Help us with separation anxiety... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-24-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD is almost 2 and we started "school" this year, 1 day per week, for 2 hours and I stay the whole time.  They try to incorporate a parent discussion in another room for 20-30 each week.  For the first 4 weeks we didn't do any discussion to let the kids get used to their environment.  Then last week we left for 5 minutes.  She was fine when I came back...I am not sure the kids noticed too much. 

We tell the kids we are leaving and will be back shortly.  I could see a little fear in her eyes the first day, but it ended up being okay.  Well, this week we left for 15 minutes.  As we left, I peered through the window and she was still okay so I wasn't worried.  When we came back she was so upset and crying so hard she was gasping for air.

I am so scared to leave again next week.  Is there anything I can do to make it easier for her?  We have never gone to daycare or had a sitter other than my mom or MIL.  We are just in the room next door and there are several teachers in with the children. 

Please any suggestions would be very helpful!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is 22 months and has never been without me or DH because she just isn't ready. All kids are different. Yours may not be ready to separate just yet. I'm not planning on having alternate caregivers for another year or three.

You might just need to go slow. At least have someone send for you if your daughter begins to get upset or want you. Letting her know you are available and she can call for you seems to be the logical next step.

SAHM to DD born 12/09 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page