Help me figure this out please.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My Dd is almost 2.5 yrs. She has always been petite and slow to gain weight. She does have allergies and we do not feed her food she is allergic to....

2 weeks back she suffered from a cold and fever (the works) and ate very little (as it is she eats very little...world's pickiest eater hands down) and hurled a lot... so lost about 1 pound in a week's time.

Usually when she loses that kind of weight after an illness she recovers and makes up for it in another 2 weeks. But now it has been 2 weeks and she has still not recovered an ounce of it.

Should I be worried?

Is babies' growth stalled during winter? Or was it summer. I thought logically in winter because of decreased activity they should put on more weight - no?

Any insights?

#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it's the sort of age when weight plateaus often, anyway.

I wouldn't worry as long as she's doing alright in herself otherwise.  Bright, satisfied with meals, energetic, etc.

~ Yank Transplant to Britain and Zookeeper of 4 DC age 10 and under. ~
#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

She could be expending calories keeping her body warm. She may need another layer in the house and of course outdoors very warmly dressed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page