loosing it. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sweet little 16 month old is turning into a monster. He's pretty much 100% frustrated throughout the day because he only has a few words, and can't express himself...so if he wants something he just tantrums, screams etc until I try to figure out what it is he's needing (a snack, a drink...) most of the times I can figure it out but if I can't he just looses it completely. And the hair pulling, biting, tackling etc is just..exhausting. The second his sister wakes up he's basically all over her and if they are playing nicely (there are moments of course where they do..) he will stop, and jump on her and pull her hair, scratch etc while giggling because he doesn't realize he's being a little evil beast. 

I just need to rant because it's so frustrating. DD was basically verbal by this point and he's not -- he is very much into running, jumping and climbing and will play with Legos but he just TORTURES her. And I'm sick of getting my face scratched. 

AND he's still getting up 5x a night with a 5am wake up. 

Whew okay, thanks for reading. Anyone else struggling please feel free to let it out 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM

When my kids bug each other I have separate zones for them... with separate stuff to do.  I find that getting outside helps everyone's spirits, too! 

But with the separate zones, having a cozy bunk bed/loft area the older child can get to, and then take the little one and do something silly like jump on a trampoline (that only comes out for special occasions) helps...

toddlers are tough!  hang in there...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, big fan of just throwing my hands in the air and telling everyone to go outside!

I realized also that his teeth are part of the problem, and we both went to bed at 6:30pm which has helped our spirits. In the moment I'm always like "oh this sucks, this is it, this is the end.." but afterwards when I get time to reflect on those feelings I realize there are reasons, and ways to deal with them 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#4 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

My son was like that when he was a baby. Fortunately, he was my first, so there was no sibling to torture. Of course, I was the one who was tortured lol! We coslept, so every morning, I was greeted with claws across the face. Or biting. It was awful! He was so hyper, and he would scratch, hit, and even bite other kids.

We got through it somehow--to this day, I still don't know how! He's a good boy now, with a very sweet heart. Those toddler days were brutal for me though, which is why I waited 7 long years to have my daughter. I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone, and I feel your frustration. It's a challenge, that's for sure!  Taking the kids out to play is a good idea....your son can use his energy to run and play, instead of terrorizing his sister lol!!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page