Molars? Allergies? What is going ON? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

So, first there was the 4-day power outage, then the time-change, and now my 19 month old is doing this weird, awful thing at night where she wakes up crying 2-ish hours after going to bed and simply cannot go back to sleep.  She tries to sleep, and will alternately doze (for 1 - 2 minutes), then write around and cry until I soothe her back to sleep.  This goes on for upwards of three hours, and usually only ends if I give her a bottle with Tylenol in it.  BUT - if I give her tylenol at the beginning of the night, it doesn't stop her from waking up screaming, and I really don't want to be giving her a dose of Tylenol every day if it's really not helping her.  It's not a night terror, because she's conscious during these episodes.  She doesn't have her hands in her mouth, but I do know that she's working on her upper molars.  It's really making for some miserable nights, for both of us.  Anyone have a similar experience?  Does this sound like molars, or a food intolerance, or a developmental thing?  More importantly - how do I get it to stop????

#2 of 2 Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK could be a couple of things.  Molars are a definite possibility.  But, here's my question...during the power outage, were you guys all worried and tense about it?  If so, she's reacting to that and is having a hard time readjusting to the normal routine.  So I think there's some underlying thing there.  Also, for me, we don't even have tylenol in the house.  So, I would suggest some rescue remedy for both of you during your bed time routine so everyone chills out and if you think there is pain involved with teething giving her a tablet (they dissolve) of arnica and maybe some homeopathic camilia by Boiron to make things easier.  Then of course when those nasty molars cut through just do the rescue remedy until everyone is comfortable again.  If you were tense/frustrated by the power outage and then the time change, she's still reacting to that.  She doesn't have the vocab yet to say, hey ma I was more freaked out than you!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page