play kitchens??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope it's not too late but don't buy the TreeHaus one.  Our toddler son got one for Christmas.  We liked the price and that it was wood but this is very poorly manufactured.  Holes don't line up correctly.  A handle has already cracked.  Spend more money and buy one worthwhile. 

Our son also go the food and plates sets.  The food has velcro on it so they slices stick together, good idea.  However, already several of the velcro has already come off the food.  :(  So far nothing negative about the pots, pans, and plates but we'll see.

#32 of 36 Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We got the ikea kitchen at christmas. I know of two height options...the silver legs at the bottom can be attached one of two ways, which allow for the kitchen to be taller or shorter by a few inches. not sure about the third option. We bought the base (sink. cupboard, oven) which is almost 22" tall (set on the shorter leg). This is tall enough for my 22mth old. The top portion (shelf, cup holder) of the kitchen is a separate piece. We were debating getting this right away, as she wouldnt be able to reach the shelf. It was out of stock, so that settled that, for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeabroad View Post

I am loving these suggestions. For those of you with the Ikea kitchen. Can you tell me about the three heights? Or even just how tall the tallest setting is? I can't find it anywhere. TIA!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#33 of 36 Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM

DD got the Plan Toys kitchen from my mom and it is so far a HUGE hit. She loves playing with all the parts. Other relatives got her various wooden play food (some melissa & doug and some from Bed Bath & Beyond). Wonderful Christmas gift. We set it up in our kitchen and she happily plays with it while I make dinner.

Mom to DD 12/2009; married to wonderful hubby 1/07.
#34 of 36 Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Here's an example of a homemade play kitchen which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.

http://www.younghouselove.com/2012/01/claras-christmas-kitchen/

#35 of 36 Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 AM

I think all of the handmade ones are awesome but realistically, I will never do a project like that. I got the Kitchen Corner from Melissa and Doug. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KYTT7S/ref=asc_df_B003KYTT7S1876025?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B003KYTT7S

And we have a lot of melissa and doug wooden food toys.  She's not yet old enough for me to see its durablity but I love it. Its not bulky and I think its really cute and appropriate.

#36 of 36 Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 AM

We just got the Kidkraft Retro kitchen in white for E for Christmas. She LOVES it! I'll say it was annoying to put together, but it's very sturdy, not too big, cute, and she can open the doors herself.  We have a lot of experience with the IKEA one as well. Also a good kitchen if you like the look better, but doesn't have a fridge! Also, those doors are very hard to open, E couldn't do them and would get frustrated.

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page