mullet (has been for some time now) I think at least that part will have to be trimmed. but not in any hurry to cut any of the rest (she has never had a hair cut)

DSC_0533.JPG

#7 of 8 Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks - I love his curls too!  And I love that he still has baby soft hair.  My cousins son is 3 months older and has had a number of haircuts and his hair is very much 'kid hair' as opposed to my DS's baby hair.  I always planned on letting it grow long (I love longer hair on boys!)  But this all we've got so far lol!  Oh well!  I think I may have to trim the back part at some point just to even it out, but the curls do prevent a lot of the 'mullet' look :)

suprnoodle - that is such a cute photo!  Her hair does seem to have that same baby-fine look to it as my ds.  I say just enjoy it!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#8 of 8 Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 AM

lovely!! 

i also tell myself that we luckily bypassed the stage of having to wash lots of peanut butter, sand, and other food out of their hair constantly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page